ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Zee ali » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:19 am

Jernifrmstudent2ilr wrote:Hello Guys,

I have a bad news to share.

After waiting for almost 5 months I have received my refusal.

The reason of refusal is that I have a gap of 37 days due to the payment issue.

My current Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa is valid till the end of 2016. But still I have been given a right of appeal.

My Immigration History according to the refusal letter:

* On 21 December 2004 you entered the UK on Student visa valid until 30 June 2007
*On 29 June 2007 you applied in time leave to remain as a student and were granted 29 June 2007 to 30 Nov 2008.
*On 28 Nov 2008 you applied in time for leave to remain as student. You were initially granted on 16 Feb 2009. However you requested further time so you could attend your graduation ceremony. This was granted on June 2009 valid to 30 Nov 2009.
*On 28 Nov 2009 you applied in for leave to remain as a T4 General student. This was rejected on 09 March as no fee Paid.
( Basically the cheque i submitted with the application wasnt signed. Although i had enough funds in the account and i do have the bank statement to prove)
*On 16 April 2010 you applied 37 days out of time for leave to remain as T4 general student and were granted 08 June 2010 to 26 August 2011. ( The reason for the delay was that my college was de-listed so i had to find another sponsor which took bit longer. No college was ready to give me admission because i didnt had any valid leave to remain)

*On 13 July 2010 you re-entered the UK on the previous visa was reinstated until 26 August 2011
*on 09 September 2010 you applied in time leave to remain as T1 Post Study and were granted from 22 Sept 2010 to 22 Sept 2012.
*on 19 September 2012 you applied in time for leave to remain T1 Ent but were refused 08 March 2013 with a right of appeal. You lodged an appeal 21st March 2013 and appeal was allowed 18 September 2013 and the leave was granted till 25th Nov 2013.
*On 1st December 2014 you applied in time for indefinite leave to remail under 10 year Long residency.

We have considered your application for leave to remain and have refused, You human rights claim has therefore been refused. If you believes that we have made an error you can appeal on the First Tier Tribunal.

Need an expert Advise Please Help.

Thank in Advance.
Very difficult as u have gap more than 28 days
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

amazing grace
Newly Registered

Post by amazing grace » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:24 am

Hi all,

could some update my info on google drive please!

Application sent: 13/04/2015
Money Taken from account: 15/04/2015
Acknowledge letter received:20/04/2015; BY EMAIL: 23/04/2015
biometric letter received: 24/04/2015
Biometric recorded: 25/04/2015
Approval date: TBC
Docs received: TBC
BRP: TBC

Thanks!

M2013
Russia

Post by M2013 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:50 am

Hi, amazing grace.
I added ur details to the timeline.
Please have a look.
Good luck.
amazing grace wrote:Hi all,

could some update my info on google drive please!

Application sent: 13/04/2015
Money Taken from account: 15/04/2015
Acknowledge letter received:20/04/2015; BY EMAIL: 23/04/2015
biometric letter received: 24/04/2015
Biometric recorded: 25/04/2015
Approval date: TBC
Docs received: TBC
BRP: TBC

Thanks!

Na74

Post by Na74 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:03 pm

longresident85 wrote:Dear All,

Thank you for such a great blog.

I have been reading this every now and then to seek guidance.

Time is coming soon, when I'll apply for ILR (LR) in last week of August 2015.

My circumstances are as follows:

1. Came to UK in 2005 - Study Visa - Completed BSc in 2009
2. PSW - 2009 to 2011
3. In 2010, I started a business which went bust and I ended up in a lot of debt (£40k approx). Received a CCJ by one creditor, I owed them around £2,000. Later I made IVA (Individual Voluntary Arrangement) with all creditors including the creditor who obtained CCJ. That's all been fine since then, payments are up to date and IVA status is 'satisfied'. IVA is due to finish in 2016.
4. In 2011, switched from PSW to Tier 4, for a Masters. Successfully completed that.
5. in 2013, started PhD which is due to finish end of 2016. Visa Valid until Feb 2017.
6. 10 Years will reach in August/September 2015.

