ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Priority service for ILR from Tier 1 entrepreneur

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zimba
Mood:

Re: Priority service for ILR from Tier 1 entrepreneur

Post by zimba » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:19 pm

It's the same amount you showed in your initial application

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -_v.25.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

MarkCa

Post by MarkCa » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:10 pm

Zimba wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:19 pm
It's the same amount you showed in your initial application

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -_v.25.pdf
Ok, thanks, I will provide proof of 50k investment as part of my application then.

MarkCa

Post by MarkCa » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:00 pm

Application date is now 3 weeks away :)

I will probably have a few more questions over the next period.

Regarding the investment, I realised that although I opened company while I was on Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur, and by the time I switched to Entrepreneur all investment was already done (which probably means it will be fine now when I apply for ILR), most of the funds in company arrived from issuing new shares to external investor, not by me personally. I did create the company and I am "responsible" for this investment, but reality is that after receiving big investment, it was then just companies funds making further investments, not my personal funds.

I did give company Director's loan of more than 50k in 2018 (when I was on Graduate Entrepreneur visa) but it has been relayed to me when investor made the investment.

Should I use my Director's loan (noting that it has been repayed) or I can use any later investment as well?

It is a bit strange reading the guidance where majority of points are showing that it needs to be clear that funds are available for investing, while it is not (at least to me) clear what to do when you made investment 3 years ago and have been operating on companies funds (cash flow) since then.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:58 pm

If you invested the money as a loan then it is fine even if it was repaid. However, you must show that the loan was unsecured and subordinated in favour of the third parties, etc so I suggest consulting with your accountant if this was the case
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

MarkCa

Post by MarkCa » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:56 am

Zimba wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:58 pm
If you invested the money as a loan then it is fine even if it was repaid. However, you must show that the loan was unsecured and subordinated in favour of the third parties, etc so I suggest consulting with your accountant if this was the case
Thank you!

Yes, the loan clearly has a point that it is unsecured loan. At that time I never really thought about that, so I was quite happy when I saw that point a few minutes ago :)

I will provide the loan agreement itself and I can also provide bank statement with transactions filtered to directors loan. If I send bank transactions statement, it is clear that loan of 70,000gbp was made in June 2018 (while I was on Graduate Entrepreneur visa) and it was repaid over a year later when I was on tier 1 Entrepreneur (my current) visa.

Just to check, since this loan was done while I was graduate entrepreneur, assuming everything is ok with this, I do not have to prove anything else regarding the investment? Or should I also provide invoices that company later paid which would amount for over 200k and were made before my director's loan was repaid?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:45 am

Any investment made 24 months prior to switching to Tier 1E (if were under Tier 1GE route) counts for the award of points. This is very clear in the guide. Evidence of repayment is not needed. However, if your company had debt and your loan was repaid first, then the loan was not subordinated. This is why I said to consult with the accountant to ensure the loan can be treated as such. Just to avoid any surprises if the UKVI investigates.

MarkCa

Post by MarkCa » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:54 pm

Zimba wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:45 am
Any investment made 24 months prior to switching to Tier 1E (if were under Tier 1GE route) counts for the award of points. This is very clear in the guide. Evidence of repayment is not needed. However, if your company had debt and your loan was repaid first, then the loan was not subordinated. This is why I said to consult with the accountant to ensure the loan can be treated as such. Just to avoid any surprises if the UKVI investigates.
Thank you!

A few questions:

1. Since I never had any other loans at any moment since I started the company (apart from Director's loan), should accountant write it on a letter that there were no other loans? I am assuming that this would remove any suspicion about director's loan since it is obvious that if there were no other loans, there was no priority to be given towards anything.

2. Do I need to send my Balance Sheet and P&L or not? If yes, should it be for one year only or more years?

3. Will making a super priority appointment (to have decision in one day) potentially reduce chances of successful application? For example, if there is something missing, will they be more likely to reject application since they need to make decision in one day or they will ask for whatever is needed and postpone the decision?

4. Do I need to submit any evidence when making application or I can upload everything after making it and before biometrics?

5. At what point do I have to chose super priority service? Is it at moment of submitting the application (without knowing when is the first available biometrics slot) or I can do it after finding out the biometrics slot? The reason why I am asking is that I might choose priority or super priority depending on this.

6. In case of rejection, how much time do I have to make new application and would it matter if my BRp expires before that?

Thanks!

MarkCa

Post by MarkCa » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:19 pm

Sorry, as I was reading, I have some more questions:

7. Police registration - I have never registered with police and I had successful extension while I was in the UK. I was here first on tier 4, then tier 1 graduate entrepreneur, and now entrepreneur. Should I register now, before I apply for ILR?

8. Should I scan whole passport or just main page?

MarkCa

Post by MarkCa » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:30 pm

Regarding point 7 - police registration:

I tried to make police account and I wasn't able to chose my country. I then googled and my country is not on the list:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... gistration

I am assuming that this is why I never had any issues with this - I probably don't need it.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:52 am

MarkCa wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:30 pm

I tried to make police account and I wasn't able to chose my country. I then googled and my country is not on the list:

I am assuming that this is why I never had any issues with this - I probably don't need it.
If your country is not there at the time you checked it means you don't need it.

MarkCa

Post by MarkCa » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:56 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:52 am
MarkCa wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:30 pm

If your country is not there at the time you checked it means you don't need it.

Thank you! :)

MarkCa

Post by MarkCa » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:34 pm

MarkCa wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:54 pm
Zimba wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:45 am
Thank you!

A few questions:

1. Since I never had any other loans at any moment since I started the company (apart from Director's loan), should accountant write it on a letter that there were no other loans? I am assuming that this would remove any suspicion about director's loan since it is obvious that if there were no other loans, there was no priority to be given towards anything.

2. Do I need to send my Balance Sheet and P&L or not? If yes, should it be for one year only or more years?

3. Will making a super priority appointment (to have decision in one day) potentially reduce chances of successful application? For example, if there is something missing, will they be more likely to reject application since they need to make decision in one day or they will ask for whatever is needed and postpone the decision?

4. Do I need to submit any evidence when making application or I can upload everything after making it and before biometrics?

5. At what point do I have to chose super priority service? Is it at moment of submitting the application (without knowing when is the first available biometrics slot) or I can do it after finding out the biometrics slot? The reason why I am asking is that I might choose priority or super priority depending on this.

6. In case of rejection, how much time do I have to make new application and would it matter if my BRp expires before that?

Thanks!

Anyone? :)

MarkCa

Post by MarkCa » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:59 pm

Hi Everyone,

As I am gathering documents now, can you please let me know if I need to send balance sheet and profit & loss or not?

Also, is accountant's letter confirming numbers from these documents needed or not?

Thanks!

MarkCa

Post by MarkCa » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:35 am

Hello,

Regarding the business bank statement - should it be 30 days or 90 days? Also, can I download online statement directly as pdf or it is better if it has stamp from the branch?

I was also thinking about downloading full pdf statement and then maybe just taking last 30 transactions from branch and asking for stamp and sending it together with full statement to confirm validity?

Thanks!

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:03 pm

All electronic evidence is accepted. You are submitting statements for what purpose?

MarkCa

Post by MarkCa » Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:50 pm

Is it considered as proof of business activity?

I was also thinking about getting statement which contains director's loan accounts, as well as transactions which I will be offering as proof of investment.

For example, I was thinking about sending invoice ( as investment proof) and bank transaction showing that it has been paid. Or is this not necessary?

Honestly, I believe I sent all of this already when switching from graduate entrepreneur to entrepreneur, but since I am an idiot and didn't save papers from that application, I am happier to send it again than to stress about it.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:03 pm

MarkCa wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:50 pm

I was also thinking about getting statement which contains director's loan accounts, as well as transactions which I will be offering as proof of investment.

For example, I was thinking about sending invoice ( as investment proof) and bank transaction showing that it has been paid. Or is this not necessary?

Honestly, I believe I sent all of this already when switching from graduate entrepreneur to entrepreneur, but since I am an idiot and didn't save papers from that application, I am happier to send it again than to stress about it.
There is no specific requirement for these. If you invested three years ago, then the statements will be from 3 years ago. I suggest to submit the last 3 months to prove that business is trading and active

MarkCa

Post by MarkCa » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:17 pm

Zimba wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:03 pm
MarkCa wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:50 pm

There is no specific requirement for these. If you invested three years ago, then the statements will be from 3 years ago. I suggest to submit the last 3 months to prove that business is trading and active
Ok, thank you.

Just to check, I will be uploading everything only after I submit application, and I can submit online at any point between application submission time and 48 hours before biometrics? Also, will I be able to see all documents I uploaded (and add/remove them if I change my mind) during that period?

Regarding employees - do I only have to add RTI FPS or payslips as well?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:28 am

Upload all evidence as per guide

MarkCa

Post by MarkCa » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:42 am

Zimba wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:28 am
Upload all evidence as per guide
Ok, I will upload both payslipls and rti fps.

I have two jobs that were started during my graduate entrepreneur visa, but also existed for over 12 months on my currnet visa. Can I use these jobs as well?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:17 am

Yes

MarkCa

Post by MarkCa » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:27 am

That is great. And do I need to submit accounts (balance sheet, P&L) as part of my application?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:46 pm

MarkCa wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:27 am
That is great. And do I need to submit accounts (balance sheet, P&L) as part of my application?
Follow the guide :!:

MarkCa

Post by MarkCa » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:01 pm

Zimba wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:46 pm
MarkCa wrote:
Ok, I will check again, but as someone without experience with visas, I can say that ILR part of the guide is relatively small and many things aren't as clear as one would hope for.

But I will read more before posting again.

Regarding priority service (I didn't see this in guide), do I book it when:

1. I submit application
2. at the time of giving biometrics (during appointment)
3. At any moment between submitting application and giving biometrics?

Thanks!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:11 pm

MarkCa wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:01 pm
Zimba wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:46 pm
MarkCa wrote:
Ok, I will check again, but as someone without experience with visas, I can say that ILR part of the guide is relatively small and many things aren't as clear as one would hope for.

But I will read more before posting again.

Regarding priority service (I didn't see this in guide), do I book it when:

1. I submit application This
2. at the time of giving biometrics (during appointment)
3. At any moment between submitting application and giving biometrics?

Thanks!