ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help please, Applied for ILR more than 3 months ago!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

loltalk_1
Newly Registered

Urgent help please, Applied for ILR more than 3 months ago!!

Post by loltalk_1 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:46 pm

Dear my friends,

I applied for ILR SET-M on the 13th of July after 2 years FLR visa and until today my application isnt decided yet.
The HO keep requesting Doc's from me as a proof of address's and explain this and that for us.
I am married to someone has ILR since 2002 and she's a student nurse, just recently finished and got a job offer.
Is there any chance the HO can refuse me? I've been here since 2004, never overtstayed, never been outside the UK for more than 10 days.
This is stressing me out and I cant even find a job because I need my passport.
what do u think guys?

thank you in advance

joh118

Re: Urgent help please, Applied for ILR more than 3 months a

Post by joh118 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:54 pm

loltalk_1 wrote:Dear my friends,

I applied for ILR SET-M on the 13th of July after 2 years FLR visa and until today my application isnt decided yet.
The HO keep requesting Doc's from me as a proof of address's and explain this and that for us.
I am married to someone has ILR since 2002 and she's a student nurse, just recently finished and got a job offer.
Is there any chance the HO can refuse me? I've been here since 2004, never overtstayed, never been outside the UK for more than 10 days.
This is stressing me out and I cant even find a job because I need my passport.
what do u think guys?

thank you in advance
relax! It's normal, I've known people whose application took more than a year! 3 months is nothing. There is no reason to refuse you.

I call it the "UKBA waiting game"!

I'm sure you got a home office letter when you applied for your visas, use them to prove you can work here.

loltalk_1
Newly Registered

Hello joh118

Post by loltalk_1 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:59 pm

Dear joh118, thx 4 ur reply
well I had problem with the payment and they returned my application after 1 month saying make a fresh application.
that was in June and in July I made a new one and it was fine.
therefor I've lost the rights to work here, I've had loads of job offers and I did forward them to the HO to prove 4 them I am following their rules, does it count?
my wife supported me with letter saying that we still together and if u need any other information please contact us.
I am scared if they deport me!!!
any chance 4 them 2 refuse ILR based on marriage?

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:30 pm

How did you end up losing your right to work? Can you not use your existing visa to work? Your status is unchanged until you hear a result from the UKBA after all...

loltalk_1
Newly Registered

Hi drjabberwocky23

Post by loltalk_1 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:11 pm

I've ended up losing the rights to work because my 2nd valid application was made after my visa was expiered even though my 1st application was made b4 my visa was expiered..
my local MP wroe to the HO and they told him cases like that could take up to 6 months and i cant work unless my case is decided.
I had to quit the job which I just started and gave the HO proof of that, does it count 4 them?

thx a lot

loltalk_1
Newly Registered

hi

Post by loltalk_1 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:02 pm

my friends no1 has an answer 4 me?....

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:43 am

See also JR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mrlookforward
BANNED

Re: hi

Post by mrlookforward » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:11 am

loltalk_1 wrote:my friends no1 has an answer 4 me?....
they would have returned you first application as "invalid" because of non payment of fess.

you then applied again with correct fee but this time your application was out of time.

so you correctly say that you lost your right to work, and unfortunately there is nothing at all you can do about it until your pending application is granted.

i dont think that your out of time application due to first invalid application would have an adverse impact on your current application. i am sure that they wont refuse you just for the reason that you applied out of time.

loltalk_1
Newly Registered

hi

Post by loltalk_1 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:44 pm

Hi mrlookforward, how r u my friend?
well thanks for the answer, I am not worried because my application was late, my 1st application was on time, never overstayed and never broke their rules.
wot i am worried about is they keep asking me about this and that, like send us proof of address between 01/08 until 08/09 and i already told them before I marry my wife and get my FLR set m visa that we wont live together now because she's a student nurse and they accepted me.
wot i am worried about can they deport me? as some1 married, and if my case is refused can i appeal? cuz my case was submited outside their time scale.
sorry mate but u know how stressing it is when ur waiting and u cant work nd u cant do anything.

regards

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:38 pm

Are you saying that you havent lived with your wife since you were granted flr (m)?

If that is the case and you have informed them about this then your application will not be granted. flr (m) is given to someone to enable them to live with their spouse and not just for the reason that they are the spouse of a person present and settled in UK.

If your application is refused, then you wont have a right of appeal as you didnt have a valid leave to remain when you applied for ILR.

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:39 pm

Are you saying that you havent lived with your wife since you were granted flr (m)?

If that is the case and you have informed them about this then your application will not be granted. flr (m) is given to someone to enable them to live with their spouse and not just for the reason that they are the spouse of a person present and settled in UK.

If your application is refused, then you wont have a right of appeal as you didnt have a valid leave to remain when you applied for ILR.

loltalk_1
Newly Registered

Hello

Post by loltalk_1 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:51 pm

Hi mrlookforward

no this isnt the case.
when I've been granted FLR we were living toghether but in the last year my wife had to stay at her mum's address because she's a student and she had to attend trainings from NHS, the home office has no problem with that because they never told me its a problem, even my wife wrote them a letter along with her recent job offer from NHS and she told them when i get CRB check and nursing pin number we will move together.
I sent the HO proofs of my previous addresses.
is it more clear now?

thx

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:01 pm

I think we shall wait for an expert to comment before coming to a conclusion.

But as far as I know, FLR (M) is given to someone for them to be able to live with their spouse, so there is no requirement for the couple to be living together before flr(M) is granted.

ILR(M) is granted when someone has been living with thier spouse for 2 years, and he was granted flr(m) to live with that spouse.

loltalk_1
Newly Registered

hello

Post by loltalk_1 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:23 pm

Hi again

when I applied for FLR i've told the HO that me and my wife will move to live together in Aug/Sep and they granted me the FLR, that was in May 2007.
in Aug 2007 we moved to live together and because her uni is 2 hours drive from where we live she told the home office that I moved to my mum's address and i meet my husband every thurs until sunday.
she wrote a letter for them and i've sent the HO letter to show that she was living with me such a council tax bills, credit cards and phone bills

wot do u think?