ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

------Help information required - ILR SET (M)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gulyana786
BANNED

------Help information required - ILR SET (M)

Post by gulyana786 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:11 am

Hi All,

Thanks very much for your time. Its very helpfull platform for immigration related information. I need you guys to help me out. I'm about to apply for ILR - SET (M). At the moment I'm on spouse visa which expires by the end of december.

I need following information regarding ILR - SET (M) documents. Please check this out and advise for further details:

1. How much monthly earning I should show from my side and my mrs side? ( I'm working full time - 1500 net per month and my wife on part time 350 net per month).

2. Payslips for 3months or 6months?
3. How do I divide 6 letters on two years?
4. I've life in uk pass certificate
5. Shall I apply by hand (same day service) or by post?
6. We live in shared property. Shall I mention on contract that We are living in shared property?
7. How much balance should be in my bank account?

Waiting for help.

Kind Regards,

Gulyana786 :roll:
Last edited by gulyana786 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:37 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:48 am

The focus for SET(M) as spouse isn't on finance...as long as you are supporting yourselves. There is no 'minimum balance' required in your bank account. The Home Office want to see that your relationship is continuing and that you are living together.
Spread the documents as evenly as possible over the full 2 years. They need to be from 3 different sources. If the 6 aren't in joint names then include extra in single names.
You may have left it too late to get an appointment to apply in person, unless you're lucky and get a cancelled slot. If you do apply in person, the checking office likes to see more than the 6 (don't ask me why) and will select which ones they want.
Preferably 6 months pay slips, 3 months bank statements.
You're clear about the qualifying date for your application?

gulyana786
BANNED

Post by gulyana786 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:51 pm

Thanks Casa for your help. Could you please explain me about qualifying date? Does it mean two year spouse visa? :D

Can I apply ILR set (m) 28 days before expiry of spouse visa?

Could you please also tell me what kind of questions they can ask from us?

Kind Regards,

Gulyana786

Danbrix

Post by Danbrix » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:56 am

gulyana786 wrote:Can I apply ILR set (m) 28 days before expiry of spouse visa?
Not necessarily, you will qualify to apply for ILR 28 days before the end of your two-year probation period and this starts the date when you arrived in the UK.
I'm on spouse visa which expires by the end of december.
If you didn't delay your journey to the United Kingdom by months after the date you received your visa, then I think you would be OK to apply now.

There is also lots of information on the UKBA website under Completing application form SET(M).

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:59 am

You can apply no earlier than 28 days before the 2nd anniversary of the date you first entered the UK on your 2 year visa...but before the visa expires.
If this is confusing, post the visa issue date and the date you arrived in the UK and I'll work it out for you.
If you're applying in person you won't actually be 'interviewed' as such...they will simply check your documents, select the ones they want, copy them and return the originals...and in 90% of cases make a decision there and then.

gulyana786
BANNED

Post by gulyana786 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:23 pm

Dear Casa and friends many thanks for your time and valueable suggestions for me. Let me give you some more details than I'll ask you some more questions.

There we go,

I came to UK in dec 2003 on student visa. My wife is british/american citizen (HOLDs BOTH PASPORTS). In feb 2006 she came permanently from USA to UK. Since feb 2006 we are living together. We got married in March 2006. I convert my student visa into spouse visa in december 2007. During that time I was on study visa. Now after 2 year this spouse visa is expiring by the end of december 2009.

In the light of above I've following questions for you guys:

1. As I said she came in uk in feb 2006, Does homeoffice object on her status that before 2006 she was not living in uk so I can not qualify for ILR?

2. Though we are living permanently together in uk but she regularly visits USA to see her parients. Sometimes she goes for weeks sometime she goes for days. Most of time we go together. Will homeoffice ask or objects on her temporary absence or visits?

3. I,ve lots of evidences and letters that we are living together since 2006. There letters are like Joint bank account's statement, her/mine single bank account's statements, our driving licences, Joint name on BT, GAS, UTILITIES BILLS, P60's, payslips, letters from Inland Revenue, NHS medical cards. Are these enough to show?

4. Since 2006 to now (dec 2009) we lived at 4 different addresses.
On first address we lived 2years, 2nd 6months, 3rd 6months and now on 4th address we have 1 year contract that will expire in Oct 2010. Some of them are joint named contracts and some are single.
Shall I bring all contract agreements when I go in person for ILR?

5. Our current addres where we are living now have my name on contract. Will that be a problem or shall I add her name on contact as well?

6. On most recent contract all bill are inclusive in rent because its shared property by two familys (my family + my friends family ) so rent is divided into two parts average 370.00 per family. Will that be a problem? Though I have joint name on bt bill, internet bill, bank statment etc.

7. My all letters (joint and single named) are on 4 different addresses. Will that be a problem?

I'll waiting for your reply. Many thanks friends for your time and valuable suggestions and opinions.

Kind Regards,

Gulyana786

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:15 am

I dont think it matters that your wife came to the UK in 2006, actually i dont think they will even know that unless you volunteer the infor. If it was an issue it would have come up when you applied for the initial spouse visa.

