ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What SET to apply ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Covid19uk
Newly Registered

What SET to apply ILR

Post by Covid19uk » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:00 pm

Hi everyone
One of my friend she had Leave to Remain Status on her BRP card.She just wonder which set her in to apply ILR.This is her situation:
She have 2 kids: the older one is British and younger one has no paper.She finish 10 years route and want to apply ILR for her and her youngest one.She not sure which set her in to apply the right form.Sorry my English is not my first language.Thank you everyone

Covid19uk
Newly Registered

Re: What SET to apply ILR

Post by Covid19uk » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:43 pm

Covid19uk wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:00 pm
Hi everyone
One of my friend she had Leave to Remain Status on her BRP card.She just wonder which set her in to apply ILR.This is her situation:
She have 2 kids: the older one is British and younger one has no paper.She finish 10 years route and want to apply ILR for her and her youngest one.She not sure which set her in to apply the right form.Sorry my English is not my first language.Thank you everyone
Update:Sorry the younger one have 2.5 years Visa like his mom.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:58 am

Covid19uk wrote:
Hi everyone
To apply under long residence you need to apply using SET(LR)
Here: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/set-lr
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Covid19uk
Newly Registered

Post by Covid19uk » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:59 pm

Zimba wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:58 am
Covid19uk wrote:
Hi everyone
To apply under long residence you need to apply using SET(LR)
Here: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/set-lr
Can she apply as a parent (family visa) or have to be under long residence? Sorry she just want to make sure before apply.Thank you Zimba and everyone.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:32 am

Depends on how she qualifies. For 10 years of lawful and continuous residence, she will apply under long residence SET(LR)
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Covid19uk
Newly Registered

Post by Covid19uk » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:03 pm

Zimba wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:32 am
Depends on how she qualifies. For 10 years of lawful and continuous residence, she will apply under long residence SET(LR)
Thank you Zimba
I have another friend she have 2 kids : older one is British and second one same visa like his mom (2.5 years).Her visa and second child expired on 12/08/2022 so She just extend her visa and just wonder which link to extend the visa for her child.Can we use same link to extend visa? She Just use this link to extend her visa: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... 1659993964
Thank you everyone

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:39 pm

Covid19uk wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:03 pm
Zimba wrote:
Thank you Zimba
I have another friend she have 2 kids : older one is British and second one same visa like his mom (2.5 years).Her visa and second child expired on 12/08/2022 so She just extend her visa and just wonder which link to extend the visa for her child.Can we use same link to extend visa? She Just use this link to extend her visa: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... 1659993964
Thank you everyone
No. Use form FLR(M)
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... ily-routes

Covid19uk
Newly Registered

Post by Covid19uk » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:54 pm

Zimba wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:39 pm
Covid19uk wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:03 pm
Zimba wrote:
Thank you Zimba
Thank you everyone
No. Use form FLR(M)
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... ily-routes
Can we apply ilr for him (his mom stay here legally for 9,5 years need 6 more month to apply for ilr-he 8 years old) or just apply for extend visa?Thank you

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:09 am

There is the new Appendix private life. What are the circumstances of the child ? Born in the UK ?

Covid19uk
Newly Registered

Post by Covid19uk » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:58 pm

Zimba wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:09 am
There is the new private life appendix. What are the circumstances of the child ? Born in the UK ?
Yes he was born in UK Zimba

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:25 am

Possible under Appendix private life:
A child born in the UK who has lived in the UK continuously for 7 years can
qualify for immediate settlement. Such a child may be eligible for citizenship
at 10 years old, so the change will support their journey to citizenship;

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... sible_.pdf

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:05 am

If they subsequently grant a parent ILR or child reaches 10, then a UK-born child is entitled to register directly, without any support of child’s ILR?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Covid19uk
Newly Registered

Post by Covid19uk » Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:52 pm

Zimba wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:25 am
Possible under Appendix private life:
A child born in the UK who has lived in the UK continuously for 7 years can
qualify for immediate settlement. Such a child may be eligible for citizenship
at 10 years old, so the change will support their journey to citizenship;

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... sible_.pdf
Thank you Zimba. I did apply for him under Private life like his mom.I appreciate your help