ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got my ILR (HSMP)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gulgon

Got my ILR (HSMP)

Post by gulgon » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:34 am

I was active years ago here before and just after I got my HSMP (tier 1). And now I finished 4 years of hsmp (with judicial review) and got my ILR on Monday.

I passed all documents to a solicitor to whom I paid £500 as I really didn't want to go to the hassle of trying to get an appointment and just in case... Solicitors have bi-weekly set appointments with home office so makes life much easier.

I haven't completely worked during 4 years; changed several jobs, worked as a contractor for a few months on my ltd company. So I submitted all payslips I could find and my ltd company tax accounts... I had 177 days of absence (entry and exit days don't count).

One thing surprised me was police registration document. My solicitor noticed that I didn't update my current address and asked me to go to police station to update before we apply for ILR just in case.

My solicitor applied on Monday and called me at 5.30 to tell me I was given ILR without any issue and I collected my passport from her next day.

Apparently, you can spend up to 100 days (90 on paper, but she said, home office tolerates up to 100 days in fact) abroad during 1 year before naturalisation and you don't need to prove that you are economically active. But it would be useful if you would show you are not useless..

And a very important point for naturalisation is you should make sure you have no country court judgement due to debts or whatever...

Good luck all!

coolwp

Post by coolwp » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:53 am

Congratulations!!

kamalin10

Post by kamalin10 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:15 am

hi gulgon

thansk for sharing your news! very glad for you :)

i know police reg. document is very important and you might not get ILR if it is not updated. i'm no sure if they record any "coution" ie late report of change to the police?
i've only been late once but that's due to very busy work schedule and been away from home (but in the UK) for a long time. they only asked me the reason and said not to do it again...

vinseh

Post by vinseh » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:49 pm

kamalin10 wrote:hi gulgon

thansk for sharing your news! very glad for you :)

i know police reg. document is very important and you might not get ILR if it is not updated. i'm no sure if they record any "coution" ie late report of change to the police?
i've only been late once but that's due to very busy work schedule and been away from home (but in the UK) for a long time. they only asked me the reason and said not to do it again...
hi kamalin10,
any idea what all nationalities are required to register with the police?

sonya24

Post by sonya24 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:22 pm

hiya i was just wondering if you can give me the number for the soilicitor who did your case as im goin apply for ilr in march.i hope they can help me aswell.
thanks

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:26 pm

vinseh wrote:any idea what all nationalities are required to register with the police?
Part 10: Registration with the police > Appendix 2

regards

kamalin10

Post by kamalin10 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:54 pm

vinseh wrote:
hi kamalin10,
those that have "Register with the police withing 7 days" stamp on their visa :)

it's available on UKBA site:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... chapter10/

vinseh

Post by vinseh » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:36 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
vinseh wrote:any idea what all nationalities are required to register with the police?
Part 10: Registration with the police > Appendix 2

regards
thanks mate :)

vinseh

Post by vinseh » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:37 pm

kamalin10 wrote:
vinseh wrote:
hi kamalin10,
those that have "Register with the police withing 7 days" stamp on their visa :)

it's available on UKBA site:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... chapter10/