ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite Leave to Remain without BRP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

motion87
Newly Registered

Indefinite Leave to Remain without BRP

Post by motion87 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:32 am

I obtained approval for my Indefinite Leave to Remain last year, but it was granted without a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) through the 5-year refugee route. When I reached out to the Home Office, they informed me that BRPs are no longer being issued, as the new system for verifying residency status is now online.

Recently, I booked a flight to Amsterdam with Easyjet, but I faced refusal to board the flight at the gate. The airline staff were extremely difficult, insisting that if I possess a travel document, I must present my residence card in order to travel. I explained to them that the Home Office no longer issues BRPs and showed them my residency status online, but they refused to accept it and insisted that without a physical BRP card, I would not be allowed to board the flight.

As a result, I was unable to go on my holiday, and the experience was a complete nightmare. Has anyone else encountered this issue before? I've never faced this problem with any other airline. I've heard that Easyjet is known for targeting and causing difficulties for individuals with travel documents. It's incredibly unfair how Easyjet has come up with these rules, especially since I have never been asked to show a residence card when flying out of the country. This situation is truly absurd. How am I supposed to show my card when the new system no longer issues BRPs? I attempted to apply for a BRP card, but the website clearly states, "You cannot obtain a BRP if you use the 'UK Immigration: ID Check' app to verify your identity when applying to stay in the UK. Instead, you must prove your right to live and work in the UK online."

vinny

Re: Indefinite Leave to Remain without BRP

Post by vinny » Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:22 am

This is a known problem with a digital status system.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.