ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home Office Atlas Notification

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

thevar
India

ILR for to-be born baby

Post by thevar » Thu May 26, 2022 2:50 pm

Hello Admins and Experts,

*** First and foremost, apologies :oops: if I am posting this in the wrong channel. Please advise if I have and I will immediately remove this post ***

I am an Indian national on a Tier 2 General (now Skilled Worker) visa. I am due to submit my application for ILR around mid-Aug. I am also expecting my 2nd child around the same time. While the doctor has given an expected due date of the baby, it is universally known that the due date cannot be exactly pin-pointed. In this scenario, here are my questions:

1. If the baby is born in UK BEFORE ILR grant date, what should be the process? What is the expected cost of application / process?

2. If the baby is born in UK AFTER ILR grant date, what should be the process? What is the expected cost of application / process?

3. Should / could I also apply for India passport for the baby? What is CoE-RoA and what is its purpose in my case?

4. If Q3 is not applicable, when and how can I apply for OCI (Overseas Citizen Of India) card for the baby?

Appreciate your responses in advance! :)

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: ILR for to-be born baby

Post by Ticktack » Thu May 26, 2022 4:03 pm

thevar wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 2:50 pm

*** First and foremost, apologies :oops: if I am posting this in the wrong channel. Please advise if I have and I will immediately remove this post ***

I am an Indian national on a Tier 2 General (now Skilled Worker) visa. I am due to submit my application for ILR around mid-Aug. I am also expecting my 2nd child around the same time. While the doctor has given an expected due date of the baby, it is universally known that the due date cannot be exactly pin-pointed. In this scenario, here are my questions:

1. If the baby is born in UK BEFORE ILR grant date, what should be the process? What is the expected cost of application / process?You don't have to do anything. Once you get your ILR, then you can register the baby to be British. Form MN.

2. If the baby is born in UK AFTER ILR grant date, what should be the process? What is the expected cost of application / process?Also, you don't have to do anything. Baby is auto born British. You just need to apply for a British Passport if you need to.

3. Should / could I also apply for India passport for the baby? What is CoE-RoA and what is its purpose in my case? If you don't want to apply for a British passport for your baby, and you decide to get an Indian passport. You need to apply for a Certificate of Entitlement to Right of Abode. This like a visa stamp. It expires with the passport. This allows you to fly back into the UK. Basically, it tells the immigration that your baby is also British. As only Brits have ROA.

4. If Q3 is not applicable, when and how can I apply for OCI (Overseas Citizen Of India) card for the baby? Get a British passport and apply for that at the Indian embassy.

No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

thevar
India

Re: ILR for to-be born baby

Post by thevar » Sat May 28, 2022 11:48 am

Thanks Ticktack!
Ticktack wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 4:03 pm
thevar wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 2:50 pm

1. If the baby is born in UK BEFORE ILR grant date, what should be the process? What is the expected cost of application / process?You don't have to do anything. Once you get your ILR, then you can register the baby to be British. Form MN.

2. If the baby is born in UK AFTER ILR grant date, what should be the process? What is the expected cost of application / process?Also, you don't have to do anything. Baby is auto born British. You just need to apply for a British Passport if you need to.

3. Should / could I also apply for India passport for the baby? What is CoE-RoA and what is its purpose in my case? If you don't want to apply for a British passport for your baby, and you decide to get an Indian passport. You need to apply for a Certificate of Entitlement to Right of Abode. This like a visa stamp. It expires with the passport. This allows you to fly back into the UK. Basically, it tells the immigration that your baby is also British. As only Brits have ROA.

