ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In-Person ILR experience - 128 days single stretch absence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MUGHALL
Newly Registered

In-Person ILR experience - 128 days single stretch absence

Post by MUGHALL » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:08 pm

Hi to all Forum Members

First of all I would like to thank all respected forum members for sharing their valuable ILR experiences. I & my family have been granted ILR recently and I want to share my in-person experience as well:

Applicable ILR Route:
HSMP JR with 1 year initial visa & 4 years extension

Applicant Details:
Main Applicant + Wife + 3 Children under 18 years (4 Dependents) Dependents joined the main applicant in the UK ten months before submission of ILR application. Only the main applicant attended the PEO appointment and dependents were not required to attend when I was told by the UKBA person on phone booking 6 weeks ago

Documents Submitted:
Documents submitted for Initial application check by PEO person for a valid application who stamped after detailed checking thereafter. Applicable payment made on next counter through VISA Debit Card after application stamped as VALID
ILR SET(O) Application with 2+8 photographs
Five Valid Passports + One previous Passport (Main Applicant)
Original HSMP Approval Letter
Spouse Authority Letter to be represented by the main applicant
Current Employer Reference Letter
Last 12 months Pay Slips
Last 12 months Bank Statements
Last 4 years P60s
Previous Employer’s employment letter
Marriage Certificate + Latest Elect & Gas Bill showing spouse name
applicant as well for her address proof + Electoral Enrolment address
proof
Latest Council Tax Statement and paid Credit Card Bill

Caseworker Experience:
After payment made, Caseworker called my ticket number. I handed over all documents listed above to the caseworker. After going through, he returned all documents to me saying no need for them except the following which he photocopied and returned as well

ILR SET(O) Application with 1+4 photographs
Five Valid Passports
Original HSMP Approval Letter
Spouse Authority Letter to be represented by the main applicant
Current Employer Reference Letter
Last 3 months Pay Slips
Last 3 months Bank Statements

The case worker then responded after photocopying the above required documents and said YES we are granting you and your family an ILR from the date you are eligible. Note down that I completed 4 years qualifying period on 12th December 2009 and appeared in PEO on 21st January 2010. He also gave letters to each member of the family describing start date of ILR as of 12th of December 2009 to help benefit naturalisation process period count from 12th of December 2009

128 Days Absence:
As I have mentioned in one of my previous post on the forum, my one and the only 128 days absence in one stretch in 4 years was a combination of family visit + official work. That also includes two travel days and one bank holiday. I clearly mentioned dates of leaving & entering the UK on the relevant section of the application with purpose as “Family visit + Official work “ I was fully prepared to prove my official work part of absence as paid in the UK. I had all valid evidences to prove including employer letter etc.

Amazingly the caseworker had never asked any question about my absences period and I also kept silent on this issue. I would advice all forum readers to be fully prepared if someone has the same issue as it is entirely up to the caseworker. In my case he did not touch the absence section.

Final Comments:
Those who has ILR JR scenario, according to my understanding they can get ILR even though their dependents join them at a later stage. Absence greater than 90 days in one stretch should not be ignored anyway. I just luckily not questioned. At the end thanks to all forum members and good luck with their ILR

Best Regards
Mughal

bpandrate

Congrats

Post by bpandrate » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:25 pm

Hi Mughall

Congratulations on obtaing ur Ilr.well done mate.Could you tell me in which PEO u had appointment also impartently could you clearely tell me wether HO will check all doucuments and application before paying fee i mean wether they check if the candidate is eligible to apply at this ocassion or not ( as you mentioned a valid stam on appliction ).

As i wanted to apply soon but i guess i might be rejectd or granted its all on the day depending on the case worker, so i do not want to end up paying so much money if they say, am not qualified.

So kindly tell me if this checks happen in PEO at the biginnig stage of the interview, Many thanks.

MUGHALL
Newly Registered

Post by MUGHALL » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:02 pm

Thanks bpandrate

Glasgow PEO

Yes, you are told to pay only when your application alongwith all your supporting documents is initially checked and found correct. Actually one person makes intial checks and stamp the application as VALID if he satisfies with your application pack then ask you to proceed to payment counter and pay the applicable fee.

FYI initial checks only happen at the PEO at the biginnig stage and then you are asked to wait a casewoker calls you for the interview

I hope answer you queries :)

Mughal

coolwater267

Post by coolwater267 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:37 am

Congrats on getting ILR.
I am applying on 27th jan. I have few questions
Did your dependent take Life in UK test.

