ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Partner (main sponsor) gets public funds?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hitrohit213
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

ILR - Partner (main sponsor) gets public funds?

Post by hitrohit213 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:50 pm

Dear admin/fellow Members,

My wife is applying for ILR visa (under Tier 2 dependant category), I am main sponsor (applicant) on which basis wife qualifies for ILR). I already have ILR for last 2 years.

1) In 'Finance' section - there is question on 'public funds received' - I have ticked yes for it as I am claiming 'Child benefit' (for my daughter who is 4 years old - British passport holder) since I have got ILR. The monthly money comes in my name (bank account).
I am putting 0.00 pounds in my wife section and monthly amount of 87.20 pounds in partner (my) section

Just wanted to be sure, If I am doing right thing and wanted to know if any proof need to be provided for the same.

2) Another query - section 1- start page there is a question - 'Which Visa is Mr. RK (my name - main sponsor) applying for or been granted? - I have answered -Tier 2 general (as it was my visa before I got ILR). but I am actually having ILR at this moment and that option does not come in drop down boxes......
**Query is - I am assuming I am doing right thing? **

Any help to resolve above 2 queries will be highly appreciated.

thanks
Rohit

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR - Partner (main sponsor) gets public funds?

Post by zimba » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:00 am

1. The application often asks to say YES if people who are part of this application who get benefits. You are NOT part of the application so the answer should be NO
2. It is ok. You need to mention your previous visa
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

hitrohit213
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by hitrohit213 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:34 pm

Zimba wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:00 am
1. The application often asks to say YES if people who are part of this application who get benefits. You are NOT part of the application so the answer should be NO

Thank you Zimba for your reply.
I thought as my wife is applying for ILR, (previously had tier 2 dependent visa for 5 years) and with my ILR biometric details mentioned in this current applicant, makes me part of application.
Just wanted to be sure I am not missing anything?

But thanks for confirming that I don't need to mention any public funds I am getting in this application.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:22 am

hitrohit213 wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:34 pm
Zimba wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:00 am

Thank you Zimba for your reply.
I thought as my wife is applying for ILR, (previously had tier 2 dependent visa for 5 years) and with my ILR biometric details mentioned in this current applicant, makes me part of application.
Just wanted to be sure I am not missing anything?

But thanks for confirming that I don't need to mention any public funds I am getting in this application.
You're getting confused because you're the one filling the form for her. You either let her fill it by herself, or you fill it as if you were her.

Don't think as you!
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!