ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for Spouse 5 Year

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bling-uk

ILR and English Requirement

Post by bling-uk » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:52 pm

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been asked before but I am struggling to find an answer !

I entered the UK on a dependent visa in May 2015
Applied for FLR (M) extension in Feb 2018 and now need to apply for ILR

I was to apply in April but due to the Covid situation my LIUK test has been scheduled three times now.

My question is regarding the English Language Requirement.

For my initial application from outside the UK. I had my Naric Assessments done. The date on these letters is 27 Feb 2015

I used them again for my extension in Feb 2010

The first letter states
Country of Qualification,
Title of Award,
Awarding Institution,
Year of Completion
Lever of English : The level of English language for the above degree course is considered to meet the requirements of CEFR level C1.

Thanks
The second letter states the assessment of this degree and says IS considered comparable to British Bachelor ( Honours ) degree Standard.

So my main question is Are these two letters sufficient for the ILR application in regards to the English Requirement ?

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR and English Requirement

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:12 am

Yes they are
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

bling-uk

ILR for Spouse 5 Year

Post by bling-uk » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:45 pm

Hi

Looking for some guidance.

Timeline
I entered the UK on a dependent visa in May 2015
Applied for FLR Extension in Feb 2018 and Granted till Aug 2020

Initially I had planned to apply in April but due to Covid19 couldn't apply.
I have the LIUK test cleared and English Language from Naric

I was hoping to do this by Same day service which is unfortunately no longer available.

I would like some clarity on what is the exact process to do do this ?

A query on accommodation - we are at the same address since 4 years.

We are on a Rolling contract (1 month) now so what sort of proof we can provide?

As this is a rolling contract we did not get any AST but just a letter stating the tenancy is due to become periodic on March 2020.
This letter is addressed to my partner and does not state my name.

The rent is paid by my partners bank account.

Thanks in advance

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: ILR for Spouse 5 Year

Post by seagul » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:59 pm

bling-uk wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:45 pm

I would like some clarity on what is the exact process to do do this ?
There are several discussions & experiences which you can search by yourself
bling-uk wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:45 pm
A query on accommodation - we are at the same address since 4 years.

We are on a Rolling contract (1 month) now so what sort of proof we can provide?

As this is a rolling contract we did not get any AST but just a letter stating the tenancy is due to become periodic on March 2020.
This letter is addressed to my partner and does not state my name.

The rent is paid by my partners bank account.

Thanks in advance
An AST when expires then spontaneously transform into statutory periodic if a new AST hasn't been agreed and all of that is pretty normal & should be known to visa authorities. For this purpose the expired AST along with the letter indicating rolling contract is deemed sufficient. Also you will need a noc letter from the landlord/letting agent if you weren't named on the AST.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

bling-uk

Post by bling-uk » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:22 pm

Thanks Seagul,

any alternative for the AST. I am not able to find the older AST as well the last AST is probably from 2018

For the Full process - is there any sTicky.

I have been trying to search for myself but not come across any good posts which can give all the details.
Greatful if someone can post some links please !

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:50 pm

bling-uk wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:22 pm
Thanks Seagul,

any alternative for the AST. I am not able to find the older AST as well the last AST is probably from 2018

I have been trying to search for myself but not come across any good posts which can give all the details.

Thanks
Without the AST the criteria might not be met. Checks your emails as it most often is sent through online or ask letting agent/landlord to supply you its copy who definitely have that.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

bling-uk

Post by bling-uk » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:27 am

seagul wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:50 pm
bling-uk wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:22 pm
Thanks Seagul,

Thanks
Without the AST the criteria might not be met. Checks your emails as it most often is sent through online or ask letting agent/landlord to supply you its copy who definitely have that.
Hi Seagul,
I am being told that as I am on a Rolling Tenancy Agreement ( 1 month). I do not have an AST.

Any furthur advice would be helpful as not really sure what to do ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:35 am

A physical AST is NOT mandatory. When you move onto a rolling contract after the fixed term AST comes to an end, it does NOT mean that you do not have an AST. Your terms of the tenancy agreement you had (which expired) remain in place even if you do not physically renew the AST agreement. This is very well known.

There are many OTHER documents you can use to prove 5 years cohabitation form 3 to 6 difference sources.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:39 pm

bling-uk wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:27 am

Hi Seagul,
I am being told that as I am on a Rolling Tenancy Agreement ( 1 month).
Get that in writing which will meet the purpose. Just as a piece of information without going into deep discussion, for a statutory periodic contract an AST must have been in placed physically with a definite end date and beyond which it disguises into statutory periodic and most likely you were included in AST or was a permitted occupier. In few instances the AST even transforms into contractual periodic especially where if there was no end date mentioned due to deliberately or ill prepared AST but all that you shouldn't worried about.
Just attach the letter mentioned as above.

bling-uk

Post by bling-uk » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:07 am

Thank you all for replying