ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (spouse) - Job abroad

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

PCN007
Newly Registered

ILR (spouse) - Job abroad

Post by PCN007 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:15 am

Hi my spouse is due for ILR next year November.
I was wondering is I get a job and have to move abroad between now and then, can that effect her ILR?

So the situation will be as follows: spouse will stay back in the UK in our home and work earning over £20k. I will move abroad with occasional trips back to the UK and sometimes they will make holiday trips abroad to see me.

All the correspondence letters in her and my name for example utility bills, her and my bank statements etc, will still be received at our home address in the UK. Will that be enough or not?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR (spouse) - Job abroad

Post by zimba » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:38 am

If she qualifies using her own earnings, then I do not see an issue
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

PCN007
Newly Registered

Post by PCN007 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:47 pm

Zimba wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:38 am
If she qualifies using her own earnings, then I do not see an issue
okay thanks. So yeah cohabitation letters won't be an issue, is anything else needed from the sponsoring british partner?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:57 pm

No
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

PCN007
Newly Registered

Post by PCN007 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:24 am

Zimba wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:57 pm
No
thanks, good to know.