ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anyone able to get appointment after 22nd Mar

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Bhumi

Anyone able to get appointment after 22nd Mar

Post by Bhumi » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:52 pm

Hello,

Has anyone been able to get appointment online or over the phone for on or after 22nd mar.

I called HO, they advised appointment are only open until 9th Mar for now.
But i see online is already open for appointment, but it seems like online appointment booking is simply a formality...in reality it does not seem to work....

Many thanks

wunder
Member of Standing

Re: Anyone able to get appointment after 22nd Mar

Post by wunder » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:01 pm

Bhumi wrote:it seems like online appointment booking is simply a formality...in reality it does not seem to work....
It works, but it has an issue of allowing people to search for the dates that are not yet available (for example if the call centre people tell you that they have appointments only until 9th - they are correct and it will be the same for online booking, but regardless of reality online booking will allow you to search up to the end of March and obviously you won't find anything there).

kamalin10

Post by kamalin10 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:34 pm

so far (for last 3+ weeks) there was nothing online for March.
i've booked over the phone but i have no idea why on-line is blank.

Bhumi

Post by Bhumi » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:40 am

hi Kamal,

What day have you booked for march?

Thanks,

kamalin10

Post by kamalin10 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:05 am

hi

booked for 4th of March on 21st of Jan. called at 9am sharp.

but there was nothing in Croydon, so i've agreed to Liverpool. never been there anyway :D

Bhumi

Post by Bhumi » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:01 pm

Anyone with appointment on or after 22nd march???
Its unbelivable how HO phone bookings work..Called them at 9 am yesterday ..on hold for 15 min..finally when you actually do get through..no appointments available..I am surprised..If i call them in the morning..first thing..when they just started taking appointments for 23rd Mar..how can all the appointments be full in 15 min....

It's all for the solicitors...what liars...

vinseh

Post by vinseh » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:18 pm

Bhumi wrote:Anyone with appointment on or after 22nd march???
Its unbelivable how HO phone bookings work..Called them at 9 am yesterday ..on hold for 15 min..finally when you actually do get through..no appointments available..I am surprised..If i call them in the morning..first thing..when they just started taking appointments for 23rd Mar..how can all the appointments be full in 15 min....

Hi,

The online booking doesn't allow you to book more than 6 weeks in advance or in other words they are actually just showing the dates online but haven't started taking the bookings for later weeks. I booked mine for 18th March last friday. I have been 'sort of' following the way the online system operates and have found out that although you may see appointments by checking at random times too but the best time is friday evenings i.e. after 6-6:30 pm, you are bound to get your desired dates/times. They have been releasing loads of appointments on friday evenings lately. Try...

Good luck! :)

diago_nelson

Post by diago_nelson » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:34 pm

guys, I totally agree with vinseh & kamalin10!

I also got my appoint. on Fri. even., infact try every evening online after 5pm till 8pm Tue to Fri and you should get your appt.
also remember it only 6 weeks in advance for both online and phone bookings.

for phone bookings, you need to call @ 08:59:00 am sharp, you will be placed on a message for 2 min and then you will be diverted to a "General queue" and it should be fairly quick from there.
So don't worry and have lots of patience!
All the best !
vinseh wrote:
Bhumi wrote:Anyone with appointment on or after 22nd march???

Hi,

The online booking doesn't allow you to book more than 6 weeks in advance or in other words they are actually just showing the dates online but haven't started taking the bookings for later weeks. I booked mine for 18th March last friday. I have been 'sort of' following the way the online system operates and have found out that although you may see appointments by checking at random times too but the best time is friday evenings i.e. after 6-6:30 pm, you are bound to get your desired dates/times. They have been releasing loads of appointments on friday evenings lately. Try...

Good luck! :)

gulgon

Post by gulgon » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:36 am

Why are you having all this hassle to get an appointment. I didn't call home office once to apply.

I paid a solicitor who already had set appointments with home office to make my application. It was much easier...

coolwp

Post by coolwp » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:52 am

Why to pay these solicitors if our case is simple and straight forward? Already ILR fees is tooooo much :shock:

raja_no_1

Post by raja_no_1 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:51 pm

lots of family appointment available now. till 24-Mar.

Bhumi

Post by Bhumi » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:35 pm

Many thanks Raja...we just booked appointment for 23rd march...Thanks for your info

kamalin10

Post by kamalin10 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:49 pm

gulgon wrote:Why are you having all this hassle to get an appointment. I didn't call home office once to apply.

I paid a solicitor who already had set appointments with home office to make my application. It was much easier...
wanna pay for my solicitor too? :P

diago_nelson

Post by diago_nelson » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:30 pm

Your patience and perseverance paid off!
All the best for the interview!
Bhumi wrote:Many thanks Raja...we just booked appointment for 23rd march...Thanks for your info