4. If Q3 is not applicable, when and how can I apply for OCI (Overseas Citizen Of India) card for the baby? Get a British passport and apply for that at the Indian embassy.

thevar
India

ILR Application Date Calculation

Post by thevar » Mon May 30, 2022 2:40 pm

I was issued a Tier 2 General visa in Sep 2017 and eligible for ILR in Sep 2022. Details below:
  • Vignette affixed on passport and valid from 12th Sep 2017 to 12th Oct 2017.
  • Entry into UK: 22th Sep 2017.
  • 1st BRP (sponsored by 1st ex-employer): 29th Sep 2017 to 02nd Oct 2022.
  • 2nd BRP (sponsored by 2nd ex-employer): 18th Sep 2019 to 29th Sep 2022.
  • 3rd BRP (sponsored by current employer): 07th April 2021 to 14th Jan 2023.
  • No prolonged absences.
I am aware that I can apply for ILR no sooner than within 28 days before the 5th anniversary of the initial visa ISSUE date (which in my case is 12th Sept 2017). My super-silly :? question is, should I submit it on 14th August 2022 or 15th August 2022?
It may be a trivial question and just a matter of 24 hours difference but I wanted to clarify and educate myself for knowledge purposes.

Thanks in advance.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: ILR Application Date Calculation

Post by Ticktack » Mon May 30, 2022 3:12 pm

thevar wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 2:40 pm

I was issued a Tier 2 General visa in Sep 2017 and eligible for ILR in Sep 2022. Details below:
  • No prolonged absences.
I am aware that I can apply for ILR no sooner than within 28 days before the 5th anniversary of the initial visa ISSUE date (which in my case is 12th Sept 2017). My super-silly :? question is, should I submit it on 14th August 2022 or 15th August 2022?
It may be a trivial question and just a matter of 24 hours difference but I wanted to clarify and educate myself for knowledge purposes.

Thanks in advance.
It should be the 15th of August.

thevar
India

Re: ILR Application Date Calculation

Post by thevar » Mon May 30, 2022 3:14 pm

Thanks Ticktack! :)
Ticktack wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 3:12 pm
thevar wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 2:40 pm

• No prolonged absences.

Thanks in advance.
It should be the 15th of August.

thevar
India

Unborn Baby of Skilled Worker Parent: ILR or Citizenship

Post by thevar » Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:35 pm

I am on a Skilled Worker Visa and am due to apply for ILR next month (in mid- August 2022). I am also due to deliver my baby in late Aug/early Sept.

What will be the status of the baby IF:
1. It is born before ILR submission.
2. It is before after ILR submission and before ILR approval.
3. It is born after ILR approval.

May I request you to share the application process and links in all of the above 3 cases.

secret.simon

Re: Unborn Baby of Skilled Worker Parent: ILR or Citizenship

Post by secret.simon » Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:55 pm

thevar wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:35 pm
1. & 2. are the same. The date of ILR submission is irrelevant for the status of the child. What matters is the status of the parent (Skilled Worker, ILR. etc) on the date of birth of the child. So either the parent has ILR status (i.e. the application has been approved) or does not have ILR (i.e. the application is either not submitted or submitted but still under consideration).

You have not mentioned where the child is born.

If the child is born in the UK,
  • if the child is born on or after the date of ILR approval,
    • the child is automatically a British citizen and can apply for a British passport (cost:~£50) directly.
  • If the child is born before the date of ILR approval,
    • the child would have no automatic UK immigration status at birth (unlike British citizenship, immigration status is never automatic, but must be applied for).
    • After at least one parent has acquired ILR, the child can be registered as a British citizen on Form MN1 (cost:~£1100). Once the registration certificate is received from the Home Office, you can then apply for the child's British passport (cost:~£50)
Note that the above is predicated on the child being born in the UK. Children born outside the UK follow different rules.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

thevar
India

Re: Unborn Baby of Skilled Worker Parent: ILR or Citizenship

Post by thevar » Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:29 pm

Thanks secret.simon! :)
secret.simon wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:55 pm
thevar wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:35 pm
1. & 2. are the same. The date of ILR submission is irrelevant for the status of the child. What matters is the status of the parent (Skilled Worker, ILR. etc) on the date of birth of the child. So either the parent has ILR status (i.e. the application has been approved) or does not have ILR (i.e. the application is either not submitted or submitted but still under consideration).