Kindly advice:
A. How will my case be like? Chances of success?
B. Will CCJ and IVA effect the application in anyway?
C. Should post the application or use the newly started Same Day Premium Service?
D. Should I spend money to hire a lawyer or just apply by myself?

Thanks a million in advance for your expert suggestions.

Kind regards,
Your Friend
I too had a CCJ, so I mentioned it in form. But you have to be careful when you write things in form write only what is required, do not give other information that could lead you to more trouble ( dont give them a rope to hang you).
You can mention CCJ but be careful about writing any other debtors details... Consult a lawyer if not sure... But avoid 3rd class lawyers as they know less than you do..

K4

Post by K4 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:06 pm

Jernifrmstudent2ilr wrote:Hello Guys,

I have a bad news to share.

After waiting for almost 5 months I have received my refusal.

The reason of refusal is that I have a gap of 37 days due to the payment issue.

My current Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa is valid till the end of 2016. But still I have been given a right of appeal.

My Immigration History according to the refusal letter:

* On 21 December 2004 you entered the UK on Student visa valid until 30 June 2007
*On 29 June 2007 you applied in time leave to remain as a student and were granted 29 June 2007 to 30 Nov 2008.
*On 28 Nov 2008 you applied in time for leave to remain as student. You were initially granted on 16 Feb 2009. However you requested further time so you could attend your graduation ceremony. This was granted on June 2009 valid to 30 Nov 2009.
*On 28 Nov 2009 you applied in for leave to remain as a T4 General student. This was rejected on 09 March as no fee Paid.
( Basically the cheque i submitted with the application wasnt signed. Although i had enough funds in the account and i do have the bank statement to prove)
*On 16 April 2010 you applied 37 days out of time for leave to remain as T4 general student and were granted 08 June 2010 to 26 August 2011. ( The reason for the delay was that my college was de-listed so i had to find another sponsor which took bit longer. No college was ready to give me admission because i didnt had any valid leave to remain)

*On 13 July 2010 you re-entered the UK on the previous visa was reinstated until 26 August 2011
*on 09 September 2010 you applied in time leave to remain as T1 Post Study and were granted from 22 Sept 2010 to 22 Sept 2012.
*on 19 September 2012 you applied in time for leave to remain T1 Ent but were refused 08 March 2013 with a right of appeal. You lodged an appeal 21st March 2013 and appeal was allowed 18 September 2013 and the leave was granted till 25th Nov 2013.
*On 1st December 2014 you applied in time for indefinite leave to remail under 10 year Long residency.

We have considered your application for leave to remain and have refused, You human rights claim has therefore been refused. If you believes that we have made an error you can appeal on the First Tier Tribunal.

Need an expert Advise Please Help.

Thank in Advance.
Hi jernifrmstudent2ilr

Get legal advice as I am sure people on this forum got ILR with gaps

Omor4real

Post by Omor4real » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:55 pm

SEL7 wrote:
NEEDY wrote:Hi
Guys I am in difficult situation and not getting the right advise. Confused that what to do? I was on student visa from 2005-2012 then 2012-2014 I was on PSW. My 10 years was completing on 1st week of April 2015. At the end of my PSW visa (Aug 2014) I had gap about 7months to complete 10 years. To cover up this gap I have decided to submit FLRO (M) which had been submitted in time. FLRO (M) refused in last week of Nov2014 with the right of appeal. Submitted the appeal and hearing date is 08jul 2015. 10 years has been completed on 1st week of April during the hearing date and as per the home office rule I am passing through the period of Section 3C.
Now my question is...can I submit new application as a ILR and withdraw the appeal or I have to attend the hearing and wait for the tribunal decision? please help...
Hi NEEDY
I am exactly in a situation as yours except that i made my application on the first week April and acknowledgement of my application was received on the 20th April. I used a lawyer for my application. The advise I received was to drop my appeal case at the tribunal. I was told I stood a better chance with the ILR especially that I met all the requirements. Anyone would want an ILR anyway!!! If you decide to withdraw your case from the tribunal just make sure you withdraw your case first before submitting a new application, and it must be done within 28 days. My solicitor actually withdraw the case by both email and fax and on the same day made the new application. I think you are better off to wait for the confirmation letter from the tribunal that your case have been withdrawn before making a new application. I am a newbie here but I am sure experts on this forum are better position to advise you properly on your way forward. I wish you well.
Needy the decision is yours you can either follow your appeal through and add ten years as additional ground or withdraw appeal and make new application. However if you are working for a company that will normally ask for right to work often withdrawing appeal might be too risky, because once you withdraw appeal your right to work and appeal seized.

