ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost my Job when ILR application is in process

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Dheerajitsme
Newly Registered
India

Lost job after applying for ILR

Post by Dheerajitsme » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:08 pm

Hi,

I am eligible for applying for ILR on 20/April/2020 through Tier 2(General) route as I am completing my 5 years on 17th May 2020. I have got to know that I can apply 28 Days before I complete 5 years. I have already gathered all the required documents from my company which include a latter saying that they need me indefinitely in UK. I also got to know that home office has now suspended all the priority service and accepting only standard service which may take 26 weeks to get an ILR.

But looking at the current scenario, I am a bit worried that I may lose job or asked to return to my base country within these 26 weeks because of Covid-19 business impact. What will happen to my ILR application if I lose my job? Will I still get an ILR based upon the documents provided in the application or do I need to search for another tier 2 sponsor urgently?

Reagrds
Dheeraj

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: Lost job after applying for ILR

Post by poper » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:56 pm

I also got to know that home office has now suspended all the priority service and accepting only standard service which may take 26 weeks to get an ILR.
The above statement is incorrect. Where have you heard this? Currently biometric process offered by UKVCAS is suspended due to the pandemic. This does not stop you from applying for a priority service. However, your application will only be decided once the biometrics are completed.

Keep visiting the below to stay updated:
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/home-internal

Your ILR application will be considered withdrawn if you leave the UK before your application is decided.
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:40 pm

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Dheerajitsme
Newly Registered
India

Post by Dheerajitsme » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:59 am

poper wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:56 pm
I also got to know that home office has now suspended all the priority service and accepting only standard service which may take 26 weeks to get an ILR.
The above statement is incorrect. Where have you heard this? Currently biometric process offered by UKVCAS is suspended due to the pandemic. This does not stop you from applying for a priority service. However, your application will only be decided once the biometrics are completed.

Keep visiting the below to stay updated:
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/home-internal

Your ILR application will be considered withdrawn if you leave the UK before your application is decided.
The priority service is withdrawn. When you go to gov.uk to fill up SET(O) form following statement is displayed:
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Disruption to this service
Due to the impact of COVID-19 and the worldwide border, travel and public health restrictions our appointment locations are temporarily closed. You should complete your application and any further actions as usual. Your application will not be affected by the centres closing.

It is not possible to offer a Priority or Super Priority service, do not choose these services when you apply.

Moreover, no option to select priority service is available to select when you go on payment page.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:10 pm

Sorry, I wasn't aware the priority service was temporarily closed.
You either may apply through standard service or wait for the priority service to open depending on how long your current leave is remaining
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

Dheerajitsme
Newly Registered
India

Lost my Job when ILR application is in process

Post by Dheerajitsme » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:12 pm

Hi All,

I have applied for ILR through Tier 2 General Route in April 2020. Because of pandemic I had to apply for the slower route. I have also recently submitted all my documents to HMRC through email and might give my biometric as well within 2-3 weeks as now the UKVCAS centers are open.

But today my employer has informed me that because of pandemic they are doing cost cutting and gave me notice period of 1 month.

Now I am a bit confused what would be my situation now. Will I get the ILR based upon the document I submitted? Or will my application be denied because I lost my job?

vinny

Re: Lost my Job when ILR application is in process

Post by vinny » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:12 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Xiongmao
Newly Registered
China

Post by Xiongmao » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:57 pm

Dheerajitsme wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:12 pm
Hi All,

I have applied for ILR through Tier 2 General Route in April 2020. Because of pandemic I had to apply for the slower route. I have also recently submitted all my documents to HMRC through email and might give my biometric as well within 2-3 weeks as now the UKVCAS centers are open.

But today my employer has informed me that because of pandemic they are doing cost cutting and gave me notice period of 1 month.

Now I am a bit confused what would be my situation now. Will I get the ILR based upon the document I submitted? Or will my application be denied because I lost my job?
I guess once your employer supplied the emploument letter and didn't report to HO immediately after the end of your employment. The HO has no other way to check your employment status based on the documents you and your company provided.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:57 pm

UKVI often verifies the content of the letters applicants provide to ensure they are genuine and their contents remain valid. As ILR under the Tier 2 route requires continued employment, UKVI in the current situation may very well perform such checks on every Tier 2 applicant to prevent abuse :!: :!: Needless to say that a sponsor must immediately report any termination of employment via SMS to UKVI
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Rambo_ILR
India

Post by Rambo_ILR » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:24 pm

Unfortunately your ILR will be refused. As your employer has notified you about the job termination, they will likely need to inform the circumstance to UKVI. Also your employer letter is not valid any more.