You mentioned alot of documents. Did they not see your P60 or You payslips for last 12 months. It means if I take 3 months payslips and 3 months bank statemts plus p60s I will be ok
Wat do u reckon,

Regards

Jk2007
BANNED

Post by Jk2007 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:18 am

MUGHALL,

Are there car parking space available near Glasgow PEO for applicants?

MUGHALL
Newly Registered

Post by MUGHALL » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:40 am

Hi coolwater

As per HSMP JR policy guidelines, main applicant as well as dependents do not need to undertake Life in UK test. Also in any case children under 18 years of age are exemted for this test.

At initial application check, the person asked what supporting documents I want to submit. I myself decided what documents I should handover and those I mentioned earlier. He did not ask about any perticular document. You are right you can take 3 months latest payslips and 3 months bank latest statemts plus p60s & I will be ok

There are plenty of parking space available on the streets in front of and adjascent to PEO Glasgow building

Mughal

gvamsimba

Post by gvamsimba » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:23 pm

Congrats on getting ILR, MUGHALL. I need to apply for ILR under the jurisdication rule of 4 years in this coming april. i have a question for you. My wife will only complete 16 months then and not 2 years in the UK.
So can we both get ILR at the same time this april under the
jurisdication rules ? Waiting for your reply..

Many Thanks

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Post by kiranchinnu » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:36 pm

gvamsimba wrote:Congrats on getting ILR, MUGHALL. I need to apply for ILR under the jurisdication rule of 4 years in this coming april. i have a question for you. My wife will only complete 16 months then and not 2 years in the UK.

Many Thanks
Hi gvasimba,

Yes you both can get ILR at same time.

gvamsimba

Post by gvamsimba » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:05 am

kiranchinnu wrote:
gvamsimba wrote:Congrats on getting ILR, MUGHALL. I need to apply for ILR under the jurisdication rule of 4 years in this coming april. i have a question for you. My wife will only complete 16 months then and not 2 years in the UK.

Many Thanks
Hi gvasimba,

Yes you both can get ILR at same time.
Thanks for the replykiran, so are you sure that the 2 years rule does not apply for the dependants under the HSMP JR rules while applying for ILR ?
did anybody get the ILR under these circumstances ?
Thanks

MUGHALL
Newly Registered

Post by MUGHALL » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:19 pm

Hi gvamsimba
Yes HSMP JR dependents are eligible to get ILR and two years rule does not apply to them
I also applied under HSMP JR and my dependents got ILR even though ther arrived in the UK ten months ago

No need to further worry about
Regards
Mughal

gvamsimba

Post by gvamsimba » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:22 pm

MUGHALL wrote:Hi gvamsimba
Yes HSMP JR dependents are eligible to get ILR and two years rule does not apply to them
I also applied under HSMP JR and my dependents got ILR even though ther arrived in the UK ten months ago

No need to further worry about
Regards
Mughal
Thanks for the confirmation Mughal..instead of taking risk in croydon where we need to pay the fees intially, do you think it is better for me to go to solihull , where i heard that they will will not deduct the fees until they are sure that we will get ILR.. what are you thoughts on that ?
any suggestions will be greatly appreciated..

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:21 am

Mughall, gvamsimba, coolwater267,

May I know if the vignette stamped in your spouse's passport at the time of Entry Clearance (from home country as HSMP dependents) says HSMP dependent or Tier 1 (General) dependent or something else? And, if you can still remember, did they use the VAF10 form or VAF2?

regards

web2005

Re: In-Person ILR experience - 128 days single stretch absen

Post by web2005 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:41 am

MUGHALL wrote:The case worker then responded after photocopying the above required documents and said YES we are granting you and your family an ILR from the date you are eligible. Note down that I completed 4 years qualifying period on 12th December 2009 and appeared in PEO on 21st January 2010. He also gave letters to each member of the family describing start date of ILR as of 12th of December 2009 to help benefit naturalisation process period count from 12th of December 2009
Congrats Mughall. Did you ask the case worker to grant you back dated ILR? I am due for ILR since August 2009. Do I have to request them to grant me ILR starting from August 2009 or is this their normal practice to back date the ILR?

gvamsimba

Post by gvamsimba » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:59 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Mughall, gvamsimba, coolwater267,

May I know if the vignette stamped in your spouse's passport at the time of Entry Clearance (from home country as HSMP dependents) says HSMP dependent or Tier 1 (General) dependent or something else? And, if you can still remember, did they use the VAF10 form or VAF2?

regards
HI Sushdmehta, my wife got it as Tier 1 Dependant and we used VAF2 form for it.

coolwp

Post by coolwp » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:05 am

Congrats mate for the success!
Just one query- Do they automatically stamp ILR from the day you are eligible or you need to ask that? What about postal application? TA