ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HURRY GOT ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sabeeh
Newly Registered

HURRY GOT ILR

Post by sabeeh » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:39 pm

:D Thanks All respectful members of forum helping me and giving me good advice which was very helpful for me
from the start of the spouse visa step by step nd till now all information i got from this forum
this is the best forum which is helping peoples in there problems
My appoinment was 9 morning and i got pasport with ILR 12 noon
exp was very good all staff were very helpful
just a bit waiting at payment counter
it was very cold today even lil sprinkle of snow but inside was nice and warm
at second flore there is a coffe shop if any one dnt wana go out in this cold weather
so far my exp was good and i pray for every one
Bless You All

kindley

Re: HURRY GOT ILR

Post by kindley » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:15 pm

sabeeh wrote::D Thanks All respectful members of forum helping me and giving me good advice which was very helpful for me
from the start of the spouse visa step by step nd till now all information i got from this forum
this is the best forum which is helping peoples in there problems
My appoinment was 9 morning and i got pasport with ILR 12 noon
exp was very good all staff were very helpful
just a bit waiting at payment counter
it was very cold today even lil sprinkle of snow but inside was nice and warm
at second flore there is a coffe shop if any one dnt wana go out in this cold weather
so far my exp was good and i pray for every one
Bless You All
Congratulations!!! Well done.
Always Seek Further Opinion (ASFO)

paul4uinuk
Newly Registered

Post by paul4uinuk » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:36 pm

Congrats,

If it is Croydon PEO, you are lucky, Waiting time this afternoon went to 4 hours, they said operational delay, looks like under staffed.

However, got ILR

sabeeh
Newly Registered

Post by sabeeh » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:48 am

yes it was croyden and it was very fast service yesterday
yes u r rite i was lucky
Last edited by sabeeh on Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:50 am

Posts like that make me wish that they would introduce mandatory grammar/spelling tests for the ILR and citizenship :twisted: :lol:

kamalin10

Post by kamalin10 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:08 am

wunder

can't agree more :evil:
i think these days even chimps can get IELTS general 6.5 …

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:23 pm

wunder wrote:Posts like that make me wish that they would introduce mandatory grammar/spelling tests for the ILR and citizenship :twisted: :lol:
I couldn't agree more & am glad someone dared to say something I've been thinking for a long time. So much for the Life in UK test (whatever it's called) how about a verbal and written English test.

There you go, I've said it :twisted:

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:04 pm

To sabeeh

Just to let you know I wasn't having a go at you personally. I am genuinely pleased for you. But I'm sensitive to all this ILR process because it looks like I'm about to give up 17 years of life in this country because I can't survive my long wait for my ILR. Needless to say my opinions of the immigration process in this country have become very much contradictory to my own situation.

Congratulations and I hope you have a long happy life in the UK.

sabeeh
Newly Registered

Post by sabeeh » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:21 pm

kiwigirl25 thanks for best wishes i m sure one day yours problems will be solve happy days come soon you know in life if any body face difficulties its mean he or she will get beter life also the best thing is you are getting more exp then me the fealing you have i cant feal caz i m not in that i pray for you and all the people who are in any problem any where in the world for the best wishes and i dont mind what ever people say about my english they are still more respectful for me.even i have seen many people who born here and they dnt have much grammer and spelling english so what will happen to them?
will they also apear in life in the uk test lolzzz
well i m thinking to join any college to improve my breaking grammer and speling
:wink:

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:28 am

:shock:
It's like a stream of uninterrupted absurdity.

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:05 am

:shock:

I'll grab my coat...

kamalin10

Post by kamalin10 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:57 pm

sabeeh wrote: i have seen many people who born here and they dnt have much grammer and spelling english so what will happen to them?
will they also apear in life in the uk test lolzzz
You know what they say? Excuses are like armpits – everybody has them and they always stink ;)

There are more serious tests in life the KOL in the UK.
Been a foreigner in not an excuse for not speaking language and it brings bad reputation and shame on all ILR holders who worked hard to get it.

global gypsy

Post by global gypsy » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:01 pm

wunder & kiwigirl,

I've given up long ago! When you read some of the stuff that people write here, and then they tell you they are getting naturalised, you really wonder what the heck is going on!

Oh well...

fingerscrossed
Newly Registered

Post by fingerscrossed » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:33 pm

It really upsets and annoys me, at some of the very negative posts. Just because someone has managed to gain ILR when ENGLISH is clearly not their first language/native language does not give you the right to mock these people.

Are you able to speak/read/write another language just like some of our fellow posters. Just because their second language is not 100% perfect/fluent does not make them any different to you and I.