You have not mentioned where the child is born.

If the child is born in the UK,
  • if the child is born on or after the date of ILR approval,
    • the child is automatically a British citizen and can apply for a British passport (cost:~£50) directly.
  • If the child is born before the date of ILR approval,
    • the child would have no automatic UK immigration status at birth (unlike British citizenship, immigration status is never automatic, but must be applied for).
    • After at least one parent has acquired ILR, the child can be registered as a British citizen on Form MN1 (cost:~£1100). Once the registration certificate is received from the Home Office, you can then apply for the child's British passport (cost:~£50)
Note that the above is predicated on the child being born in the UK. Children born outside the UK follow different rules.

thevar
India

UKVCAS Biometrics Appointment: Postponement OR Cancellation Process

Post by thevar » Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:28 pm

I am on a Tier 2 General (now Skilled Worker) visa and am due to submit my application for ILR (with Super-Priority application) around mid-Aug. I am also expecting the arrival of my baby at around the same time. Would you be so kind to help me with the following:

1. Can I postpone OR cancel my UKVCAS biometrics appointment (due to possible clash with my delivery dates)?
2. If I have to postpone the biometrics appointment, what is the process?
3. If there is no option to postpone but to cancel and re-apply, what is the process?
4. If I have to cancel, does that mean cancellation of UKVCAS biometrics appointment or does that mean cancellation/withdrawal of entire ILR application and then I have to re-apply?
5. Within how many days remaining ahead of the appointment date, can I start the postponing or cancellation process?
6. If there is a NO-SHOW at the UKVCAS biometrics appointment center, what happens to the ILR application?
6) In case of postponement OR cancellation & re-booking, if it means refund of Super Priority fees, how much time will it take for the fees to be refunded?

On a separate note (not connected to the above situation):
7. If the Super-Priority processing is delayed beyond 24 hours, I am aware that one is eligible for a refund. How do I know I qualify for a refund and what is the process to request for the refund?

thevar
India

Re: UKVCAS Biometrics Appointment: Postponement OR Cancellation Process

Post by thevar » Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:16 am

Hello Everyone

Greetings! Any advice on this topic will be deeply appreciated :)
thevar wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:28 pm

I am on a Tier 2 General (now Skilled Worker) visa and am due to submit my application for ILR (with Super-Priority application) around mid-Aug. I am also expecting the arrival of my baby at around the same time. Would you be so kind to help me with the following:

1. Can I postpone OR cancel my UKVCAS biometrics appointment (due to possible clash with my delivery dates)?
2. If I have to postpone the biometrics appointment, what is the process?
3. If there is no option to postpone but to cancel and re-apply, what is the process?
4. If I have to cancel, does that mean cancellation of UKVCAS biometrics appointment or does that mean cancellation/withdrawal of entire ILR application and then I have to re-apply?
5. Within how many days remaining ahead of the appointment date, can I start the postponing or cancellation process?
6. If there is a NO-SHOW at the UKVCAS biometrics appointment center, what happens to the ILR application?
6) In case of postponement OR cancellation & re-booking, if it means refund of Super Priority fees, how much time will it take for the fees to be refunded?

On a separate note (not connected to the above situation):
7. If the Super-Priority processing is delayed beyond 24 hours, I am aware that one is eligible for a refund. How do I know I qualify for a refund and what is the process to request for the refund?

thevar
India

Re: UKVCAS Biometrics Appointment: Postponement OR Cancellation Process

Post by thevar » Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:08 am

Hello Admins

Kindly advice on the above. Many thanks!

thevar
India

ILR submission time & Super-Priority slots

Post by thevar » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:39 am

Hi everyone,

I am a Tier 2 visa holder and my ILR submission date is 15th Aug. I intend to login immediately after 12 AM on that day to pay and submit but I am aware that during summer time, the super priority slots are released at 1 AM.

