ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of home address following online ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mw87
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Set (O) Tier 2 - Skilled Worker Queries

Post by mw87 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:56 pm

Hi there, apologies if these questions are covered elsewhere on the forum, I'd thoroughly appreciate some advice if not:

1. Some forums appear to refer to a physical copy of the form for Set (O) application, and they go as far as specifying correct ink colour (black). Does a physical copy of the form need to be produced if applying using the online form on the UKVI website?

2. I am using the document checklist on the said online form (above), which gives me the following documents as per below. Do I need to provide any further evidence which may not be listed on this checklist, or can I use this more or less as a comprehensive guide for the supporting documents (provided UKVI / Home Office do not request further documents upon my application?

- passport (current)
- letter/s from employer detailing reasons for work-related absences, incl. annual leave
- other evidence of reasons for absences from UK (Passport documenting visas & stamps, Passenger History from Home Office as part of Subject Access Request. Spreadsheet table outlining all absences.)
- declaration confirming consent for Home Office to request verification checks (printed + signed)
- all previous passports used to travel/remain in UK
- current Biometric Residence Permit
- evidence of immigration status (photocopy of visa page in passport + BRP)
- most recent payslip and bank statement
- letter from sponsor who issued COS stating still required for employment,SOC code, current salary, confirmation at/above appropriate rate for job

3. I have not been asked to provide any evidence of continuous accommodation in the way of tenancy agreements/contracts, letters from landlords, etc. Is it likely this is then not needed?

4. I have not been asked to provide any HMRC information such as P60s/P45s, etc Is it likely this is then not needed?

5. under the question in the form, 'when did you first enter the UK?' is this the date that I entered the UK under my Tier 2 sponsorship, or the date when I first entered on a Tier 5 migrant visa originally?

6. I have heard (perhaps incorrectly) that for the date you submit the application, you must have actually been within the UK, exactly 5 years prior? i.e. my visa expires 16th May 2021, 28 days earlier is 18th April 2021, however I did not enter into the UK on my Tier 2 until 27th April 2016, does this mean I must wait until 27th April 2021 to apply, or can I still apply on 18th April 2021? - hope this question is clear,

Appreciate any and all support/answers,
Many thanks,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Set (O) Tier 2 - Skilled Worker Queries

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:12 pm

1. Online only and no need to send a physical form.

2. Fine.

3. No such requirement.

4. Not required.

5. Tier 2.

6. You heard incorrectly. No such requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mw87
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Re: Set (O) Tier 2 - Skilled Worker Queries

Post by mw87 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:25 pm

many thanks for the response!

mw87
Newly Registered
New Zealand

SOC Code change

Post by mw87 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:39 am

Hi There,

When my Tier 2 (General) visa was submitted and approved back in 2016, I applied under one SOC code. It now appears when reviewing the SOC codes for my ILR application, that my Title actually more closely aligns with a different SOC code. Now that I am applying for ILR under Tier 2/Skilled Worker - and my sponsor is preparing the supporting letter for my employment status, is it more important that I stick to the original SOC code, or should I change it to that which is more suitable? To clarify, both SOC codes existed when I applied in 2016 and now in 2021, so in a way it would be admitting fault in the original Tier 2 application.

thoroughly appreciate any assistance,
Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: SOC Code change

Post by zimba » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:37 pm

Change of occupation code requires a new visa application
A person must make a change of employment application if they:
• remain with the same employer and either:
o change their core duties which means their new job is in a different
occupation code to the one stated on their original certificate of sponsorship

o change their core duties which means they change jobs from one currently
included in Appendix Shortage Occupation List to one which is not included
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-ext.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

mw87
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Change of home address following online ILR application

Post by mw87 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:01 pm

Hi there,

I am about to submit my ILR application online in the next couple of days. Can you please clarify for me, is it a simple enough process to change my residential address while I am awaiting a decision on my application? Will this cause any headaches for me - if I am no longer residing at the address on my application while they are processing this, or is it as simple enough as informing UKVI of a change of address circumstances after submitting? Appreciate the help,

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: Change of home address following online ILR application

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:21 am

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice