ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Varying Tier 2 extension application to ILR LR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Galaa

Submitting ILR application via super priority service before Tier-2 dependants apply.

Post by Galaa » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:50 pm

Hi All,

I came to the UK on the 30th of September and my wife and son came on the 5th of November in 2010. In this week I am planning to submit my application for ILR Set(LR) via super priority service. So I have following three questions:

1. If I get my ILR before my wife and son submit their ILR application, would it cause problem as they are currently my tier-2 dependants? We are planning to submit their application around 10th of October.
2. If we do not have a gap do we need lawyer?
3. What should I mention in my cover letter or do I really need cover letter?

Thanks in advance.

Galaa

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Submitting ILR application via super priority service before Tier-2 dependants apply.

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:51 pm

Super priority is suspended for now.

Since you are going for ILR(LR), your dependent’s can NOT apply for ILR via the PBS route.

They will have to switch to FLR(M) and ILR clock will reset to zero. They can only apply ILR after 5 years. You will have to meet income/accommodation and all visa specific requirements for them.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Submitting ILR application via super priority service before Tier-2 dependants apply.

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:02 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:51 pm
Super priority is suspended for now.

Since you are going for ILR(LR), your dependent’s can NOT apply for ILR via the PBS route.

They will have to switch to FLR(M) and ILR clock will reset to zero. They can only apply ILR after 5 years. You will have to meet income/accommodation and all visa specific requirements for them.
Think OP is referring to them applying for ilr based on long residence.
my wife and son came on the 5th of November in 2010
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:04 pm

I was just about to point out the same. Thanks for clarifying CR001.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:04 pm

1. If I get my ILR before my wife and son submit their ILR application, would it cause problem as they are currently my tier-2 dependants? We are planning to submit their application around 10th of October.
Non-issue.
2. If we do not have a gap do we need lawyer?
You don't need a lawyer.
3. What should I mention in my cover letter or do I really need cover letter?
You don't need one.

There is NO concept of dependent for ilr based on long residnece. Each person applying must meet all the requirements on their own, including the strict absence limits.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Galaa

Post by Galaa » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:14 pm

Thanks a lot CULLINAN and CR001 for such a quick reply!

Oh gosh, my understanding was super priority service resumed. So is there any way to get faster decision right now?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:22 pm

So is there any way to get faster decision right now?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Galaa

Post by Galaa » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:32 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:22 pm
No.
I see, so I have to submit standard online application. But I believe that later on if the super priority service resumes I can upgrade my application, am I right?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:35 pm

Galaa wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:32 pm
CR001 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:22 pm
No.
I see, so I have to submit standard online application. But I believe that later on if the super priority service resumes I can upgrade my application, am I right?
No

Galaa

Re-using biometric enrollement for ILR Set(LR)

Post by Galaa » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:01 pm

Hi All,

For my recent tier-2 application I re-used my previous biometric enrollment, still waiting decision. Today, I am submitted my application for ILR Set(LR) and have two questions:
1. The biometric enrollement is not avialable 21 of Sep, am I right?
2. Can I agian re-use my previous one as I did for my last tier-2 application? Is there any difference in enrollment for tier-2 and ILR? if not is it worth to ask it via cover letter?

Thanks in advance.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Re-using biometric enrollement for ILR Set(LR)

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:09 pm

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Re-using biometric enrollement for ILR Set(LR)

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:11 pm

1) Correct only after 21st Sep you will be able to book.

2) If you switch to LR, you will have to provide your biometrics again.

Galaa

Uploading current and all old passports for ILR Set(LR)

Post by Galaa » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:55 pm

Hi All,

When we upload all current and old passports do we need to scan each page of all passports to prove how much time spend outside UK?

Thanks in advance

Galaa

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: Uploading current and all old passports for ILR Set(LR)

Post by ajitu92 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:28 pm

Yup, that's the best pratice. Just scan the whole passport(s) to be on the safe side.
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:59 pm

Topics merged!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Galaa

Post by Galaa » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:17 am

Hi All,

Here is my case and I wonder I can do same or not.

