ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

------Help information required - ILR SET (M)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

VRM
Newly Registered

Post by VRM » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:52 pm

Hi motoslcross
To be honest the case officer did not ask too many questions to my wife. He just asked her where she was working. Apart from that he spent all the time examining her documents in detail and photocopying them. Sorry I can not be of much more help!

sameer9966

Post by sameer9966 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:22 pm

Hi all,

I AM HAVING PROBLEM WITH 2YRS LETTERS/DOCUMENTS, ALTHOUGH
WE WAS LIVING TOGETHER MY WIFE HAS MORE THAN 6 PROOFS ONLY FOR 1YR.

PLEASE ADVICE,
THX

khan786786
Newly Registered

Post by khan786786 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:05 pm

Hi all,

Thanks for the valuable information you all have been sharing on this thread. I also have a query about ILR - SET(M) which we will be applying for next month in person.

Me and my wife have been living at a property for a period of two years which is owned by myself only and the morgtage is only on my name as well. We havent paid any council tax as there was a student renting in our property and we provided her student letter to council and we were exempt.

I would realy like to know if this will cause any major problem with my visa renewal. Just to inform you that we have following documents delivered to the address where we have been living:

- Joint Bank statment for past two years
- Our licences, log books and car insurance papers.

- Bank statement on my mrs name for past 18 months(some on her maiden name)
- Water bill on my mrs name for past 18months(some on her maiden name)

- Electric bill on my name for past 2 years
- Internet/telephone bill on my name for past 2 years

Over a period of two years we have been on several holidays/trips which didnt include leaving the country for more then two weeks at any one time. We have plenty of photos to attach as evidence and also we have a baby and were thinking of attaching her birth certificate/passport.

I will be very grateful if moderators and experts can confirm if the above documents will be sufficient to satisfy home office that we have been living together? or do we need to provide any other documents?

Many thanks in advance,
Khan.

[/quote]

setm
BANNED

Post by setm » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:27 pm

Hi Khan,

I've appointment next month well. The documents you mentioned above are allright. If you dont have council tax letter than dont mention it. In case HO ask than tell them you dont have council tax letter. But I'm sure they will not ask about council tax letters as you have lots of other letters. Basically they are interested to see 6 to 8 letters from 3 different sources. So you will be ok.

Hope for the best.

Good Luck.

Setm

setm
BANNED

Post by setm » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:35 pm

Hi Sameer9966,

If you only managed to arrange 1yr doc and letters than you have to explain the reason to HO for missing period. If the reason is strong HO will be fine otherwise you have to convince them you are living together as husband and wife from last two years.

All the best.

Setm

setm
BANNED

rely:

Post by setm » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:11 am

zaheer145

Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:33 pm Post subject: REsponse

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for not replying earlier. I was away on holiday and have just got back.

The answer to your questions:

1. Did you applied you ILR (SET-M) inperson or by post?
I applied via person. However, when I attended my appointment, the case worker required additional documents and there I think my application was downgraded to a fast track postal application (fast tract because I paid the additional fees for the in-person appointment.

2. If applied inperson, what main documents did you prepared/submited?
- The applicaiton form, marriage certificate, passports, lots of post addressed to yourself and your wife (I didnt have enough of these and hence my application could not be decided on the day).

3. If applied inperson, What questions did home office asked you and your wife?
- No questions as such. They only ask to see post addressed to yourself and your wife for the entire 2 year period. ie, post addressed to both of you for the ENTIRE 2 years (not every month, but every 3rd month).

4. If applied by post what documents did you send out?
- didnt apply via post.

5. How much bank balance should I declare in my bank?
- I dont think this is necessarily very important for a Set-M application.

6. How many and What kind of letters did you submit?
- Post addressed to each of us. The origin doesnt necessarily matter.

7. Any recomendations for me?
- Ensure you take more post addressed to both of you than the 6 required on the application form.

our india
BANNED

Re: rely:

Post by our india » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:04 pm

setm wrote:zaheer145

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I applied via person. However, when I attended my appointment, the case worker required additional documents and there I think my application was downgraded to a fast track postal application (fast tract because I paid the additional fees for the in-person appointment.

- The applicaiton form, marriage certificate, passports, lots of post addressed to yourself and your wife (I didnt have enough of these and hence my application could not be decided on the day).

- No questions as such. They only ask to see post addressed to yourself and your wife for the entire 2 year period. ie, post addressed to both of you for the ENTIRE 2 years (not every month, but every 3rd month).

- didnt apply via post.

- Ensure you take more post addressed to both of you than the 6 required on the application form.

Very good feedback from Zaheer145 and setm.

Rgds,

Our India

HMRC

Post by HMRC » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:44 pm

our india wrote:

- didnt apply via post.

Rgds,

Our India

Hi,

Thanks for all information. Me and my partner are working part time and by the end of this month I am apply for set m ILR. My husband is british.

Is there anybody who can advise about our earnings? Our total earning per month is 1200.00 (net) and our spending is 800.00. We are not on any type of benifit at the moment. Will HO satisfy on this sort of earnings?

Plz advise?

Thanks for your time.

HMRC

Post by HMRC » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:53 pm

HMRC wrote:
our india wrote:

- didnt apply via post.

Rgds,

Our India

Hi,

Thanks for all information. Me and my partner are working part time and by the end of this month I am apply for set m ILR. My husband is british.

Is there anybody who can advise about our earnings? Our total earning per month is 1200.00 (net) and our spending is 800.00. We are not on any type of benifit at the moment. Will HO satisfy on this sort of earnings?

Plz advise?

Thanks for your time.

Anybody Help Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz?

helpme1234
Newly Registered

Help - SET (M)

Post by helpme1234 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:28 pm

Hi

Currently in the process of applying for settlement as we are coming towards the end of our 2 years.

In terms of the documents we need to supply - we have only a joint bank account which has both our names. Other than that every other doucments really are in individual names.

The documents we have are;

Medical card
Car insurance
Telephone line
Bank statements
Hospital letter
Housing rent
Pay slip
HMRC letter

- They are all addressed to us individually, but same address

Is that sufficient? As most of the documents are individual documents like the medical card etc how nd what is the best way to spread documents dated over the last 2 years. Honestly, apart from out joint bank acc we have never needed anything to be in joint names.

Also is there any specific information required, when it asks to outline household expenses?