ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Check List

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sami1975
Mood:

Dependant ILR Questions

Post by sami1975 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:40 pm

I am filling up my wife ILR application as dependant. A short history of her prior applications/Visas is as under:
1. Tier 1 Entrepreneur Dependant Visa issued on 23/11/2015
2. Tier 1 Entrepreneur Dependant Extension granted on 29th May 2018 expired on 29th May 2020.
3. Dependant Extension granted on 11th October 2020 for next 3 years.

Arrival in UK 20th February 2016

My wife qualifying period starts last month so we are applying.

Please guide the answer of this question from the ILR application

‘‘Does the period of stay on which this application was based include any leave granted since 11 January 2018?’’

Many thanks advance as I might bother moderators time to time.
Sami

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Dependant ILR Questions

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:43 pm

She only has absence limits for any leave after 11th Jan 2018.
Answer: Yes.

You will only list any absences from UK after 29th May 2018 in this case.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

sami1975
Mood:

Post by sami1975 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:45 pm

Great Cullinan,

Thank you for quick reply

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:46 pm

sami1975 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:45 pm
Great Cullinan,

Thank you for quick reply
It is too late now but you could have varied her extension application to ILR in October and submitted biometrics after she actually qualified for ILR but anyways😔
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

sami1975
Mood:

Post by sami1975 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:02 am

Dear Cullinan

Yes, you are right but cant mention the email here from them which they clearly said if you don't book appointment for this until 2nd October, application will be considered as withdrawn.

We booked biomatrices on 2nd October last day of the deadline and were expecting that they will take at least 3 weeks to make decision and we could vary application on 26th October but they granted application on Sunday 11th October 7am.

My wife & 3 children got decision and now you can imagine that I have to arrange another £10,000 for their ILR while already paid almost £10,000 in May 2020.

Anyways now decided to go for wife ILR then will see later for children's.

So this quote best fits to us:

You can't control everything, sometimes you just need to relax and faith that things will work out. Let go a little and let life happen

We faith in Allah and he knows better what would happen.

Anyways thank you for your great help

Kind Regards
Sami

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:51 am

You had to attend the biometrics for extension to make your extension application valid, but you could have varied it to ILR successfully and easily if properly handled. Hope you had come to this forum earlier but as I said it is too late now hence I was sad to see a huge money unnecessarily lost. But “everything happens for a good reason.”

Good luck.

sami1975
Mood:

Post by sami1975 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:59 pm

Yes Cullinan. You are right, everything happens for a good reason.

May be its a silly question but just want to check if I get my passport and wife gets her ILR or even passport incoming months, is there any chance we can go directly for our children's naturalization without applying ILR as they born out of UK.

Kind Regards
Sami

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:13 pm

sami1975 wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:59 pm
Yes Cullinan. You are right, everything happens for a good reason.

May be its a silly question but just want to check if I get my passport and wife gets her ILR or even passport incoming months, is there any chance we can go directly for our children's naturalization without applying ILR as they born out of UK.

Kind Regards
Sami
Children born outside UK will need to get ILR first before they can naturalise in your case.

sami1975
Mood:

Post by sami1975 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:44 pm

thank you Cullinan

sami1975
Mood:

Post by sami1975 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:49 pm

Hi Cullinan & Other Moderators

What is the meaning of these only 2 questions in Finances option please:

Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?

Yes No

Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?

Yes No

We put No in both questions directed to Documents area of the application

Am I filling correct form Set(O?

Please guide

Kind Regards
Sami

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:05 pm

These questions are standard in SET(O) also. These are not finance questions. Just a declaration. You will need to sign a family consent form (generated later on) accordingly.
Answer the question in each applicant’s perspective individually. For example, your wife needs to show cohabitation documents for the last 2 years. So that might include joint bank statements or utility bills etc.

Just so you have an idea see:
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... onsent.pdf

sami1975
Mood:

Post by sami1975 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:34 pm

Thank you Cullinan

sami1975
Mood:

ILR Check List

Post by sami1975 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:02 am

Dear All Moderators
I have just filled my wife’s ILR application of Set(O) on Priority Service
They asked the following documents only:

Evidence
You should use your supporting documents checklist as a guide to what documents you need to self-upload or take to your appointment. You will be able to upload copies of your documents on our commercial partner's website, or you can take your documents to your biometrics appointment to be scanned and uploaded by our commercial partner for a fee. You do not need to send any physical documents to the Home Office or UK Visas & Immigration unless you are advised to do so. You have agreed to include the following documents in your application. Tick the box beside each document to confirm that you are providing it.

1. Mandatory documents

The passport issued by Pakistan for Mrs XYZ

2. Other documents

(a). the language test certificate for Mrs XYZ to prove the level of English language required (English Test Certificate)

(b). Evidence of XYZ immigration status in the UK (biometric card)

(c). Declaration signed by Mr XYZ to confirm consent for the Home Office to request verification checks (husband signed declaration)

(d). Current Biometric Residence Permit for Mrs XYZ (biometric card)

(e). All previous passports, travel documents or national identity cards that you have used to travel to or remain in the UK (Full passports)

They did not ask any type of other documents like marriage certificate or cohabitation documents. Please advise if we need to add any other documents OR only above documents are ok. Also, please keep in mind that she received 3 years dependant’s extension in October 2020 with 3 children’s but I am just applying her ilr only at this time.

Please advise above
Many Thanks
Sami

sami1975
Mood:

Re: ILR Check List

Post by sami1975 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:57 am

Hi Cullinan

Thank you for merging my post which I was lost every time when have questions.

Could you please respond the questions below.

Sami

sami1975
Mood:

Post by sami1975 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:54 pm

Dear All

By the grace of Almighty Allah, my wife got ILR yesterday on priority service.

Applied as Tier 1 Dependant/Joiner ILR on 15th February on Priority Service.

Biometric given on Sunday 21st October Croydon

ILR Successful email received on 22nd February.

Just to highlight that I uploaded only the required documents and some of the supporting documents even we did not have many on joint names but uploaded without any sequence of time. May be the case was strong enough because extension as a dependant was given in October 2020.

Good luck to every one and thank you to all moderators for the great help every time.

Sami

sami1975
Mood:

Post by sami1975 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:00 pm

Sorry Just for Clarification

Biometrics given 21st February 2021

regards
Sami

Mohamedamaher
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

Post by Mohamedamaher » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:28 pm

Dear Sami,
Congrats for you and your family
Can you please share the final list of documents that you used for your wife and kids?
Thanks
Mohamed