1. Submitted Tier-2 visa application: Main+2 dependents on 11/May/2020.
2. Our current Tier-2 visa expired on 14/June/2020.
2. Main applicant came to UK on 30/Sep/2010 and both dependents on 10/Nov/2010.
3. Invitation to use IDV app for Tier-2 visa application received 04/Sep/2020 and soon after we uploaded documents and enrolled Biometrics via the IDV app.
4. Main applicant submitted ILR Set(LR) application on 16/Sep/2020.
5. Invitation to use IDV app for ILR Set(LR) application received 16/Sep/2020 and soon after enrolled.

We have not received HO decision yet for our Tier-2 visa application and my dependents not yet submitted ILR applications since they are eglible from 13/Oct/2020.

What is the best way to proceed? Should I submit my dependents ILR and vary our pending Tier-2 to ILR?

Thanks in advance

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:29 am

Yes. If the main applicant has varied a pending in-time valid Tier 2 extension to ILR under Long residence, then the Tier 2 dependants are no longer eligible to extend as Tier 2 dependants. If dependants also satisfy the Long residence requirements (on the date of the decision), then they may also vary their pending in-time valid applications to ILR under Long residence.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:27 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:59 pm
Topics merged!!!
@Galaa please do not tag your questions onto other members topics. Lost split and merged with your own existing topic!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Galaa

Post by Galaa » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:43 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:27 am
CR001 wrote:
Topics merged!!!
@Galaa please do not tag your questions onto other members topics. Lost split and merged with your own existing topic!!
@CR001

Dear CR001

Thanks a lot for correcting my mistakes!

So, you mean when ever I have a question I should create new post/topic?

Apologise!!!

Galaa

Re: Varying Tier 2 extension application to ILR LR

Post by Galaa » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:21 pm

vinny wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:29 am
Yes. If the main applicant has varied a pending in-time valid Tier 2 extension to ILR under Long residence, then the Tier 2 dependants are no longer eligible to extend as Tier 2 dependants. If dependants also satisfy the Long residence requirements (on the date of the decision), then they may also vary their pending in-time valid applications to ILR under Long residence.
Thanks for the such a quick respond!!!

So, I understood from your reply that I should wait until my dependents become eligible to apply for ILR. I am planning to submit my dependents ILR Set(LR) applications on 13/Sep (I think, we can not submit earlier than this date, do we?). If we do not receive our Tier-2 application outcome by 13/Sep then we (three of us) may able to vary the pending Tier-2 visa application to ILR Set(LR), am I right?

In order to vary pending application to ILR what should we do? HO office will automatically vary our application? Is this possible that the caseworker/HO aware of our situation so intentionally delaying the decision for our Tier-2 visa application?

Thanks in advance!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:28 pm

Galaa wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:43 am
CR001 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:27 am
CR001 wrote:
Topics merged!!!
@CR001

Dear CR001

Thanks a lot for correcting my mistakes!

So, you mean when ever I have a question I should create new post/topic?

Apologise!!!
No, ask all your questions on the same application in one topic, this one.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:15 pm

Galaa wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:21 pm

In order to vary pending application to ILR what should we do? HO office will automatically vary our application? Is this possible that the caseworker/HO aware of our situation so intentionally delaying the decision for our Tier-2 visa application?

Thanks in advance!
Even the caseworker can see as what actually is implied from your action but still won't vary by himself/herself rather the onus is only on you who need to execute it correctly. For this purpose, you will have to apply as normal by adding a covering letter requesting to vary your existing application with new.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Galaa

Post by Galaa » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:59 pm

Thanks for your reply. Now, I see how to proceed.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:31 pm

Galaa wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:59 pm
Once you start a new application, the online form asks if you have a pending application. You will declare it there anyways. Adding a cover letter is also a good practice.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:39 pm

Galaa wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:59 pm
You can also study about it from the official guidance:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-ext.pdf
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.