ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Earliest date to apply for ILR based on Long residency

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

A007
Newly Registered

Earliest date to apply for ILR based on Long residency

Post by A007 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:56 am

Hi all,

Can you please advise on when the earliest date you can apply for ILR (long residency)?
So, let’s assume I entered the UK on 1st Oct 2012, and my 10 lawful years will be achieved on 1st Oct 2022. Does that mean I can submit my application online on 4th of Sep 2022 and book biometric appointment on 6th of Sep and still qualify for ILR?

According to long residency guidance published by the home office https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... gov-uk.pdf
And I am quoting from the document, it says
“Applications being considered 28 days or less before the required qualifying period is completed”

Does that include the Biometric appointment and the decision by the case worker can be issued before 28 days of the qualifying period?

Does that include the Biometric appointment date?
Meaning the case worker can still consider the application to qualify in this case?

zimba
Mood:

Re: Earliest date to apply for ILR based on Long residency

Post by zimba » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:36 am

Yes. You can be granted ILR within 28 days of completing your qualifying period. So the date caseworker is processing your application is all that matters
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

A007
Newly Registered

Re: Earliest date to apply for ILR based on Long residency

Post by A007 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:28 pm

Thank you very much , that was very helpful indeed.