You are suggesting that the government introduce spelling, punctuation and grammer tests, well I am sugeting that the government also introduce attitude tests for people like you.

People improve with practice and experience. You should treat people fairly.

example:
I am a British Citizen born and bred in the UK. My wife happens to be foreign and also a highly qualified individual having studied at institutions such as the university of Oxford and holds Phd's in Physics and Economoics. Guess what??
her English is not perfect neither. Does that make her any different to you and I . I think not.

Some attitudes and behaviours most definately need to change on this forum. It is this minority of people who should not be allowd to pst.

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:31 pm

fingerscrossed, overdramatic much?
fingerscrossed wrote:Are you able to speak/read/write another language just like some of our fellow posters.
You are clearly new here - most people answering question here are foreigners who settled in UK. So yes, I/we do.
fingerscrossed wrote:People improve with practice and experience. You should treat people fairly.
People in question have between 3 and 14+ years of practice to perfect their English.
fingerscrossed wrote:Does that make her any different to you and I . I think not.
It's not about difference or perfection of language - it is about people finding their place in society they are striving to live in.

kamalin10

Post by kamalin10 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:22 pm

fingerscrossed wrote:Just because someone has managed to gain ILR when ENGLISH is clearly not their first language/native language does not give you the right to mock these people.
99% of us have English as their second or even third, like in my case, language so what? I could be bothered to learn it and yes, this gives me every right in the world to mock those lazy ones. And nobody talks about perfect English…relax

fingerscrossed wrote:
You are suggesting that the government introduce spelling, punctuation and grammer tests, well I am sugeting that the government also introduce attitude tests for people like you.
Attitude towards what? lazy people? Bring it on I say! :D
fingerscrossed wrote:You should treat people fairly.
Why do you think it’s fair that highly skilled people must spend 5 years paying tax and NI to get ILR when those on spouse visa don’t need to work and get only 2 years? Eh?

It’s unfair world, get used to it 8)

coolwp

Post by coolwp » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:28 am

Hey Chill man

It could be just a slip of finger.. The OP just have left one A from- HURRAY.. It could be due to the happiness on her achievement!!

Congarts OP!!

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:52 am

coolwp wrote:It could be just a slip of finger..
Oh yes, and his keyboard could be without [SHIFT], [,] or [.] buttons. And some black magic turned his well structured message into a mess of un-separated sentences, missed letters, and words like "peoples", "there", "flore".

That's "rite"!

sabeeh
Newly Registered

Post by sabeeh » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:41 pm

O lord people i am sorry please stop fighting i am sorry wunder if you felt any bad fealing from my broken english i admit hurry was wrong i admit peoples was wrong i admit my all post was full of mistake
i wish i can delete my post
i was happy and i want to share my happiness with you all respectful people i am sorry again please if its my fauilt then i m sorry but step back and be happy
i wish every one best of luck and happy life

HMRB

Hi

Post by HMRB » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:15 am

Sabeeh ignore all these people. Congratulations on your ILR and enjoy your freedom... :-)).

vinseh

Re: Hi

Post by vinseh » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:34 pm

HMRB wrote:Sabeeh ignore all these people. Congratulations on your ILR and enjoy your freedom... :-)).
i totally agree with HMRB...just ignore whoever tries to bring you down, you just enjoy your time on cloud 9 :) Congratulations!!!

sabeeh
Newly Registered

Post by sabeeh » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:17 pm

Thanks HMRB and vinseh wish you best of luck and God bless You :D

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:42 pm

sabeeh wrote:O lord people i am sorry please stop fighting i am sorry wunder if you felt any bad fealing from my broken english i admit hurry was wrong i admit peoples was wrong i admit my all post was full of mistake
i wish i can delete my post
i was happy and i want to share my happiness with you all respectful people i am sorry again please if its my fauilt then i m sorry but step back and be happy
i wish every one best of luck and happy life
That's atrocious!! You should never been made to feel that way. You've admitted that your grammar isn't perfect and are doing something about it, which is to be commended. I don't think this was meant to be a personal attack, there are plenty of people that post on here who haven't a good grasp of the English language (some of them English is their first language). There are times when I cringe at what I've typed on-line :lol: . It's now been blown out of all proportion and someone has been made to feel bad about themselves!!

Sabeeh - ignore all this rubbish and celebrate your huge achievement. I apologise for my input and never meant to make you feel bad.

To the person that questioned if we have a second language, well I do. I'm learning Spanish so when I travel to South America for 3 months at the end of this year I can converse with the "natives". No use spending a significant amount of time in a country and not being able to speak the language. But I would be more than happy to admit I'm not fluent at all and fully expect to make a fool of myself over there . :P