ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application dates to select

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR application dates to select

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:08 pm

I suggest you focus on the immigration rules and not the guidance. The rules trump the guidance. Also unreasonable to expect members to read the document you linked fully to understand exactly what you are referring to specifically.

There is NO employment gap rule or issue for ilr. You are overthinking and being paranoid.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:50 pm

Also that guidance is not about unemployment it’s about continuous lawful residence.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Morobek
South Africa

Post by Morobek » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:38 pm

Ah thanks, I suppose the confusion was the section that said “ which a migrant must spend in employment or being active in the UK economy before being eligible to qualify for ILR” it makes it sound like guidance for people need to be employed for the full period before being eligible. But what was said about rules trumping guidance makes sense