ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent presence for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mynee
Newly Registered

Post by mynee » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:32 pm

Dear Friends

I am attending for my ILR (HSMP JR) in Croydon PEO on 20th february. I had booked this appointment for me and for my wife (Dependent). Do my wife come along with me for this appointment or Is it ok, if i will go alone with her documents?

Thanks in advance for your kind responce

oxfordblues
Newly Registered

Post by oxfordblues » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:54 pm

No, as far as I understand, you don't need your wife to be present, as this is not a biometric visa, but just need to ensure you have family appointment booked.

mynee
Newly Registered

Post by mynee » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:58 pm

Thank for your responce oxfordblues

Yes, I had booked online for me (main applicant) and for my wife (dependent) with same application.

coolwp

Post by coolwp » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:55 am

Mynee

There is no need for dependent to be present there but the appointment should be family appointment (as you have already taken) and you should take a consent letter from dependent that you are representing her.

nax_72

Post by nax_72 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:04 pm

Are you sure about authorisation letter from the dependent. I never read anything about this in the application or in the forum.

oxfordblues
Newly Registered

Post by oxfordblues » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:22 pm

I do think think coolwp is right. I've read this before in a few older posts on the forum, and besides it makes logical sense. You're better off covering all bases.

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:27 am

There is no need for a consent letter, I attended my ILR interview last year, no such letter was requested.
'In everything give thanks'

nax_72

Post by nax_72 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:10 pm

Yes OFCHARITY is correct. I got ILR yesterday without any any consent letter or authorisation letter from my wife. Personally I feel only the main applicant is applying and all others are dependents added within that single application. So in principle there is no need for any letter from the dependent for not appearing in person.