ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Validly ILR -Help........

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sk99
Newly Registered

Passport Validly ILR -Help........

Post by Sk99 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:42 pm

Hi I wonder if anyone can help I can't find an official answer anywhere.
My wife is currently on a 5 year route FLR(M) spouse visa (originally arrived on a fiance visa) and her Residence Permit expires on the 30/03/21, however her pass port expires on 20/02/21. We are preparing for ILR.

According to the 28day rule we can apply on the 02/03/2021 (i think).

Does anyone no if her passport has to valid at the time we submit the application or the end of Residence Permit date or the time of the actual ILR biometric appointment/assessment??

I can seem to find this info in black and white on the .gov website.,........and am not sure what to do.

PS we had plans to renew the passport which have been quashed by covid19 restrictions.

Thanks In advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Passport Validly ILR -Help........

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:47 pm

You need a valid passport for all visa/ILR applications you make to UKVI. All the guidance notes state this and the document checklist at the end of the online form will also state this.

See also Immigration Rule 34(5)(b).

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... -in-the-uk
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sk99
Newly Registered

Post by Sk99 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:09 pm

Hi okay thanks I agree but, is this at the time we press submit on the application (which the passport would be in date) or at the time of the biometrics appointment.(if after 20th march the passport wouldn't be). They don't seem to differentiate between the two.

Our intention was to renew the passport but now it's looking impossible (as you need at least 6months on the passport to travel) which will expire soon meaning we can't go and get a new passport (it can't be renewed remotely).

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:02 pm

Sk99 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:09 pm
Hi okay thanks I agree but, is this at the time we press submit on the application (which the passport would be in date) or at the time of the biometrics appointment.(if after 20th march the passport wouldn't be). They don't seem to differentiate between the two.

Our intention was to renew the passport but now it's looking impossible (as you need at least 6months on the passport to travel) which will expire soon meaning we can't go and get a new passport (it can't be renewed remotely).

Thanks
Don't understand the matter about needing 6months of validity on passport to travel. She is travel from UK where she has legal and valid leave to enter/reside to a country where she is a citizen of. Stand to be corrected but seems the 6months validity of passport has to do with if you are making application for visa to most countries or embassies.
If spouse country has embassy or high commission in the UK, passport issuance OR renewal should be ordinarily part of the consular services.
Do check well

Sk99
Newly Registered

Post by Sk99 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:57 pm

Nor do I but that's the ruleing (and Cambodia), I have spoke to the embersey and they have confirmed this is correct. Hence my concern.