ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR decision for advanced salary payments

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Master999
India

Visa fee usage to another visa tye (ILR)

Post by Master999 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:38 pm

Hi,

I am applying my Tier2 ICT visa extension in Oct and will be eligible to apply ILR (10 year long term) in Apr 2021.

My questions are:
1. In case my visa is yet to be processed by Apr (which is a long time) as given the current situation, can I use the paid visa fee to my ILR. I know it may sound silly but my friend who has applied his visa extension in March hasn't got his visa yet. Hence asking.

2. Also is there any financial documentation to be shown for 10 year ILR?

3. Should I declare that I have bought 2 houses in the UK in my ILR application? Will that matter in any way?

Thanks in advance

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Visa fee usage to another visa tye (ILR)

Post by seagul » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:48 pm

Master999 wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:38 pm
Hi,

I am applying my Tier2 ICT visa extension in Oct and will be eligible to apply ILR (10 year long term) in Apr 2021.

My questions are:
1. In case my visa is yet to be processed by Apr (which is a long time) as given the current situation, can I use the paid visa fee to my ILR. I know it may sound silly but my friend who has applied his visa extension in March hasn't got his visa yet. Hence asking.

2. Also is there any financial documentation to be shown for 10 year ILR?

3. Should I declare that I have bought 2 houses in the UK in my ILR application? Will that matter in any way?

Thanks in advance
1. Not possible for which he should have cancelled his application at the very outset and donated these retrieved funds to you.

2. NO

3. NO unless being asked and the same wont sway any outcome. Hopefully you must have been registered with the tax authorities if are deriving any rental income.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Master999
India

Post by Master999 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:08 pm

Thanks Seagul for quick response.

1. From what I understand from your response is that it is not possible to use the paid fee of one visa category to use to ILR even if the visa is not processed.

2. May I know what should I do at that point of time while my visa is still under process of renewal and I am eligible for ILR and wanted to apply.

3. Also can I use the NHS surcharge at least in the above mentioned scenario

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:14 pm

Master999 wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:08 pm
Thanks Seagul for quick response.

1. From what I understand from your response is that it is not possible to use the paid fee of one visa category to use to ILR even if the visa is not processed.

2. May I know what should I do at that point of time while my visa is still under process of renewal and I am eligible for ILR and wanted to apply.

3. Also can I use the NHS surcharge at least in the above mentioned scenario
Vary your application to ILR. How: You apply for ILR as normal and pay the ILR application fees. You simply add a letter that you want to vary the previous application.
Also: ILR has no IHS requirement. Both IHS and previously paid fees should be refunded later to you.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Master999
India

Post by Master999 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:17 pm

Thanks Zumba,

So it is possible that my visa fee is refunded in case it is not processed by the time I apply for my ILR.

May I know why is Seagul different in his opinion.
Can I know any section of the document which gives us more clarity, thanks in advance.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:18 pm

Master999 wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:17 pm
Thanks Zumba,

So it is possible that my visa fee is refunded in case it is not processed by the time I apply for my ILR.

May I know why is Seagul different in his opinion.
Can I know any section of the document which gives us more clarity, thanks in advance.
If you vary before a decision is made, yes.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Master999
India

Post by Master999 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:21 pm

Also Zumba,

Does vary application means that I don't want it to be processed.
Does that sit well with them as we are trying to get the refund from a visa which we applied for?

I mean they can clearly see that I have used the time and now also request a refund. Is that ok?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:22 pm

Master999 wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:21 pm
Also Zumba,

Does vary application means that I don't want it to be processed.
Does that sit well with them as we are trying to get the refund from a visa which we applied for?

I mean they can clearly see that I have used the time and now also request a refund. Is that ok?
Variation is a normal and common procedure. You are allowed under the immigration act to vary the conditions of a pending application

Master999
India

Post by Master999 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:23 pm

Thanks Zumba for a very quick response.

Master999
India

Post by Master999 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:27 pm

Hi Zumba,

1 more question, sorry

As you have suggested I will vary the visa application before the decision and apply for my ILR,

1. My employer is paying for my Tier2 ICT visa extension where as I will have to pay for my ILR.
So is there any chance or process to use the same fee to ILR or refund is the only way.

If refund is the only way then it would be the employer who would get the refund. Is there any way I can get this sorted.

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:30 pm

1. My employer is paying for my Tier2 ICT visa extension where as I will have to pay for my ILR.
So is there any chance or process to use the same fee to ILR
NO there is not. You have to pay ILR fees to be able to complete the online form.
If refund is the only way then it would be the employer who would get the refund. Is there any way I can get this sorted.
What exactly is there to get 'sorted'? UKVI refund the person who paid for an application. You cannot get the refund if your employer paid for it. If you want to apply for ILR, you will have to foot that bill yourself then.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:14 pm

:lol:
Master999 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:27 pm
Hi Zumba,

1 more question, sorry

As you have suggested I will vary the visa application before the decision and apply for my ILR,

So is there any chance or process to use the same fee to ILR or refund is the only way.

If refund is the only way then it would be the employer who would get the refund. Is there any way I can get this sorted. :lol:

Thanks in advance.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:49 pm

Master999 wrote:
Hi Zumba,

1 more question, sorry

Thanks in advance.
It seems you are hoping to use your employer's cash paid for your Tier 2 visa for your own benefit and looking to redirect it towards your ILR. Sadly for you, it is not possible

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:33 pm

Master999 wrote:
Hi Zumba,

1 more question, sorry

Thanks in advance.
Why not by remaining forthright, speak & concur with the employer over splitting the fee proportionately.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Master999
India

Post by Master999 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:33 pm

Absolutely right, nothing to hide. I want to confirm and talk to the employer in any case. Thanks for the advice, cheers

Master999
India

ILR decision for advanced salary payments

Post by Master999 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:07 am

Hi,

I have taken a salary advance and so the salary will be deducted for the payments which I have to repay. This will run for a couple of months before I apply for my ILR.

WIll this effect on the decision as the salary will be shown less when compared to the previous pay slips.

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR decision for advanced salary payments

Post by zimba » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:14 pm

This can be explained in the employer letter by your sponsor