You have been eligible to apply for ILR since the end of Nov (28 days before 2nd anniversary of issue of your in country approved leave to remain) and because your visa expires end of this month i suggest you look at sending it in the next couple of days. As already pointed out you are probably too late now to find an appointment and so you will have to post or use solicitors or 'agents'.

with regards to documentation i think you to provide as much as possible covering the 2year period of your spouse visa

VRM
Newly Registered

Post by VRM » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:06 pm

My wife's 2 year spouse visa is expiring on 12th Jan 2010, and she has an appointment on 5th Jan for ILR -- SET(M). It should be straightforward, but I have very few letters in our joint name, mainly because all the household utility bills are in my name. Can you please give me some suggestions of what other documents I can take to prove we have been living together for the past 2 years. For example:
1. Our individual UK driving licenses show the same address. Are these acceptable?
2. Somebody suggested a letter from the GP saying we are both registered at the surgery
Any other suggestions please, and how many such letters will they be looking for?

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:22 pm

The minimum is 6 documents from at least 3 different sources, spread as evenly as possible over the full 2 years. However, if you're applying in person, for some unknown (and odd) reason, they prefer to see more than this. Take additional documents in single names... a TV licence for example is only ever in a single name. They like medical letters (a letter from the doctor would be good). Insurance, driving licences, membership cards. Take as much as you can find and they will select what they want.

gulyana786
BANNED

Post by gulyana786 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:41 am

DEAR CASA AND FRIENDS,

COULD YOU PLZ ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS ?

I came to UK in dec 2003 on student visa. My wife is british/american citizen (HOLDs BOTH PASPORTS). In feb 2006 she came permanently from USA to UK. Since feb 2006 we are living together. We got married in March 2006. I convert my student visa into spouse visa in december 2007. During that time I was on study visa. Now after 2 year this spouse visa is expiring by the end of december 2009.

In the light of above I've following questions for you guys:

1. As I said she came in uk in feb 2006, Does homeoffice object on her status that before 2006 she was not living in uk so I can not qualify for ILR?

2. Though we are living permanently together in uk but she regularly visits USA to see her parients. Sometimes she goes for weeks sometime she goes for days. Most of time we go together. Will homeoffice ask or objects on her temporary absence or visits?

3. I,ve lots of evidences and letters that we are living together since 2006. There letters are like Joint bank account's statement, her/mine single bank account's statements, our driving licences, Joint name on BT, GAS, UTILITIES BILLS, P60's, payslips, letters from Inland Revenue, NHS medical cards. Are these enough to show?

4. Since 2006 to now (dec 2009) we lived at 4 different addresses.
On first address we lived 2years, 2nd 6months, 3rd 6months and now on 4th address we have 1 year contract that will expire in Oct 2010. Some of them are joint named contracts and some are single.
Shall I bring all contract agreements when I go in person for ILR?

5. Our current addres where we are living now have my name on contract. Will that be a problem or shall I add her name on contact as well?

6. On most recent contract all bill are inclusive in rent because its shared property by two familys (my family + my friends family ) so rent is divided into two parts average 370.00 per family. Will that be a problem? Though I have joint name on bt bill, internet bill, bank statment etc.

7. My all letters (joint and single named) are on 4 different addresses. Will that be a problem?

I'll waiting for your reply. Many thanks friends for your time and valuable suggestions and opinions.

Kind Regards,

Gulyana786

setm
BANNED

ILR - set m - Please experience Share with us

Post by setm » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:28 am

delet
Last edited by setm on Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

gulyana786
BANNED

Plz share your personal experience regarding ILR - SET M

Post by gulyana786 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:36 am

Hi,

Is there any friend who can share his or her experience with us regarding ILR Set M in person application with home office. :roll:

I will really appreciate for your words. Please share your experience and tell us as maximum as possible. Please also advise us that possible questions Home office ask if someone apply ILR Set M inperson. :roll:

Your response will highly be appreicated. :lol:

Thanks in advance for your help and time.
:roll:

setm
BANNED

Post by setm » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:59 am

Dear VRM,

DID YOU MANAGE TO GET LETTERS? PLZ ALSO PROVIDE FEED BACK AND SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE ONCE YOUR WIFE ATTANDS APPOINTMENT ON 5TH JAN 2010.

GOOD LUCK FRIEND

ALL THE BEST

SETM

kindley

Post by kindley » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:20 pm

setm wrote:Dear VRM,

DID YOU MANAGE TO GET LETTERS? PLZ ALSO PROVIDE FEED BACK AND SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE ONCE YOUR WIFE ATTANDS APPOINTMENT ON 5TH JAN 2010.

