ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Long Residence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Langsky
Newly Registered

ILR Long Residence

Post by Langsky » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:56 am

Hello,

Can I still apply for ILR using long residence with some time spent under EEA rules or is that closed now? I came here in August 2010, so I would have been able to apply 28 days before the same date in August 2020.

Not sure if it closed on December 31st 2020, or if I can still apply until June 30 2021

I will be relying on 3 years spent married to an EEA national exercising treaty rights.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Long Residence

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:02 pm

All routes count for long residence. You will need to submit evidence of the EU spouse exercising treaty rights for the whole period you are claiming as legal stay under the EU rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Langsky
Newly Registered

Post by Langsky » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:26 pm

Thank you so much for such a prompt response.

I have already applied for EU settlement scheme and waiting for a response m, but I want to withdraw it and apply for ILR using long residence since I already qualify for that.

Do I need to do that or can I still apply for long residence ILR even after I get EU presettlement visa. I will only get presettled because I’ve only been married for 4.5 years. Will be 5 years in September.

My husband has withdrawn all my money from my personal account and disappeared, leaving me with mortgage and bills.

I’m scared that even if I get presettled, I may not be able to get settled after that because he has refused to apply for EUSS, unless I sign over the majority of our business to him. He says he’s not going to sign any divorce papers which means I cannot divorce and retain rights as soon as possible, and with the business, our divorce may take years.

Please help me. I need to know the best option. I’ve been on this journey for going to 11 years. I cannot afford to lose everything now.

Langsky
Newly Registered

Post by Langsky » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:40 pm

Also, is there a deadline for 30 June to use EEA specifically for long residence, since the route has closed? Or as long as I reached 10years before December 31st, I can apply?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:54 pm

Long residence requires proof of EU partner exercising treaty rights. EU settlement scheme allows you to stay and settle under 'retained right of residence'

https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/retain ... -residence
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Langsky
Newly Registered

Post by Langsky » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:01 pm

Thanks for responding.

I’m aware of that. We own a company together so it’s easy to get documents needed to prove he was exercising treaty rights.

I just need some clarification on whether I can still apply via long residence now, and if there is a deadline for long residence application while relying on EEA rules since the UK no longer a member of the EU.

I’m only asking because I heard EEA route applications have closed.

It’s a lot of money so I want to be sure before applying.

Thanks.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:02 pm

Langsky wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:40 pm
Also, is there a deadline for 30 June to use EEA specifically for long residence, since the route has closed? Or as long as I reached 10years before December 31st, I can apply?
You are making up deadlines that do not exist.

31st December 2020 was the deadline for EU nationals to move to the UK to qualify for the EU Settlement Scheme.
31st December 2020 was also the deadline for Non-EU nationals to start forming a relationship with the sponsoring EU national and qualify for the EU Settlement Scheme.
30th June is the deadline for EU nationals and their family members to apply for the Settlement Scheme.

You moved to the UK, and formed a relationship with the relevant EU national before the corresponding deadlines. But most importantly, you are NOT applying for the EU Settlement Scheme. So why bring up the deadlines above?

You are applying for ILR. There is no deadline for that.

What is important for your case is that throughout the 10+ years you have lived in the UK you have done so legally (and this means your EU sponsor exercised treaty rights when you resided as their non-EU family member). That is all that matters.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Langsky
Newly Registered

Post by Langsky » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:05 pm

Thanks so much. That’s all I wanted to know.

Was really confused with all the deadlines.

Have a great weekend.