dayesto123
Newly Registered

Post by dayesto123 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:04 pm

Hi everyone,
After reading some recent post I am getting very nervous now because I started to question my past immigration history.

Here is my history.
I came in 29 march 2005.
I have a gap of about 90 days in 2008 and that is because In 2008 my company applied for a work permit for me one month before my visa expired which was refused with right of appeal. My company submitted my passport with my company's work permit application thinking it was necessary. By the time home office returned my company documents including my passport my visa had ran out.
My companied appealed and unfortunately it was also refused.

I think (not 100%) I applied for further leave to remain within 28days of the Home office returning my passport . I have subsequently applied for 3 various extension since then and I was granted further leave to remain. I am currently on Tier 4 and my visa will expire in August 2015.

My question is that.
1- Should I send a letter to the Home office explaining that my passport expired while it was with the homeoffice as I submitted my passport together with my company work permit application?
2. Has anyone sent further information to homeoffice in the past re 10years ilr, please kindly share the postal address.
3. am I an over stayer? if yes then why did they give me further leave thereafter?
4. if I truly have more than 28 days gap (overstay) what can I do?

I do not expect you to know the answers to all my questions but kindly comment on any you know.

Can someone kindly add me to the Google sheet.
Here is my timeline
02/03/2015 application sent
05/03/2015 acknowledgement received
16/03/2015 received first email
19/03/2015 biometric letter received
20/03/2015 biometric done
13/04/2015 received second e-mail saying still under consideration...
Approve letter and BRP ??? waiting...

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:50 pm

dayesto123 wrote:Hi everyone,
After reading some recent post I am getting very nervous now because I started to question my past immigration history.

Here is my history.
I came in 29 march 2005.
I have a gap of about 90 days in 2008 and that is because In 2008 my company applied for a work permit for me one month before my visa expired which was refused with right of appeal. My company submitted my passport with my company's work permit application thinking it was necessary. By the time home office returned my company documents including my passport my visa had ran out.

I think (not 100%) I applied for further leave to remain within 28days of the Home office returning my passport . I have subsequently applied for 3 various extension since then and I was granted further leave to remain. I am currently on Tier 4 and my visa will expire in August 2015.

My question is that.
1- Should I send a letter to the Home office explaining that my passport expired while it was with the homeoffice as I submitted my passport together with my company work permit application?
2. Has anyone sent further information to homeoffice in the past re 10years ilr, please kindly share the postal address.
3. am I an over stayer? if yes then why did they give me further leave thereafter?

I do not expect you to know the answers to all my questions but kindly comment on any you know.

Here is my timeline
U should request your SAR (subject access report) in simple words immigration history to see what is in their system about u?

Now u applied the visa better to ask it now
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

dayesto123
Newly Registered

Post by dayesto123 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:30 pm

Zee ali wrote:
dayesto123 wrote:Hi everyone,

Here is my history.
I came in 29 march 2005.

My question is that.

Here is my timeline
U should request your SAR (subject access report) in simple words immigration history to see what is in their system about u?

Now u applied the visa better to ask it now
Thanks Zee Ali for your reply, How long does it take to get SARs.
I initially thought my case was a straight forward case, but now I think differently.

Na74

Post by Na74 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:16 pm

40 days

???
Newly Registered

Post by ??? » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:24 pm

Hi all,

I had applied for Ilr on 9th march, received biometric letter and enrolled bio on 27th march. After that I had received another email from the home-office, while noticed that people applied after me receive their visa. I believed that my case is straigt forward, never was refused for extension and have studied in universities (8 years+2 years psw). Can I ask that if receving second email is normal or it is a sign that case will be in home office for some time.