My questions are:
1. Does that mean ILR qualifying period starts from 1 AM instead of 12 AM during summer times?
2. Can I submit the application at lets say 12.30 AM and then start to look for Super Priority slots from 1 AM onwards.
3. Does submitting my application before 1 AM disqualify my ILR application?

Looking forward to your responses.

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR submission time & Super-Priority slots

Post by zimba » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:51 am

thevar wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:39 am
Hi everyone,

I am a Tier 2 visa holder and my ILR submission date is 15th Aug. I intend to login immediately after 12 AM on that day to pay and submit but I am aware that during summer time, the super priority slots are released at 1 AM.

My questions are:
1. Does that mean ILR qualifying period starts from 1 AM instead of 12 AM during summer times?
2. Can I submit the application at lets say 12.30 AM and then start to look for Super Priority slots from 1 AM onwards.

Online Application - Why there is no Super Priority Service Option ?

We do not know how the UKVI systems exactly work. You can only submit your application AFTER choosing and paying for the level of service you like :!: You can submit your application anytime of the day
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

thevar
India

Post by thevar » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:56 am

Zimba,

Thanks for your response. I formed my question based on the FAQ found here: https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/faq

Why can’t I find an appointment?
Log in to your account and check tomorrow as our appointments are released daily, 28 days in advance. Currently free appointments are released at 9am and chargeable appointments at midnight.
Zimba wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:51 am
thevar wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:39 am
Hi everyone,

My questions are:

Online Application - Why there is no Super Priority Service Option ?

We do not know how the UKVI systems exactly work. You can only submit your application AFTER choosing and paying for the level of service you like :!: You can submit your application anytime of the day

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:00 pm

Super priority visa service has NOTHING to do with UKVCAS. The visa processing service such as the super priority service is provided by UK visa and immigration (UKVI). It is about how fast the UKVI will process your visa application AFTER your biometrics. You select your visa processing level of service before submitting your application :!: The priority services are offered depending on their capacity.

UKVCAS is ONLY in charge of collecting biometrics. UKVCAS centres are operated by UKVI's partner Sopra Steria Limited and it is a third party. Their job is ONLY to check your documents, collect your biometrics data and then simply forward them to UKVI for processing. There is no such thing as a super priority appointment. They simply offer free and paid appointments for your Biometrics depending on their capacity.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

thevar
India

ILR: 5 years anniversary MINUS 28 days rule

Post by thevar » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:39 pm

Hello all,

I know I am not allowed to post in other people's thread and hence I am asking this doubt separately about an advice given on another thread, in this new post.

Reference post of another user: indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-set-m-wh ... l#p2084486

I am aware that one can apply from 5 years anniversary date MINUS 28 days for ILR. However, in the above link, it has been advised that Applying early is okay. Is this true or have I misunderstood the advice?

My confusion stems from the advice given here on a previous post of mine

If it is wrong or against the rules about asking / commenting on other user's post, please accept my apologies and let me know. I will delete the post in that case.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR: 5 years anniversary MINUS 28 days rule

Post by zimba » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:57 pm

Stick to your own post for your queries. Also DO NOT create new posts. Tagging your queries on all other posts creates confusion and is unfair to the person who started such post to ask their own queries. :!:

What you have asked has been answered over and over again on the forum: indefinite-leave-to-remain/dependent-el ... l#p2072912

Within 28 days of completing your qualifying period, you will be eligible to be granted ILR. But for technical reasons I explained in the link above, you may APPLY earlier as long as the day of decision is within the 28 day mark, you can be granted ILR

thevar
India

Super-Priority ILR timeline and refunds

Post by thevar » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:33 pm

Hello everyone,

I attended my Super Priority biometrics submission at around 9.45 AM on 15th Aug. With regards to documents, I already uploaded and submitted ALL the mandatory documents. The same day in the afternoon I received a request via email from Home Office for additional documents (which were not in the mandatory list). Nevertheless, I immediately submitted those docs as well, for which I received an auto response acknowledgment mail.

