ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born outside 8 years in uk

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Rud

Child born outside 8 years in uk

Post by Rud » Sat May 27, 2023 8:55 pm

Dear Advisor

My spouse had obtained citizenship few years ago and me and my child (14 years old) are in FLR M visa valid until apr 2024. We have competed 8 years in uk in different dependant visa categories and recently in flr M

My friend had suggested that my child is now eligible for ILR under new rule changes in 2022. Pls advise if my child can apply ilr irrespective of immigration statuses of both parents ? I’m not eligible for ilr until 2025.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Child born outside 8 years in uk

Post by zimba » Sat May 27, 2023 9:10 pm

I am afraid not as the child needs to have been granted leave under the private life rules: indefinite-leave-to-remain/new-visa-ilr ... l#p2073255

The child will settle with you in 2025
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Rud

Post by Rud » Sat May 27, 2023 9:29 pm

Thank you Zimba .

As per the new changes in 2022 for child ILR elgiblity says,

A child applicant who spend 7 years continuously in uk and gained permission to live on private life can now apply for ILR after 5 years.

I couldn’t understand on what scenario this
7 + 5 = 12 year settlement is required for child when 10 year route for settlement is already available.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat May 27, 2023 9:49 pm

A child only qualifies for ilr under the new rule if they hold an flr for private life visa etc. Your child does not hold such a category visa.

FLR M is not a private life route visa.

Your child will qualify for ilr when the other parent does or if and when the reach 10 years long residence in 2025 and meet all the long residence requirements including absence limit.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun May 28, 2023 1:03 am

Rud wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 9:29 pm
A child applicant who spend 7 years continuously in uk and gained permission to live on private life can now apply for ILR after 5 years.
Agrees with Zimba and CR001.

PL 14.1.
An applicant who has, or last had, permission to stay on the private life route as a child, or young adult who met the half-life test under PL 4.1, must have lived in the UK for a continuous qualifying period of 5 years with permission as set out in PL 14.3 or 14.4.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun May 28, 2023 1:12 am

Rud wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 9:29 pm
Thank you Zimba .

As per the new changes in 2022 for child ILR elgiblity says,

I couldn’t understand on what scenario this
7 + 5 = 12 year settlement is required for child when 10 year route for settlement is already available.
Min 7 years being present in the UK but the last 5 years must have been under the private life route. Note that your child is under the family route, hence they will not qualify
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice