ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

lost ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mikulas12
Newly Registered

lost ILR

Post by mikulas12 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:39 pm

Please could anyone tell me how I can obtain a replacement of ILR? Jobcentre plus sent me a letter stating I need to pay them £3000 back as they cannot accept the reference number of ILR - they need to see original document but did not accept the fact that my husband tore it to bits and threw it away when we were getting divorced. Home office simply refuse to issue a replacement - I am stuck in second gear and really don't know what to do. Please advise. Thank you very much, indeed!

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:23 pm

Did he tore up your passport containing the ILR?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mikulas12
Newly Registered

lost ILR

Post by mikulas12 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:16 am

ILR was issued as a separate document, not like visa in the passport (as a sticker)

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:34 pm

So was there nothing in your passport stating that you had ILR issued?

Could you apply for a release of your Home Office/UKBA records using the Freedom of Information Act?

mikulas12
Newly Registered

Post by mikulas12 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:56 pm

No, nothing in my passpport stating anything about issue of the ILR. The problem here is that none of the offices (jobcentre, city council) accepts anything but original ILR. They keep saying that if I lost the original, they can't help me. I really don't know what to do!

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:25 pm

Apply for No Time Limit to be put in your passport.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ukres ... opassport/

mikulas12
Newly Registered

Post by mikulas12 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:34 pm

Do you know how much it will cost and how long it will take to be issued? I am in a huge debt and don't know how to manage things at the moment so if they request another payment, I won't be able to bear it. Thank you for your advise!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:33 am

£165 by post £515 in person. It's not hard to find this info really u know...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....