ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Ancestry Visa Holder and Dependant applying for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

StewbobClark
Newly Registered
South Africa

UK Ancestry Visa Holder and Dependant applying for ILR

Post by StewbobClark » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:28 pm

I am a UK Ancestry BRP holder and will shortly complete 5+ years in the UK.

I married an American already living in the UK in 2018 while she was on her Tier 2 Minister of Religion Visa.

Immediately after getting married, I renewed my UK Ancestry Visa and at the same time added my wife as a Dependant (Spouse), so we were both issued new BRPs valid for a further 5 years (exp 07/2023).

My wife's Dependant BRP was in her maiden name because she did not wish to legally change her surname and her US passport has subsequently remained in her maiden name.

She will shortly need to renew her US passport and will be changing her surname from her maiden name to her married name.

We plan to renew her US passport first, in her married name, and then immediately thereafter apply for ILR for both of us with her applying under her married name.

I just wanted to check that there would be no problems and if there are any fields in the application form(s) I should specifically watch out for?

zimba
Mood:

Re: UK Ancestry Visa Holder and Dependant applying for ILR

Post by zimba » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:05 pm

No issues. This is normal
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice