ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in UK tests availability

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gpm468

Life in UK tests availability

Post by gpm468 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:36 pm

I went to book an appointment for Life in the UK test, for a settlement visa (5 year route). I chose test centre Luton, it showed nothing available for over a month and the first one was 23rd August, apparently all the dates greyed out before then means nothing at *any* test centres?

Is this COVID related? What can you do if your leave to remain expires before the date of an available test? (I am aware that you can apply under a different category rather than settlement)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Life in UK tests availability

Post by seagul » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:39 pm

gpm468 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:36 pm
I went to book an appointment for Life in the UK test, for a settlement visa (5 year route). I chose test centre Luton, it showed nothing available for over a month and the first one was 23rd August, apparently all the dates greyed out before then means nothing at *any* test centres?

Is this COVID related? What can you do if your leave to remain expires before the date of an available test? (I am aware that you can apply under a different category rather than settlement)
You can still proceed to the appropriate visa/settlement category in timely and can supply it later.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Vish79k
Mood:
India

Post by Vish79k » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:44 pm

Try different test centre across UK. I didnt have anything untill Jul 26th 2020. I booked it and however I looked up for other test centres and I got one for Jun 25th 2020. I booked this as well. I wrote the exam and finished it in less than 15 mins and passed. I got a notfication of a URN no which I have. Later since I passed I cancelled the one that I applie dfor July 26th 2020 and I also got the refund. SO the key is book as many as you can and study well. Its easy but practice more importantly the testsand look at the answers so you get an idea. let me know if you need any help

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:17 am

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice