ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Single parent/Child ILR Through 5 years route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Damzek
Newly Registered
Jamaica

Employment letter for ILR application via skilled worker route

Post by Damzek » Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:12 pm

Hi

1) I currently received my employment letter for ILR application. However, my employer didn't put any date on the. Can I still use it for my application?

2) I have renewed my passport recently. Do I need to submit a copy of previous passport with all it's pages?

Thank you for your support with this

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Employment letter for ILR application via skilled worker route

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:39 am

Damzek wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:12 pm
Hi

1) I currently received my employment letter for ILR application. However, my employer didn't put any date on the. Can I still use it for my application? Official correspondence should have date on it even can be hand written.

2) I have renewed my passport recently. Do I need to submit a copy of previous passport with all it's pages? All passports with pages containing relevant UK immigration history should be scanned and uploaded.

Thank you for your support with this

Damzek
Newly Registered
Jamaica

Re: Employment letter for ILR application via skilled worker route

Post by Damzek » Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:24 am

Thank you so much. Have a great day

Damzek
Newly Registered
Jamaica

Single parent/Child ILR Through 5 years route

Post by Damzek » Fri May 24, 2024 1:34 pm

Hi

I relocated to the UK in 2019 on a skilled worker visa. My child joined me in the UK one year later at the age of 2. I am due ilr application August 2024. My child came on a dependent visa. I have been separated from the father before I left for the UK. Father lives in a different country. But, I assume under circumstantial situation, my child was granted the child dependent visa as the decision was for the child to live with me (as stated in the father's letter to the embassy for the child dependent visa). My mother looked after my child when I left for UK. I am solely responsible for my child - but no court order/document to support this. Only letters from her nursery, schools, gp and clubs in the UK could prove that i am solely responsible for my child. No contact from the father.

What's your best suggestion:

Can I apply for ilr for my child when I am applying for mine, without a letter from the father? My child has been in the UK now for 3 years and 2 months.

Or should I extend my child dependent visa after I apply for my ilr?

The father did submit a letter for my child dependent visa as his name is on the child's birth certificate. But since my child came in the UK, I have sole responsibility for her as he is not supporting the child.

Thank you for your response

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Single parent/Child ILR Through 5 years route

Post by zimba » Fri May 24, 2024 2:24 pm

If you can prove sole responsibility, you both can settle at the same time. Sole parental responsibility means that one parent has abdicated or abandoned parental responsibility, and the remaining parent is exercising sole control in setting and providing the day-to-day direction for the child’s welfare. Children do NOT have any minimum residence requirement for ILR and they can settle with a parent who has sole responsibility, in the same application

There are specific factors that will be considered in assessing sole responsibility:

•Whether the parents are married/in a civil partnership
•If the marriage/civil partnership is dissolved – which parent was awarded legal custody
•If the sponsoring parent has migrated to the UK – how long have they been separated from the child and what relationship they have with the child
•If the sponsoring parent has migrated to the UK, the nature of the child’s care arrangements before and after they migrated
•Who bears the child’s maintenance costs and at what proportion
•Who makes the important decisions about the child’s upbringing, for example, where the child lives, which school they attend, etc

Check out the 'Sole parental responsibility' section in this guide: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... tances.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Damzek
Newly Registered
Jamaica

Re: Single parent/Child ILR Through 5 years route

Post by Damzek » Fri May 24, 2024 5:34 pm

Thank you very. :)