Many thanks

Usman

hapoo

Post by hapoo » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:11 pm

Hi,

when did you received the second email? There are one or two people on this forum who received second email but after 2 weeks got their visa. Although its not normal to get the second email.

thanks
??? wrote:Hi all,

I had applied for Ilr on 9th march, received biometric letter and enrolled bio on 27th march. After that I had received another email from the home-office, while noticed that people applied after me receive their visa. I believed that my case is straigt forward, never was refused for extension and have studied in universities (8 years+2 years psw). Can I ask that if receving second email is normal or it is a sign that case will be in home office for some time.

Many thanks

Usman

???
Newly Registered

Post by ??? » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:29 pm

I received my second email on 20th of April that application is still under consideration. hmm well seems bit strange now..
hapoo wrote:Hi,

when did you received the second email? There are one or two people on this forum who received second email but after 2 weeks got their visa. Although its not normal to get the second email.

thanks

Many thanks

Usman

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:02 am

Many thanks

Usman
Is your timeline add in google drive?

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:03 am

hapoo wrote:Hi,

thanks

Many thanks

Usman
@hapoo

U r next man. Finger Crossed

longresident85
Newly Registered

Post by longresident85 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:01 am

Thanks Na74 for your view. You are right I should include very succinct information. Have been giving very limited info in previous 2 flr applications.

This one is a big application so have to be more careful.

Just confused whether to go front foot and premium service or play back foot and post the application.

What is the outcome of your application?

Best regards
Na74 wrote:
longresident85 wrote:Dear All,

Thank you for such a great blog.

I have been reading this every now and then to seek guidance.

Time is coming soon, when I'll apply for ILR (LR) in last week of August 2015.

My circumstances are as follows:

1. Came to UK in 2005 - Study Visa - Completed BSc in 2009
2. PSW - 2009 to 2011
3. In 2010, I started a business which went bust and I ended up in a lot of debt (£40k approx). Received a CCJ by one creditor, I owed them around £2,000. Later I made IVA (Individual Voluntary Arrangement) with all creditors including the creditor who obtained CCJ. That's all been fine since then, payments are up to date and IVA status is 'satisfied'. IVA is due to finish in 2016.
4. In 2011, switched from PSW to Tier 4, for a Masters. Successfully completed that.
5. in 2013, started PhD which is due to finish end of 2016. Visa Valid until Feb 2017.
6. 10 Years will reach in August/September 2015.

Kindly advice:
A. How will my case be like? Chances of success?
B. Will CCJ and IVA effect the application in anyway?
C. Should post the application or use the newly started Same Day Premium Service?
D. Should I spend money to hire a lawyer or just apply by myself?

Thanks a million in advance for your expert suggestions.

Kind regards,
Your Friend
I too had a CCJ, so I mentioned it in form. But you have to be careful when you write things in form write only what is required, do not give other information that could lead you to more trouble ( dont give them a rope to hang you).
You can mention CCJ but be careful about writing any other debtors details... Consult a lawyer if not sure... But avoid 3rd class lawyers as they know less than you do..

Jedi111
Newly Registered

Post by Jedi111 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:44 am

Hi Everybody,
I am a silent member,i read all the posts in this forum.iam just paranoid about one thing regarding my immigration history.Help in answering that query will be highly appreciated.
I have no gap straightforward case ,inshallah applying for indefinite on lr form few month time ,Except in 2008 my psw visa got refused I went on appeal and the visa was granted.During the appeal process when my appeal was pending I by the advice of my solicitor also initiated another student visa application,which came back as invalid and my fees and all documents for the student visa was returned with home office saying as I already have an appeal pending so I can not make fresh application.after that my appeal which I initiated before this invalid student application was accepted and visa was issued.does this invalid student visa application will have negative affect on my ilr application,I hope not because the appeal was there all the time and there is no gap in 10 years.plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz advise
thanks in advance :D

