ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set (M) or SET (O)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

usovats
Newly Registered
Russia

Absences, spouse of British citizen

Post by usovats » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:32 pm

Hello all, I will be eligible to apply for ILR as the spouse of a British Citizen within the next 3 months. However, during the last 5 years, I was away from the UK for a continuous period of 320 days when my husband was posted abroad. We were in USA during this time together and we have proof of cohabitation. The total number of days absent from the U.K. over the past 5 years is 480 days. Will I be eligible to apply?

Moderator edit: The Board Ts&Cs don't permit recommendations to be posted on the forum.

Thank you!

Casa

Re: Absences, spouse of British citizen

Post by Casa » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:47 pm

There is no absence limit for a Spouse visa SET(M) application. You should however, submit evidence of the subsisting relationship during the qualifying period.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

usovats
Newly Registered
Russia

Re: Absences, spouse of British citizen

Post by usovats » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:06 pm

Casa wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:47 pm
There is no absence limit for a Spouse visa SET(M) application. You should however, submit evidence of the subsisting relationship during the qualifying period.
Thank you!

usovats
Newly Registered
Russia

Set (M) or SET (O)

Post by usovats » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:32 pm

Hi All,

My partner originally came to the UK on Tier 1 (General) visa, and subsequently settled and obtained British citizenship. This happened before our marriage. Now I'm eligible to apply for settlement. I was under the impression that I've to use SET (M). But after filling in the initial questionnaire on the online application, it seems to show that I've to apply under SET (O). Is this correct? Or I've to do something different in the pre-application questionnaire?

I'm currently on FLR (M)

usovats
Newly Registered
Russia

Re: Set (M) or SET (O)

Post by usovats » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:54 pm

My current visa is Spouse/Partner Leave to Remain

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:17 am

Set m
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

usovats
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by usovats » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:04 pm

Thank you!

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:35 pm

I merged your previous post from April and as you can see above, you were advised to apply using SET(M). This is why we have to scream at people to keep their questions in the same thread :?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice