ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET(M) who should my employer address the letter to?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

b1234567
Pakistan

Re: ILR SET(M) is anyone struggling to log in to your application?

Post by b1234567 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:45 pm

I seem to be unable to log in to my application.
Keep getting a ‘404 Not Found’ Error.

Has anyone experienced the same thing trying to log in?

b1234567
Pakistan

Re: ILR SET(M) what would happen if I applied a few days early?

Post by b1234567 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:14 am

Hi Everyone,

I am hoping to submit my wife’s ILR Set (M) application on 16th August as that is the date of her 5years - 28days since entering the UK.

I would really like to utilise the super priority service for this application and have seen it appear as an option on her application portal a number of times now, however, it’s not always there.

My question is, what would happen if I submitted and paid for the application a few days early in a bid to secure the super priority service when it shows as available… should I expect the application to be rejected instantly or is it more likely that it would still be valid given that the biometric appointment would still be after the 16th August?

Just curious to know your thoughts but also if anyone has ever done this before…

Thanks in advance

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR SET(M) who should my employer address the letter to?

Post by zimba » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:34 am

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

b1234567
Pakistan

Re: ILR SET (M) Compiling Docs Query

Post by b1234567 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:59 am

Zimba wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:34 am
That would be fine. Applying early is ok.
Online Application - Why there is no Super Priority Service Option ?
Thank You Zimba. So although her 28days prior to completing 5 years is on the 16th August 2022, there would be no issue in paying for and submitting the application tonight and booking an appointment for after the 16th August?

Also, I have a query around compiling documents. I have been compiling my documents into PDF’s so that there is less to upload.
Is this okay?
What I mean by this is that where it requires 6 bank statements, I’ve scanned them and then put them all into one PDF file rather than uploading 6 different files. I’ve done this for bank statements, payslips and items of correspondence - is this okay?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:57 pm

It is all fine
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

b1234567
Pakistan

Re: ILR SET(M)

Post by b1234567 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:06 pm

Zimba wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:57 pm
It is all fine
Nice one, thanks Zimba.
Always a great help :)

b1234567
Pakistan

Re: ILR SET(M) Marriage Certificate Requirement?

Post by b1234567 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:15 pm

Apologies, another question…

There is no mention during the application process or subsequent document checklist of the inclusion of a marriage certificate when applying for SET (M). Is this something I should include anyway or is it already implied that I’m married based on previous home office applications (i.e. Leave to Remain as a spouse of BC, FLR as a spouse of BC)?

Any guidance on further supporting docs not listed in the requirements but perhaps useful would be appreciated. As I’m hoping to apply using the super priority service, I just don’t want to leave any stone unturned or leave any room for doubt which could end in delays or refusal of the application.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:18 pm

There is no need to include the marriage certificate again. From your side, only cohabitation documents are needed

b1234567
Pakistan

Post by b1234567 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:28 pm

Zimba wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:18 pm
There is no need to include the marriage certificate again. From your side, only cohabitation documents are needed
Perfect, okay thank you.

b1234567
Pakistan

Re: ILR SET(M) Document Upload Query

Post by b1234567 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:29 am

Hi All,

I have successfully submitted my wife’s ILR Set (M) application using the super priority service.

I had already scanned my documents before seeing the requirement about the scans needing to be in greyscale.
How strict is this rule? As I feel some documents (especially passport) are not very legible in greyscale. Has anyone uploaded documents in colour and ever been rejected? Or is this requirement purely to keep the file size down?

I haven’t uploaded the documents onto the UKVCAS portal yet but just wanted to know your thoughts before I decide to rescan all my documents.

Thanks

batelco
Bahrain

Post by batelco » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:47 am

b1234567 wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:29 am
Hi All,

I have successfully submitted my wife’s ILR Set (M) application using the super priority service.

I had already scanned my documents before seeing the requirement about the scans needing to be in greyscale.
How strict is this rule? As I feel some documents (especially passport) are not very legible in greyscale. Has anyone uploaded documents in colour and ever been rejected? Or is this requirement purely to keep the file size down?

I haven’t uploaded the documents onto the UKVCAS portal yet but just wanted to know your thoughts before I decide to rescan all my documents.

Thanks
I have always uploaded all docs in color on multiple applications including a recent SET(M) and no issues. Good luck

batelco
Bahrain

Post by batelco » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:48 am

b1234567 wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks
I have always uploaded all docs in color on multiple applications including a recent SET(M) and no issues.

b1234567
Pakistan

Post by b1234567 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:09 am

batelco wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:47 am
b1234567 wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks
I have always uploaded all docs in color on multiple applications including a recent SET(M) and no issues. Good luck
Thank you, appreciate it.

hp1988
Newly Registered
India

Post by hp1988 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:43 pm

Hi b1234567

I am planning to apply for my wife's ILR. Same case as your's, came to UK in Sept. Could you please share the list of documents you used to submit your wife's application? Thanks.

b1234567
Pakistan

Post by b1234567 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:51 am

hp1988 wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:43 pm
Hi b1234567

I am planning to apply for my wife's ILR. Same case as your's, came to UK in Sept. Could you please share the list of documents you used to submit your wife's application? Thanks.
Hi,

See below a list of supporting documents I submitted. This is the list that was generated by the form itself, after you’ve input all your details but just as a heads up:

Mandatory Documents:
- Applicant Passport
- Declaration signed by UK Spouse

Other Docs:
- personal bank statement covering last six months
- payslips for the last six months
- Letter from employer confirming employment details
- Proof of property ownership
- Letter signed by the property owner saying you have permission to live there
- Items of correspondence as proof of cohabitation
- Evidence of UK Spouse’s settled status (i.e. British Passport)
- B1 Language Certificate
- Current BRP
- Any previous ID documents (Expired Passport, BRP, etc)
- Previous Home Office letters regarding approval of Leave to Remain and FLR visas

All the best :)

b1234567
Pakistan

Re: ILR SET(M) Mission Accomplished

Post by b1234567 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:56 am

By the grace of God, my wife has received her ILR visa - now we move onto Naturisation!

A huge thank you to all moderators and users who weighed in on my queries, may Allah bless you all for the work you do.

I applied using the super priority service and believe it to be very worthwhile. See my post in the timelines thread for details (Sorry, I don’t know how to link it here).

Good luck to everyone and I pray you overcome any hurdles you may be facing.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: ILR SET(M) Mission Accomplished

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:57 pm

b1234567 wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:56 am
By the grace of God, my wife has received her ILR visa - now we move onto Naturisation!

A huge thank you to all moderators and users who weighed in on my queries, may Allah bless you all for the work you do.

I applied using the super priority service and believe it to be very worthwhile. See my post in the timelines thread for details (Sorry, I don’t know how to link it here).

Good luck to everyone and I pray you overcome any hurdles you may be facing.
Congratulations