ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR minor mistake in application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

JJJJ1212
Newly Registered

ILR minor mistake in application

Post by JJJJ1212 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:18 am

Hi,

I submitted my application for ILR under SET(O) and my biometrics appointment is next week.

I noticed a minor error in my application where my solicitor disclosed that I've been living at my current address since September 2017 (which is correct) and in a later part of the application, they disclosed that I've lived there for 71 months when in reality this should have been 59 months.

My solicitor has prepared a cover letter in which it states:

"As correctly recorded on page 3 of Application form Set (O), XXXX has lived at his current
address since September 2017. Consequently, he has lived at his address for 59 months, not the
71 months as incorrectly recorded later on page 4 of the Form. We trust that this administrative
error is of no material consequence to the application and in any event copies of XXX’s Tenancy Agreements for his current address are provided in support of the application."

Is this sufficient to cover this minor error? Do I need to manually correct the application and upload it as a supporting document?

Thank you

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR minor mistake in application

Post by zimba » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:54 am

This is a non issue
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

JJJJ1212
Newly Registered

Post by JJJJ1212 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:16 pm

Thank you for the response. In what sense is this a non issue? Would the case worker miss the cover letter?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:43 pm

JJJJ1212 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:16 pm
Thank you for the response. In what sense is this a non issue? Would the case worker miss the cover letter?
How long you have lived at an address is not relevant to the immigration rules and does not change your eligibility. It has no relevance to your ILR
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

JJJJ1212
Newly Registered

Post by JJJJ1212 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:02 am

Thank you Zimba. I’ve also noticed another minor error in the application. I have a second nationality in which I made a mistake in the date when I first got this nationality. I have used the correct date in previous visa applications. Is this also a non issue? I will clarify this in a cover letter

Thanks again

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:45 pm

These have no effect