ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (LR) Query - Incorrect form filled

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chandurl
India

ILR route based on 10 Year residence – Tier -2 ICT

Post by chandurl » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:46 pm

I am planning to apply for ILR using SET(LR) form based on my visa details given below. I would appreciate if I can get confirmation on my eligibility for ILR and the documents/ information required to be submitted. If Yes, when is the earliest that I can apply?

I was accompanied by my wife and son and they have been with me throughout the duration in UK under PBS dependent category

Visa Details:

First visa stamped Sep-2010 however came to UK in Nov-2010 under Tier-2 ICT Established Staff. Post that I have extended visa 4 times under Tier 2 (ICT) -Long Term Leave to Remain with current visa expiring in Oct-2021.

We have not been outside of UK at any time more than 180 days and not exceeded 540 days over all.

Tests/ Documents required:

1. Pass the Life in UK test (only for self & wife)

2. Proof to have sufficient English skills (only for self & wife). I understand there are 2 options:

· NARIC – They will need letter from India University that degree was taught in English.

o Given the current situation not sure if this is possible since many places are not open?

o Is there any list of Universities/ Degrees that already approved under NARIC hence no need to provide English letter from University?

o Also do we need to original letter indicating English language from the university to be provided to NARIC? This could again be logistic issue for getting letter from India to UK

o Do we need to provide degree certificate along with the mark sheets for all years?

· Passing English test

o Which test needs to be taken and preparation required?

o Is there any negative if we use this instead of getting our degrees converted through NARIC?

o Considering the current challenges, would it be easier to take this test instead of going through NARIC route?

3. Bank statements/Salary Slip/P60 –

o Last 3 months – I get electronic bank statements; do we need to get it stamped from the bank on the print out or any other requirement?

o Do we need to give Salary Slips/ P60?

4. Letter from employer stating that I am still required to be in UK (any specific format?)

5. International Travel details for last 10 years

6. Is it better to apply for full family together or I should apply first and then for them later?

7. Address Proof (Council Tax Bill/ Electricity Bill)

8. Original Passport’s (Old + Current)

9. Original BRP’s

10. Child Birth Certificate

Any other documents?

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR route based on 10 Year residence – Tier -2 ICT

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:58 pm

First visa stamped Sep-2010 however came to UK in Nov-2010 under Tier-2 ICT Established Staff. Post that I have extended visa 4 times under Tier 2 (ICT) -Long Term Leave to Remain with current visa expiring in Oct-2021.
Each of you have to apply and meet the rules individually. There is no dependent aspect for a set LR application.
Correct, assuming your child is under 18.
2. Proof to have sufficient English skills (only for self & wife). I understand there are 2 options:

· NARIC – They will need letter from India University that degree was taught in English.

o Given the current situation not sure if this is possible since many places are not open?

o Is there any list of Universities/ Degrees that already approved under NARIC hence no need to provide English letter from University?

o Also do we need to original letter indicating English language from the university to be provided to NARIC? This could again be logistic issue for getting letter from India to UK

o Do we need to provide degree certificate along with the mark sheets for all years?
You need English and comparable assessment from naric if using a foreign degree. You need to contact them for advice. For ilr evidence, you need both assessments and your degree cert.
· Passing English test

o Is there any negative if we use this instead of getting our degrees converted through NARIC?

o Considering the current challenges, would it be easier to take this test instead of going through NARIC route?
IELTS sept level B1 English test. Makes no difference which English option you choose. Both options cost the same.

o Last 3 months – I get electronic bank statements; do we need to get it stamped from the bank on the print out or any other requirement?

This is NOT required.
4. Letter from employer stating that I am still required to be in UK (any specific format?)
This is NOT required. You are NOT applying for ilr based on tier 2.
Correct.
6. Is it better to apply for full family together or I should apply first and then for them later?
It makes NO difference as they cannot apply as dependents on your set LR form. They just EACH meet the requirements themselves and complete their own separate forms.
This is NOT required.

9. Original BRP’s

Fine.
Any other documents?
Why are you planning to submit a whole bunch of completely irrelevant and unnecessary documents??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

chandurl
India

Re: ILR route based on 10 Year residence – Tier -2 ICT

Post by chandurl » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:56 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:58 pm
Each of you have to apply and meet the rules individually. There is no dependent aspect for a set LR application.
<Thanks! Do they also need to apply using the same form i.e. SET (LR)? If I apply earlier, will their current dependent visa get invalidated since they are dependent on my current Tier 2 ICT visa?>
Correct, assuming your child is under 18.
Yes, that is correct

You need English and comparable assessment from naric if using a foreign degree. You need to contact them for advice. For ilr evidence, you need both assessments and your degree cert.
· Passing English test

IELTS sept level B1 English test. Makes no difference which English option you choose. Both options cost the same.

