ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(DV) Application Queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mariziksuhr
Newly Registered

SET(DV) Application Queries

Post by mariziksuhr » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:26 pm

Hello everyone,

I’m writing on behalf of my partner who is applying for ILR via the SET(DV) route as he entered the UK on a spouse visa and the relationship has since broken down due to domestic abuse, especially immigration abuse (threatening, controlling behaviour once he got to the UK and constant belitteling and being shouted at by his partner and his family-in-law as well as being forceably removed from his own flat on multiple occasions until he decided to leave). The application will be submitted through a solicitor and there is a few pieces of evidence, but there was never any physical violence so it’s difficult to prove. We have a police report, a medical/GP report, a report from a domestic violence support organisation, a counsellor report and supporting letters from friends and witnesses. We are extremely worried about the success rate of this route as it’s highly scrutinised so I was just wondering if anyone has had any experiences with SET(DV) applications and whether they have been successful or not? What is considered ‘enough’ evidence in a psychological abuse case where there is no physical violence? I’m aware that it’ll just be up to the caseworker but we’re just trying to cover all of our bases to make sure it’s successful. Any help would be much appreciated!

zimba
Mood:

Re: SET(DV) Application Queries

Post by zimba » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:21 pm

There is whole guide on this: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... olence.pdf

You need to provide strong evidence to qualify
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice