ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employment letter ( Contractors)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ilrseeker
Newly Registered

Employment letter ( Contractors)

Post by ilrseeker » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:00 am

Hi ,

I am applying ILR in set (O) as I came here on WP, changed to HSMP and now on Tier1 general .

From last 1.5 years I have been working as a contractor on a ltd company. Recently my contract has ended and I am now looking for work,

Alo I am due to appear to one of peo offices next week for my ILR app,

My question - does anyone know if I need to show a letter from my employer that I am in employment currently ?
If yes how do I show a letter as I am between contracts and havent got a contract at present?

As I am the director of my ltd co, will my own letter suffice or a letter from my accountant showing my yearly income do the trick?

Greatly appreciate views and if anybody is in similar situation and can answer please.
Much appreciated!

Thanks

coolwp

Post by coolwp » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:00 am

Hi ilrseeker

In my opinion and whatever I have learnt, from this forum etc. , for ilr they only check that you should be economically active. You must be withdrawing salary from you company which you can show by bank statement and salary slips. The accountant of your company can also give you a letter confirming that and your management account. I think empoyment letter is not required for tier 1 but to be on the safer side you can always ask such kind of letter from your accountant (that ur comapany is in profit etc.) Speak to your accountant and he may advise you. One of my frnd was in same situation and his accountant suggested that they can give such letter. Luckily he found job before his ilr application.

All the best for your application. :)