Thanks! I see there are various agencies providing the B1 tests and they have variation in duration/ format. As long as they are in the approved list from Home Office, hope that is fine

This is NOT required.
This is NOT required. You are NOT applying for ilr based on tier 2.
Correct.
It makes NO difference as they cannot apply as dependents on your set LR form. They just EACH meet the requirements themselves and complete their own separate forms.
This is NOT required.

9. Original BRP’s

Fine.
Any other documents?
Why are you planning to submit a whole bunch of completely irrelevant and unnecessary documents??
Thanks! I got this reference from other forums/ posts however did not see them mentioned in Home Office requirement hence wanted to confirm.
Can you please confirm if we can apply up 28 days prior to completion of 10 years? i.e. earliest submission of application for ILR

chandurl
India

SET (LR) Queries

Post by chandurl » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:01 pm

Hi All,

I am applying under SET (LR) and have following queries as part of filling online application. Would appreciate the feedback on the same.

1.Ties in home country - Do we need to give names of friends?
2. Do you have any Home Office reference numbers? Do we give earlier Tier 2 visa extension reference, if available?
3. Trip details- Do we need to provide international Trip details which did not involve overnight stay i.e. going in the morning and coming back same day later in the evening? I tried to give same date for leaving and returning however system is not accepting.
4. What level of details needs to be provided for the trips outside UK e.g. Can we just give 'Personal trip', 'Official trip to visit customer'? Do we need to give name of the customer?
5. Do you have any other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK? What needs to be specified?
6. Who does the Child normally live with? Should I select myself, my wife ? There is no option of both. If I select myself, what should i select when my wife is filling the form

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: SET (LR) Queries

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:02 pm

Topics merged!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:44 pm

chandurl wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:01 pm
Hi All,

I am applying under SET (LR) and have following queries as part of filling online application. Would appreciate the feedback on the same.

1.Ties in home country - Do we need to give names of friends? - Answer however you want and truthfully to your situation. Your answer has no bearing on the outcome.
2. Do you have any Home Office reference numbers? Do we give earlier Tier 2 visa extension reference, if available? No need and not mandatory. This is an "if known" question.
3. Trip details- Do we need to provide international Trip details which did not involve overnight stay i.e. going in the morning and coming back same day later in the evening? I tried to give same date for leaving and returning however system is not accepting. No. But you may attach a cover letter including those trips and explaining why they're not in the form, especially if you want to justify the immigration stamps in your passports.
4. What level of details needs to be provided for the trips outside UK e.g. Can we just give 'Personal trip', 'Official trip to visit customer'? Yes...short and succinct answers are perfectly acceptable. I would suggest clearly differentiating business and personal trips, though. Do we need to give name of the customer? No.
5. Do you have any other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK? What needs to be specified? See answer to number 1.
6. Who does the Child normally live with? Should I select myself, my wife ? There is no option of both. If I select myself, what should i select when my wife is filling the form Either one.

Thanks
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

chandurl
India

Post by chandurl » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:05 pm

Thanks a lot for the guidance as always.
Regarding point 3 -Where do we submit the covering letter? Is there a category to submit online or need to submit during biometrics?

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:18 pm

Needs to be uploaded with all the other supporting documents. No provisions for cover letters in the online form itself.
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

chandurl
India

Post by chandurl » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:29 pm

Thanks again!

chandurl
India

Post by chandurl » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:24 pm

I have to apply ILR for my son (14 year) as well under 10 year route. Can you please let me know the following?
1. Should I use the same form that I had used for myself & wife or is there separate form e.g. Set (F)?
2. If we use the same form as I had used for myself & wife.
a. Can i use my e-mail id to fill?
b. If I use that do I mention that e-mail id does not belong to the applicant?
c. In that case, will it again ask for applicant e-mail id for correspondence?

Thanks

chandurl
India

Post by chandurl » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:10 pm

I got the know from other posts that for child also we need to apply SET (LR) as individual application.
Can you please let me know the response on other questions?

chandurl
India

Post by chandurl » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:30 pm

I have started filling the form for my son (14 year old, filling on his behalf) and have few more questions in additions to the above, can you please help?

1. Consent letter - will that be signed by our Son and Parents?
2. Consent for the Home Office to request verification checks for joint accounts or third party support. Are you relying on evidence from someone else to prove your financial circumstances? What should be the response for this?

chandurl
India

SET (LR) Queries -Family

Post by chandurl » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:41 pm

Hi All,

I am applying ILR for my son (14 years) under 10 year route using SET (LR). Can you please provide a response to the following queries?
1. Email Id related:
a. Can i use my e-mail id to registration?
c. In that case, it is asking for applicant e-mail id for correspondence? Can i again give the same e-mail id which I used for registration in point a
2. Consent letter - will that be signed by our Son and parents?
3. Consent for the Home Office to request verification checks for joint accounts or third party support. Are you relying on evidence from someone else to prove your financial circumstances? What should be the response to this question since I am applying on behalf of my son?