Na74

Post by Na74 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:36 am

Jedi111 wrote:Hi Everybody,
I am a silent member,i read all the posts in this forum.iam just paranoid about one thing regarding my immigration history.Help in answering that query will be highly appreciated.
I have no gap straightforward case ,inshallah applying for indefinite on lr form few month time ,Except in 2008 my psw visa got refused I went on appeal and the visa was granted.During the appeal process when my appeal was pending I by the advice of my solicitor also initiated another student visa application,which came back as invalid and my fees and all documents for the student visa was returned with home office saying as I already have an appeal pending so I can not make fresh application.after that my appeal which I initiated before this invalid student application was accepted and visa was issued.does this invalid student visa application will have negative affect on my ilr application,I hope not because the appeal was there all the time and there is no gap in 10 years.plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz advise
No, nothing. Dont worry

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:56 am

Dont worry u will be ok. BTW who gave u that wrong advise (put a new application while appeal pending)

???
Newly Registered

Post by ??? » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:53 pm

Hi, No my visa time is not updated on google sheet.

applied: 09-03-2015
ack letter and mail confirmation: 15-03-2015 (think so)
bio received: 24-03-2015
bio completed:27-03-2015
received second email: 20-04-2015

I guess that I dont have any other option but to wait...
Zee ali wrote:

Many thanks

Usman

Jedi111
Newly Registered

Post by Jedi111 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:24 pm

Zee ali wrote:
Dont worry u will be ok. BTW who gave u that wrong advise (put a new application while appeal pending)
Thnx NA74 and zee ali for reply,yes applying for student visa during appeal was not good idea

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:56 pm

??? wrote:Hi, No my visa time is not updated on google sheet.

Zee ali wrote:

Many thanks

Usman
U r added in google drive (Usman???)

???
Newly Registered

Post by ??? » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:25 pm

Many thanks Zee Ali

Hi, No my visa time is not updated on google sheet.

Zee ali wrote:

Many thanks

Usman
[/quote]

U r added in google drive (Usman???)[Many thanks Zee Ali]

Kartal23
Newly Registered

Post by Kartal23 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:05 am

hi every one. please hep me. ll be applying on the basıs 10 years long recidency in june. l have got a problem. l was marrıed a british lady. ıt dıdınt work out so we split up. l did let home office know about ıt.l met some one and decided to get married so l applied for divroce process in order to marry somebody else. when decree nisi come trough l got married with my currently wife however l belived decree nisi to be decree final absolute we didint notice that till entry officer refuse my wife. they said l was not divorce offically before married again. so entry clear officer stated that why we got married when were not in position into . so they said our marriage not legal. it was genuen mistake cos l had never divorce in the uk before and didint know the decree nisi what doesnt means. l tought l was divorce. so my solicitor said l had to divorce my currently my wife and remarried again in order to make this marriage legal so l did. then we appeal it and explain why we married when were not in positıon into. the home office withdraw the case so my wife was given visa .
my question is shall l mention about it on my set LR APPLİCATİON OR NOT ? thank you

Na74

Post by Na74 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:50 am

Kartal23 wrote:hi every one. please hep me. ll be applying on the basıs 10 years long recidency in june. l have got a problem. l was marrıed a british lady. ıt dıdınt work out so we split up. l did let home office know about ıt.l met some one and decided to get married so l applied for divroce process in order to marry somebody else. when decree nisi come trough l got married with my currently wife however l belived decree nisi to be decree final absolute we didint notice that till entry officer refuse my wife. they said l was not divorce offically before married again. so entry clear officer stated that why we got married when were not in position into . so they said our marriage not legal. it was genuen mistake cos l had never divorce in the uk before and didint know the decree nisi what doesnt means. l tought l was divorce. so my solicitor said l had to divorce my currently my wife and remarried again in order to make this marriage legal so l did. then we appeal it and explain why we married when were not in positıon into. the home office withdraw the case so my wife was given visa .
my question is shall l mention about it on my set LR APPLİCATİON OR NOT ? thank you
There is no question on SET Lr about marriage.. So you are not required to mention.