ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILE for child - Accommodation proof - staying with sister's family

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

doraramu84
India

Regarding ILE Maintenance Fund

Post by doraramu84 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:55 am

Hi,

I am living in UK on ILR currently, I am looking to bring my son from India to UK on ILE. Home office document says I should be able to support him without using public funds. Should this maintenance fund be shown via employment salary only or can money available in my bank account be shown as the proof as well?

If bank balance can be used , how much money should be available and for how long?

Can someone please help.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Regarding ILE Maintenance Fund

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:57 am

What is the immigration status of the chids other parent?

How old is the child?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

doraramu84
India

Post by doraramu84 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:41 am

Hi,

I am the sole guardian of my son. The other parent is not involved in my child's upbringing. Have courts order for it.
He is 11 years old.

Thanks,

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:30 pm

(v) can, and will, be maintained adequately by the parent, parents, or relative the child is seeking to join, without recourse to public funds; and
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

doraramu84
India

Post by doraramu84 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:16 pm

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your response.

doraramu84
India

ILE for child - which visa category to choose

Post by doraramu84 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:32 am

Hi,

I am applying for ILE for my child who was born in India. I came to the UK in 2015 and have been granted ILR in 2020. I do have the sole custody and guardianship order from the court.
While filling in the online form for my child's ILE, I am confused about which visa category to choose and which appendix form to down and complete.
I have chosen,
Non-British child of a parent who has permission to be in the UK as a partner or spouse of a British citizen or person settled in the UK granted permission under the Rules in place before 9 July 2012
Non-British child of a parent, parents or relative who are British citizens or settled in the UK
Non-British child of a relative who has limited leave in the UK as a refugee or receiving humanitarian protection
Non-British adopted child or child for adoption in the UK of a parent or parents who are British citizens or settled in the UK.

But the eligibility criteria says,
You can apply on this form if you are joining or accompanying a parent who was given permission to be in the UK before 9 July 2012 and is either:

a British citizen
settled in the UK
has limited leave to enter or remain as a partner or parent

Also, the next category also seems correct,
Non-British child of a parent granted or currently applying for permission to enter and stay in the UK, as the parent of a child who is a British citizen, settled in the UK, or in the UK with pre-settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme.

Can you please help me understand which category and appendix to choose ?

Thanks,
Radha

doraramu84
India

Re: ILE for child - which visa category to choose

Post by doraramu84 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:25 am

Hi,

Can someone please reply to my previous question about the visa category for ILE child applying outside UK?

Sorry to send repeated messages. I have almost filled the application form and looking to book an appointment at the earliest date available.

Thanks,

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:05 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

doraramu84
India

Post by doraramu84 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:46 pm

Thank you.

doraramu84
India

ILE for child - Accommodation proof - staying with sister's family

Post by doraramu84 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:01 pm

Hi,

I am applying for ILE for my son who is living in India to join me in the UK. I and my sister's family are living in the same rented house. The tenancy agreement includes my name, my sister's name and my brother in law's name. my sister's son is also staying in the same house. The house has 3 bedrooms + 1 living room + 1 Spam
Can I give this tenancy agreement as proof of accommodation for my sons visa. I am concerned whether this house should be exclusively in my name. What would be the best thing to do? Do I need any letter from landlord or from my sister and brother in law?

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

doraramu84
India

Re: ILE for child - Accommodation proof - staying with sister's family

Post by doraramu84 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:54 pm

Hi,

I am trying to get house inspection to be on the safe side. It seems the process through council will take time. I am looking to go with independent qualified surveyor to inspect and get the report. I found some in the internet, but not sure how to check if they are actually qualified and will be accepted by the home office. Can someone please help?

Thanks,
Radha

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:47 am

doraramu84
India

Re: ILR Settlement for Stepson - wife got ILR

Post by doraramu84 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:00 am

Hi,

I am in a similar situation. My son's tier 2 dependent visa got rejected in 2016 because there was no legal document to prove that I have got the sole responsibility.

After that I have applied for guardianship for my son and got the court order appointing me as the guardian for my son. My ex husband never was involved in my son's life. This was stated in the petition filed by me. As did not appear before the court as well, the court has passed the ex-parte decree in my favour. I am going to apply for my son's visa next week under ILE category.

Wondering what kind of documents do you have to prove sole responsibility. can you please give some details? Hope you had success with your stepson's visa.

Thanks,

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:05 pm

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice