ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Right to work

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

luobodudu
Newly Registered
China

Right to work

Post by luobodudu » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:36 am

Hi everyone,

I am holding T2 general visa. I have applied my ILR in July based on LR. I have not got the decision yet. But my current contract with my employer will be finished by this month. I need to start a new job. Can I start a new job during the waiting time?

I have contact HO, someone said I can give the application reference number to my new employer. They can have a right to work. I looked some forums, I cannot work for other companies during the waiting time. Has anyone knew this one?

Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Right to work

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:52 am

Can I start a new job during the waiting time?
No you can't. You cannot work for any other employer while you have a pending application. While waiting for a decision from UKVI, your existing tier 2 visa conditions continue and remain in place. You can only work for your tier 2 sponsor. If your contract is ending, you will have to wait till you are granted ILR before you can do any form of work, paid or unpaid.
I have contact HO, someone said I can give the application reference number to my new employer. They can have a right to work. I looked some forums, I cannot work for other companies during the waiting time. Has anyone knew this one?
Your existing tier 2 visa conditions remain in place. You cannot work for any other employer, regardless of the right to work website.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:54 pm

luobodudu wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:36 am
Hi everyone,

I am holding T2 general visa. I have applied my ILR in July based on LR. I have not got the decision yet. But my current contract with my employer will be finished by this month. I need to start a new job. Can I start a new job during the waiting time?

Many thanks.
Also, ILR under Tier 2 is based on continuous employment with your sponsor for the foreseeable future. If your employment ends, your ILR can be refused
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:16 pm

Zimba wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:54 pm
luobodudu wrote:
Hi everyone,

Many thanks.
Also, ILR is based on continuous employment with your sponsor for the foreseeable future. If your employment ends, your ILR can be refused
Zimba, I believe OP has applied through Set LR, which means current employment continuity shouldn't be an issue, but of course OP cannot work for anyone else until ILR (LR) is granted as CR001 said.
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:27 pm

There is nothing in the question above to suggest he applied under the long residence. If that is the case, then you are correct
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:43 pm

luobodudu wrote:
based on LR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:16 pm

vinny wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:43 pm
luobodudu wrote:
based on LR.
douh :lol:

alex132
- thin ice -

Post by alex132 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:49 pm

Cant we work because of covid special case from HO

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:52 pm

alex132 wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:49 pm
Cant we work because of covid special case from HO
Do not post a random query on random a thread :? Stick to your own posts