ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(M) Questions on specific requirements

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Lamassu
Newly Registered
Iraq

SET(M) Questions on specific requirements

Post by Lamassu » Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:05 pm

Dear forums members and moderators,

My wife and our Dependant Child are in the process of submitting a SET(M) application this week. We have a few questions and would appreciate your views:

1) My wife's current passport covers the last 7 years which includes the 5 years for the SET(M) root. However, she has been in the UK earlier than that as a student. She has no access to her previous passport because it was not returned to her by the USA Embassy in London. Meanwhile, the form SET(M) form asks for "All previous passports, travel documents or national identity cards that *** has used to travel to or remain in the UK". What could be a good course of action in this case? e.g., a cover letter quoting the old passport number?

2) We recall for FLT(M) we submitted a proof of address for our Dependant Child (a letter from the NHS did the job). I recall we did this after reading about it on these forums. Is this required for SET(M)? I do not see it mentioned as a requirement in the form. Your experience, please?

3) My wife has another passport that she literally never used to travel to the UK (or any other country for that matter). She always shared her second nationality and passport number, but never needed to submit a copy. From your experience, is it a good decision to stick to the requirement and not submit a copy because after all the requirements for all passwords say "used to travel to or remain in the UK".

Thank you for your time, and looking forward to your replies,

zimba
Mood:

Re: SET(M) Questions on specific requirements

Post by zimba » Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:32 pm

1. Only passports used in the last 5 years should be covered. The family route has no absence limits, so travel history is not even important.
2. Proof of address is not needed
3. That passport is not required at all. Simply declaring the second nationality is enough
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Lamassu
Newly Registered
Iraq

Re: SET(M) Questions on specific requirements

Post by Lamassu » Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:00 pm

Thank you for the reply Zimba,
I want to confirm for the benefit of other applicants with similar questions that our application was approved with no issues.