ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Early ILR Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

youyuanannie

Early ILR Application

Post by youyuanannie » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:07 pm

Dear all,

Will appreciate some help here on the earliest application date. My understanding is that I can only apply 28 days before I qualify. I am worried about job security and would like to apply early if the rule permits. My BPR issue date is 13/08/2015. Does it mean I can apply now rather than waiting until later this month?

Many thanks.
Yuan

zimba
Mood:

Re: Early ILR Application

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:01 pm

youyuanannie wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:07 pm
Dear all,

Will appreciate some help here on the earliest application date. My understanding is that I can only apply 28 days before I qualify. I am worried about job security and would like to apply early if the rule permits. My BPR issue date is 13/08/2015. Does it mean I can apply now rather than waiting until later this month?

Many thanks.
Yuan
Yes.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

youyuanannie

Post by youyuanannie » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:56 am

Thank you Zimba. It's good to know the 28 days rule doesn't really apply.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:40 pm

youyuanannie wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:56 am
There is no such a thing as 28 days rule. It is a concession made by UKVI for grant of ILR. You should be eligible on the day of decision
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

youyuanannie

Post by youyuanannie » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:38 pm

Zimba wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:40 pm
youyuanannie wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:56 am
There is no such a thing as 28 days rule. It is a concession made by UKVI for grant of ILR. You should be eligible on the day of decision
Great to know thanks Zimba. I am considering early application because my employer just announced their redundancy plan due to COVID-19. Although I am unlikely to be made redundant, I am worried about how my employment status is going to impact my ILR application.

The redundancy plan will not commence immediately so I will remain employed when I submit my application later this month. However, given the massive application backlog and the removal of priority visa services, the Home Office may take up to 6 months to process my application. I would appreciate your help to clarify whether my settlement application will be rejected if I lose my job whilst waiting for a decision.

Many thanks!

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:57 pm

Your ILR will be refused if you lose your job under Tier 2

youyuanannie

Post by youyuanannie » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:14 pm

Zimba wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:57 pm
Your ILR will be refused if you lose your job under Tier 2
Even if I still have my job at the point of application? It's the waiting period (which can be long time) I am worried about. Cheers.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:40 pm

Tier 2 is based on continued employment where your sponsor needs you for the foreseeable future

youyuanannie

Post by youyuanannie » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:31 pm

Zimba wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:40 pm
Tier 2 is based on continued employment where your sponsor needs you for the foreseeable future
Well. I have got the letter from my employer saying I am needed for the foreseeable future. My question is whether Home Office will conduct any further checks during the waiting period. If so, in case I lose my job, I am worried about the ILR refusal.

Many thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:35 pm

youyuanannie wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:31 pm
Zimba wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:40 pm
Well. I have got the letter from my employer saying I am needed for the foreseeable future. My question is whether Home Office will conduct any further checks during the waiting period. If so, in case I lose my job, I am worried about the ILR refusal.

Many thanks.
I repeat again, if you are not employed your ILR will be refused. It is irrelevant that at the time of application you were employed or whatever. Your employer is required to inform UKVI if they terminate your employment