ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 Years ILR, Tier2 start date qurey.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

falcon$
Newly Registered
Mood:

10 Years ILR, Tier2 and Police Investigation

Post by falcon$ » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:07 am

I have a bit of complex case would highly appreciate your kind feedback.

I am on Tier 2 visa currently and will complete 10 years lawful residence (tier 4 + tier 2) in 3 weeks time. My ex wife knew my visa situation and brought in false domestic abuse case to police after we are separated for 6 months now. I am completely innocent and hope police will see that sooner.

The problem I have is due to police investigation and nature of my job, My employer has suspended me from job. My question is:

- Can I apply for 10 years ILR in 3 weeks time, When police investigation is ongoing and I am suspended by tier 2 sponsor employer.

- What are the chances HO will wait for police investigation and not refuse straight away.

thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: 10 Years ILR, Tier2 and Police Investigation

Post by zimba » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:01 pm

You can apply. An ongoing investigation does not lead to refusal but may delay your decision
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

falcon$
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by falcon$ » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:46 am

Many thanks for your response. Much appreciated.

One more question. current Tier 2 sponsor has suspended me but hasn't informed the HO yet. If I wait for outcome of police investigation(4-6 weeks), Then apply for 10 years ILR. Would this be classed as ''breaching a condition of your leave to remain''

Would there be any problem with regards to applying 10 years ILR.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:26 pm

falcon$ wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:46 am
Many thanks for your response. Much appreciated.

One more question. current Tier 2 sponsor has suspended me but hasn't informed the HO yet. If I wait for outcome of police investigation(4-6 weeks), Then apply for 10 years ILR. Would this be classed as ''breaching a condition of your leave to remain''

Would there be any problem with regards to applying 10 years ILR.
NO. That is not a breach
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

falcon$
Newly Registered
Mood:

10 Years ILR, Tier2 start date qurey.

Post by falcon$ » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:59 pm

This Forum is of a great help and would be really gretful if someone can advise.
I am about to apply for my ILR based on 10 years of lawful residance. The 10 years include the Tier 4 and Tier 2.
My question is regarding the start date of my Tier2 work visa (2016), which was after succesful completion of my Masters degree (Tier4) and my tier 4 visa still had time left.
I started working for my tier 2 Sponsor after the COS mentioned start date (14th Septemebr 2016). however I applied for tier 2 visa few days later (17th Spetember 2016) after the COS was issued.

I am concered about these few days as I am allowed to work for the Tier 2 sponsor after the aplication of tier 2 visa. As per the rules in place in 2016.

Can someone please advise on the consequences of this on my ILR application.

Many thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Re: 10 Years ILR, Tier2 start date qurey.

Post by zimba » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:09 am

This was no allowed under the rules however it may be ignored

falcon$
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by falcon$ » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:52 pm

My Teir4 visa condition was not have a permanaent vacany after completing the course. what is classed as permanent vacancy? Mine was a training contract of 52 weeks with clear start and end date mentioned on the contract. would this be classed as permanent vacancy?

thanks in adavance.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:09 am

No

falcon$
Newly Registered
Mood:

10 Years ILR application pending and Possible Dismissal from Work.

Post by falcon$ » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:30 pm

My ILR application based on 10 years residance is with home office currently. I have a current Tier 2 visa, Job situation is not looking stable.

My question is if i loose the job, will this impact on my pending ILR application.

thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:05 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

falcon$
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by falcon$ » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:07 am

My appologies, I thought i am creating an new topic. Now i am unable to delete this.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:55 am

If you have completed your 10 years, then a job loss should have no effect.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.