ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application Declare/Not Declare £80 penalty for late taxing of Vehicle

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kundan-Yadav

ILR application Declare/Not Declare £80 penalty for late taxing of Vehicle

Post by Kundan-Yadav » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:09 pm

Hi,

Hope someone can help here. thanks.

My friend received a letter from Advantis credit ltd on behalf of DVLA. Asking to pay a penalty of £80.00 for failing to tax his vehicle on time. Because this vehicle is in £0.00 tax category (No tax needs to be paid) he forgot to tax it in time this year for a few weeks. Anyway, He has paid an £80.00 penalty fine.
He's now worried whether It'll impact his ILR application he's applying soon and whether he needs to declare it in the ILR application.
Personally, I'm not sure if it qualifies as a driving offence or under any other categories listed in the application.
Any insights, experiences and thoughts are welcome.

Kind Regards,
KD

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR application Declare/Not Declare £80 penalty for late taxing of Vehicle

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:18 pm

Need more information if it was a LLP or an OCS. I am assuming a LLP was issued and your friend ignored it. It was then passed onto a debt collection agency.

How was it identified? Through DVLA vehicle register? or “on road”?

Was the car declared “sorn”?
Was he using the car?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Kundan-Yadav

Post by Kundan-Yadav » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:32 pm

Hi,
Not sure what LLP or OCS is.. I'll check.
This was the first communication of any sort he received in this matter. No direct letter from DVLA.
No, his vehicle didn't have SORN and he wasn't caught driving it on the road.

Kind Regards,
KD

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:43 pm

He must have received a letter from DVLA. It is only passed on to debt collection agency if not paid on time.

Late Licensing Penalty - LLP
Out of Court Settlement Letter - OCS

This must be a LLP, because only LLP leads to a debt when not paid on time. OCS can lead to a criminal conviction if goes to court.

If it is a LLP (looks like it) and paid, it will have no affect on ILR application and no need to declare.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Kundan-Yadav

Post by Kundan-Yadav » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:20 am

Hi,
Thanks for the support. I'll advise him.
Kind Regards,
KD