ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Continuous residence breach in Global talent visa routine?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

willianho
Newly Registered

Continuous residence breach in Global talent visa routine?

Post by willianho » Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:29 pm

Dear all,

Here I want to reassure my application before clearing the "continuous residence" calculation. I have once hold a 3-year Tier2 visa to entry UK on 11 Jan, 2019 and the visa expired on 14 Jan, 2022. Then I was issued the "exceptional assurance" to avoid me becoming an overstayer. On 6 April 2022 I submitted the GTV application and the visa has been issued on 20 April. I found that under the GTV to ILR routine, Tier 2 visa stay can be countable. But there is nearly a 3-month time without Tier2 or GTV visa. Is it valid for me to apply ILR now or I have to wait another 3 years? Thank you very much!

Ho

zimba
Mood:

Re: Continuous residence breach in Global talent visa routine?

Post by zimba » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:06 am

Exceptional assurance acted as an extension of your previous visa privileges and it is considered lawful residence
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

willianho
Newly Registered

Re: Continuous residence breach in Global talent visa routine?

Post by willianho » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:34 am

Zimba wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:06 am
Exceptional assurance acted as an extension of your previous visa privileges and it is considered lawful residence
Dear Zimba, thank you very much!
Ho