My question is:
Since it is more that 24 hours of from both the initial biometrics and subsequent email submission of documents, does my case qualify for refund of Super Priority fees? Or, since they have already communicated with me (in the way of requesting further documents), my case now doesn't fall under the Refund category AT ALL?

Thanks in advance.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Super-Priority ILR timeline and refunds

Post by zimba » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:13 pm

thevar wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:33 pm
Hello everyone,

I attended my Super Priority biometrics submission at around 9.45 AM on 15th Aug. With regards to documents, I already uploaded and submitted ALL the mandatory documents. The same day in the afternoon I received a request via email from Home Office for additional documents (which were not in the mandatory list). Nevertheless, I immediately submitted those docs as well, for which I received an auto response acknowledgment mail.

My question is:
Since it is more that 24 hours of from both the initial biometrics and subsequent email submission of documents, does my case qualify for refund of Super Priority fees? Or, since they have already communicated with me (in the way of requesting further documents), my case now doesn't fall under the Refund category AT ALL?

Thanks in advance.
The response is within a working day

Immigration and nationality refunds policy
Process to request a refund for services relating to an immigration application or service

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:08 pm

thevar wrote:
Hello everyone,

My question is:

Thanks in advance.
The processing has started. You just didn't get the "Yes" you expected in one day. I'm sure you wouldn't have preferred a "No" in it's stead, yeah!
Priority has been given to your case. It just requires further scrutiny, and they have to dot the "i's" and cross the "t's".

shajibhaque
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by shajibhaque » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:25 pm

thevar wrote:
Hello everyone,

My question is:

Thanks in advance.
Hi

Just out of interest as I submitted my application the same day just 30 minutes later and am yet to hear anything from UKVI.

Did you get a reply yet?

Thanks

thevar
India

Post by thevar » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:18 pm

Not yet! :cry:
shajibhaque wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:25 pm
thevar wrote:
Hello everyone,

My question is:

Thanks in advance.
Hi

Just out of interest as I submitted my application the same day just 30 minutes later and am yet to hear anything from UKVI.

Did you get a reply yet?

Thanks

thevar
India

Home Office Atlas Notification

Post by thevar » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:56 pm

Hello everyone,

I submitted by ILR application and attended biometrics. Subsequent to that, I received an enquiry from home.office.atlas@notifications.service.gov.uk. However, when I respond to that email, I receive the following error:

Delivery Status Notification (Failure)
Address not found
Your message wasn't delivered to home.office.atlas@notifications.service.gov.uk because the domain notifications.service.gov.uk couldn't be found. Check for typos or unnecessary spaces and try again.

Am I doing anything wrong? I checked the email id multiple times for any self-introduced error, typo or spaces on my draft email, but could not find any. I replied to the mail multiple times, but I get the same result :(

Request your help and advice.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Home Office Atlas Notification

Post by zimba » Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:42 pm

thevar wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:56 pm
Hello everyone,

I submitted by ILR application and attended biometrics. Subsequent to that, I received an enquiry from home.office.atlas@notifications.service.gov.uk. However, when I respond to that email, I receive the following error:

Delivery Status Notification (Failure)
Address not found
Your message wasn't delivered to home.office.atlas@notifications.service.gov.uk because the domain notifications.service.gov.uk couldn't be found. Check for typos or unnecessary spaces and try again.

Am I doing anything wrong? I checked the email id multiple times for any self-introduced error, typo or spaces on my draft email, but could not find any. I replied to the mail multiple times, but I get the same result :(

Request your help and advice.

What type of enquiries ? That email address seems to be a no-reply email address, meaning you cannot reply to it because their servers are configured for ONLY outbound mail. It is only used to send out email notifications to applicants when no response is expected