One question in SET (LR) application for my wife
1.If you legally changed your name, when did you do this (if applicable)? - She changed name at Marriage, should we give Marriage date? or this question is not for name change during marriage?

zimba
Mood:

Re: SET (LR) Queries -Family

Post by zimba » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:25 pm

chandurl wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:41 pm
Hi All,

I am applying ILR for my son (14 years) under 10 year route using SET (LR). Can you please provide a response to the following queries?
1. Email Id related:
a. Can i use my e-mail id to registration?
c. In that case, it is asking for applicant e-mail id for correspondence? Can i again give the same e-mail id which I used for registration in point a
2. Consent letter - will that be signed by our Son and parents?
3. Consent for the Home Office to request verification checks for joint accounts or third party support. Are you relying on evidence from someone else to prove your financial circumstances? What should be the response to this question since I am applying on behalf of my son?

One question in SET (LR) application for my wife
1.If you legally changed your name, when did you do this (if applicable)? - She changed name at Marriage, should we give Marriage date? or this question is not for name change during marriage?
Can't you use a different Email address ??! Children do NOT sign any forms. You simply sign everything on their behalf.
Legally change here means through deed poll (not simply using the married name)
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

chandurl
India

Post by chandurl » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:01 pm

Thanks for the feedback! Please find my response in line below:
Can't you use a different Email address ??!
I am using my alternate e-mail id which is different from that used for my own application. Hope that is fine?
Children do NOT sign any forms. You simply sign everything on their behalf.
We need to give Consent form signed by parents which confirms relationship to parents, consent for application, living arrangement & responsibility? Is that correct? Is there any specific format to be used? Do we need to give family consent format that is given for our application?
Legally change here means through deed poll (not simply using the married name)
Thanks, will not specify anything here since the name change is only due to marriage

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:45 pm

Your understanding is correct. You are on the right track then. There is no need to give family consent.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

chandurl
India

Post by chandurl » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:39 pm

Thanks for the confirmation! I have one question related to my wife's application:
My wife has started doing online sessions from Apr'20 with income around 300 GBP per month (that is based on the number of people joining). She advertises the work through Facebook however she does not have any registered company in her name. Do we show that she is Self Employed or Unemployed? If we select 'Self Employed', online application asks us to provide Company Name, Annual turnover etc. which we don't have. Can you please suggest?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:53 am

chandurl wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:39 pm
Thanks for the confirmation! I have one question related to my wife's application:
My wife has started doing online sessions from Apr'20 with income around 300 GBP per month (that is based on the number of people joining). She advertises the work through Facebook however she does not have any registered company in her name. Do we show that she is Self Employed or Unemployed? If we select 'Self Employed', online application asks us to provide Company Name, Annual turnover etc. which we don't have. Can you please suggest?
Only select 'self-employment' on the application form if you want to rely on her income which requires her to provide the latest self assesemnt. This is why you will be asked to submit documents. This is not full disclosure

chandurl
India

Post by chandurl » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:30 pm

Thanks ! I am not relying on her income. Can you please confirm in that case, what do we need to mention? (Self Employed or Unemployed)

Can you please clarify what do you mean by 'this is not full disclosure'?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:36 pm

chandurl wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:30 pm
Thanks ! I am not relying on her income. Can you please confirm in that case, what do we need to mention? (Self Employed or Unemployed)

Can you please clarify what do you mean by 'this is not full disclosure'?
It means what you select on the form is not about disclosing your circumstances in general but the employment status you would like to be considered for the visa purposes. If she has no sources of income you would like to rely on, then choose unemployed

chandurl
India

Post by chandurl » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:26 pm

Thanks a lot for the guidance...

chandurl
India

Post by chandurl » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:35 pm

*Advice needed*
I just submitted application form of my Son (age 14) and at the end of the form there is section for declaration, I had by mistake selected 'I am the applicant aged 18 or over'. Looking for suggestions on any way to update the form, put that in covering letter etc. Would really appreciate guidance on this.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:06 pm

chandurl wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:35 pm
*Advice needed*
I just submitted application form of my Son (age 14) and at the end of the form there is section for declaration, I had by mistake selected 'I am the applicant aged 18 or over'. Looking for suggestions on any way to update the form, put that in covering letter etc. Would really appreciate guidance on this.
DO NOT start a new post. You get a response when someone has something to contribute :!:
You do not need to do anything as that is a minor error

chandurl
India

Re: SET (LR) Query - Incorrect form filled

Post by chandurl » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:50 pm

Thanks a lot for assurance and guidance as always