ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application Problem- please clarify

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Abin92
Newly Registered
Mood:

ILR application Problem- please clarify

Post by Abin92 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:19 pm

Hi All,
I am in process of filling my ILR application form SET(O) 5year route.

I came across this question.

Do you or anyone else who is part of this application receive any public funds ? 

Problem: Currently I am holding Tier2General visa by mistake and unintentionally, I claimed child benefits for my child who born in UK in April. I claimed for four months. Now I noticed that child benefit comes under public fund. I dont know what should to do.  Do I want to cancel the child benefit before applying the ILR ? Or should I mention in the application about the public fund "YES" and show the payment bank statements and write a cover letter saying mistakenly/unintentionally claimed the child benefit?

Please clarify. Would like to discuss about my problem. Pls help me.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: ILR application Problem- please clarify

Post by Ticktack » Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:48 am

Abin92 wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:19 pm
Hi All,

Do you or anyone else who is part of this application receive any public funds ? 

Problem: Currently I am holding Tier2General visa by mistake and unintentionally, I claimed child benefits for my child who born in UK in April. I claimed for four months. Now I noticed that child benefit comes under public fund. I dont know what should to do.  Do I want to cancel the child benefit before applying the ILR ? Or should I mention in the application about the public fund "YES" and show the payment bank statements and write a cover letter saying mistakenly/unintentionally claimed the child benefit?

It's a grave mistake to make. There's very little conditions written on you BRP. But the one clearly written is that "you do not have access to PF".
You should have made extensive enquiries before you dipped your hands into that cookie jar.

Not sure you have any other option than to fess up. It would be discovered anyways and the ramifications could be worse. Not looking good as it currently stands, but it could easily go down south real fast.

To put it bluntly, expect the worst and hope for the best.

Ignorance is no excuse.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:50 am

Abin92 wrote:
Hi All,

You don't state what your nationality is? Could you confirm this first please.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:25 pm

Abin92 wrote:
Hi All,

If you fess up to the taxman and put plan in place for refund should not be an hassle

Abin92
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Abin92 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:55 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:50 am
Abin92 wrote:
Hi All,

You don't state what your nationality is? Could you confirm this first please.
India

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:57 am

You must cancel the Child benefit immediately and pay it back. You are not one of the nationalities that has a reciprocal agreement with the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.