GOOD LUCK FRIEND

ALL THE BEST

SETM
I believe what is required on Set M is 6 letters and if possible attach other letters/document to support application.
Best of luck

VRM
Newly Registered

Post by VRM » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:59 pm

Dear setm and everybody else,
My wife's appointment is tomorrow and i will let you know how it went. I have gathered as many documents/letters as possible including the following:
1. A letter from the GP saying that we have been registered at the surgery
2. Council tax bills for the last 2 years -- one of the few letters we have in joint names
3. Driving licences (both parts)
4. Mortgage approval letter from the bank -- as this was also in joint names
5. Before we bought a house we were renting, so she is taking the tenency agreement which was in joint names.
I am basically sending a whole file full of documents/letters with her. Will let you know the outcome.

kindley

Post by kindley » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:55 pm

VRM wrote:Dear setm and everybody else,
My wife's appointment is tomorrow and i will let you know how it went. I have gathered as many documents/letters as possible including the following:
1. A letter from the GP saying that we have been registered at the surgery
2. Council tax bills for the last 2 years -- one of the few letters we have in joint names
3. Driving licences (both parts)
4. Mortgage approval letter from the bank -- as this was also in joint names
5. Before we bought a house we were renting, so she is taking the tenency agreement which was in joint names.
I am basically sending a whole file full of documents/letters with her. Will let you know the outcome.
Good luck.!
Always Seek Further Opinion (ASFO)

setm
BANNED

Post by setm » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:28 pm

VRM wrote:.

Many Thanks VRM! FOR YOUR REPLY.

I wish you good luck. Hopefully tomorrow I'll hear a good news from you.

Hope for the best.

Kind Regards,

Setm
Last edited by setm on Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

VRM
Newly Registered

Post by VRM » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:17 pm

My wife got her ILR without any problem today. We had taken a whole file full of documents/letters, but they focussed on the council tax bills, mortgage approval letter from the the bank and our tenancy agreement. They also wanted my wifes pay slips and P60 which she had.

Thanks to all for your advice.

setm
BANNED

Post by setm » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:30 pm

VRM wrote:My wife got her ILR without any problem today. We had taken a whole file full of documents/letters, but they focussed on the council tax bills, mortgage approval letter from the the bank and our tenancy agreement. They also wanted my wifes pay slips and P60 which she had.

Thanks to all for your advice.
Congratsssssss VRM. Great News.

Well done.
Last edited by setm on Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

kindley

Re: Help''''''''ILR SET (M) Information Required? Help''''''

Post by kindley » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:31 pm

gulyana786 wrote:Hi All,

Thanks very much for your time. Its very helpfull platform for immigration related information. I need you guys to help me out. I'm about to apply for ILR - SET (M). At the moment I'm on spouse visa which expires by the end of december.

I need following information regarding ILR - SET (M) documents. Please check this out and advise for further details:

1. How much monthly earning I should show from my side and my mrs side? ( I'm working full time - 1500 net per month and my wife on part time 350 net per month).

2. Payslips for 3months or 6months?
3. How do I divide 6 letters on two years?
4. I've life in uk pass certificate
5. Shall I apply by hand (same day service) or by post?
6. We live in shared property. Shall I mention on contract that We are living in shared property?
7. How much balance should be in my bank account?

Waiting for help.

Kind Regards,

Gulyana786 :roll:
The way I understand it is that SET(M) focuses on your relationship and evidence that it's subsisting. It doesn't matter how much you have in your account as long as you have enough to look after yourself,your dependants and enought for accommodation.

Spread the letters over 2 years.
Always Seek Further Opinion (ASFO)

VRM
Newly Registered

Post by VRM » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:31 pm

Hi Setm,

Thanks for your kind words. Answers to your queries are as follows:

1. I accompanied my wife but I did not accompany her to the interview window. The case officer only asked her a few questions and did not ask to meet me.
2. Both of us are working full time. I suppose they want to know if your income is adequate to support yourselves. From the figures you quote you should be ok.
3. We took payslips for 6 months to be on the safe side.
4. We have separate bank acocunts. I dont think its important what the balance is. What they will see is you incomings and outgoings. As long as you dont have a huge overdraft you should be ok.
5. I thinks they picked around 8 letters to photocopy and keep for their records.
6. We had a 9am appointment and my wife got back her passport around 2.30
7. Overall the experience was very good. We had no problems at all.
8. Take as many documents as possible. Ensure that the documents cover the whole 2 years. Taking payslips and bank stratements is very important.

Hope this helps

setm
BANNED

Post by setm » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:51 pm

[quote="VRM"][/quote]

Kind Regards,

Sorry for disturbance

Setm
Last edited by setm on Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

VRM
Newly Registered

Post by VRM » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:29 am

Dear Setm,
For the first 18 months we were renting, for which they asked to see the tenency agreement. 6 months ago we bough our place, for which we showed the mortgage approval letter from the bank.

motoslcross
Newly Registered

Post by motoslcross » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:22 pm

dear VRM

i have been following this forum and your experience etc here.
i will be applying later this month and i would like to ask you
what questions did the officer ask your partner?
as in what type of questions were they. Were they regarding the address etc.

thank you

setm
BANNED

Post by setm » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:02 pm

VRM wrote:Dear Setm,
For the first 18 months we were renting, for which they asked to see the tenency agreement. 6 months ago we bough our place, for which we showed the mortgage approval letter from the bank.

Many Thanks VRM.
I've appointment next month. Wish me good luck.

Kind Regards,

Setm