ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

taylondon

Post by taylondon » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:38 pm

congratulations to all those received their ILR
I have just heart that my case is being handled by Liverpool too.
The telephone agent said that it is just a matter of waiting, you will hear us shortly.

joh118

Post by joh118 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:22 pm

congrats!!! Looks like all those backlogged cases are being despatched now!

Let's hope for some more good news!

foxy

Post by foxy » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:19 pm

Congrats CLS :-) Looks like Liverpool PEO are on fire!!

boonbin

Post by boonbin » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:42 pm

CLS wrote:Hi guys,

Received my passport back on Monday 29 Mar.

ILR was granted on 2nd Mar, took them 4 weeks to post that decision.

Good luck to all who are still waiting.
Dear CLS,

Congratulation CLS! you are relief and out of waiting list!! i wish i can a next.....

just wondering,
do you call HO between 02 march and 29 mar to find out the progress of your application? are they told you your case not yet completed? case owner assigned? under active consideration? or etc?

do you know your application granted before 29 mar?

Enjoy your lifeï¼

boonbin

still pending....add yourself in please

Post by boonbin » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:56 pm

Here is the updated list if anyone wants to add themselves on:

RECEIVED APPLICATION
Rajj applied on 15/07/09 received 17/12/09 WAITED FOR 22.1 weeks
Haha applied on 24/07/09 received 25/11/09 WAITED FOR 17.7 weeks
Oluwa112 applied 10/08/08 and received 17/02/10: WAITED FOR 27.3 weeks
Croydon applied 17/08/09 received 23/03/10 WAITED FOR 31.1 weeks
Foxy applied 24/08/09 received 27/03/10 WAITED FOR 30.5 weeks
CLS applied 27/08/09 received 29/03/10 WAITED FOR 31 weeks

STILL PENDING: under 10 years lawful SET(O) category

NoWayOut applied on 03/08/09 and is still waiting: now 34 weeks
Sheng applied on 05/08/09 and is still waiting: now 34 weeks
Boonbin applied on 10/08/09 and is still waiting: now 33 weeks
Kingie67 applied 17/08/09 and is still waiting: now 33 weeks
Dolf applied 24/08/09 and is still waiting: now 32 weeks
Thms applied 28/08/09 and is still waiting: now 31 weeks
Terriblefish applied 08/09/09 and still waiting: now 29 weeks
Taylondon applied 11/09/09 and is still waiting: now 29 weeks
Hangermajor applied 17/09/09 and is still waiting: now 28 weeks

if you have applied or and your name not on the list, please find yourself a space to add it.

boonbin

Post by boonbin » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:08 pm

For those whos waiting over 6 months right to make complaints to UKBA and know the progress of your application. told from Sheffield complaint department!

if you wish to find out more information of your application over 6 months
call sheffield Tel: 0114 2072966

North West Customer Service Unit
Fax : 0161 2611232
email: nwcsu@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

after last week filled a file, received response who assigned my case and under active consideration. but no precise timeframe provided how long it takes to decide.

the assigned case owner will ensure that case is concluded as soon as possible and will be contacted once a decision has been reached.

I hope mine can turn up next couple days and wishes everyone will get it soon as well!

CLS
Newly Registered

Post by CLS » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:18 am

boonbin wrote:
CLS wrote:Hi guys,

Received my passport back on Monday 29 Mar.

ILR was granted on 2nd Mar, took them 4 weeks to post that decision.

Good luck to all who are still waiting.
Dear CLS,

Congratulation CLS! you are relief and out of waiting list!! i wish i can a next.....

just wondering,
do you call HO between 02 march and 29 mar to find out the progress of your application? are they told you your case not yet completed? case owner assigned? under active consideration? or etc?

do you know your application granted before 29 mar?

Enjoy your lifeï¼

chiko14june
Newly Registered

Post by chiko14june » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:59 pm

Glad to know I am not alone. My lawyer sent my application on 20 Jan 2010. There is a 4-day gap within my 10 year stay. Hoping discretion will be applied.

Not feeling good about the long waiting times happening to all of us.
6 months just do not make sense.
And because I understand my application may fails due to the 4-day gap, I could not sleep well. Stress and depression. This is really a torture.

To all of those still waiting, wish you all good and happy!

faismala
Newly Registered

Post by faismala » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:20 pm

chiko14june wrote:Glad to know I am not alone. My lawyer sent my application on 20 Jan 2010. There is a 4-day gap within my 10 year stay. Hoping discretion will be applied.

Not feeling good about the long waiting times happening to all of us.
6 months just do not make sense.
And because I understand my application may fails due to the 4-day gap, I could not sleep well. Stress and depression. This is really a torture.

To all of those still waiting, wish you all good and happy!
Don't worry a single gap of less than 10 days is not a problem HO use deiscretion on single gap of less than 10 days to issue ILR .I have 5 days gap as well my solicitor ,who is a barrister now did not take my case.He said ,it's very straight forward case although there is a gap so he didn't want me to spent money on that.

taylondon

Post by taylondon » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:28 am

I just had to speak up today when I rang the immigration enquiry line.

The first agent started to tell me ''your application has not ......''

I interrupt her and finished her sentence my self '' yet been completed, you should continue to wait and UKBA will contact you in due course''

I than directly asked her to transfer me to her manager. I just had enough with those robotic attitudes, wanted to make sure I have a real human being on the other side of the line :)

She put me through a supervisor.

I just told the supervisor that the whole world knows the application has not yet been completed and that is why I ring you to know which stage it is in. But I only get this robotic answer saying that it has not yet been completed. this is just an empty word, a complete empty sentence, it does not mean anything, we all know it's not yet been completed. I would expect more clear answer for example my case is with a caseworker or waiting in the queue in that centre or anything such

The supervisor said '' if you feel it is robotic, it is your feelings, we do not advise you to call us often than''

I said '' why not sir? If I paid you £820 to process my application and if I already waited more than 6 months which is well outside your own target, than why not I cannot call you to trace my application? would you expect me to sit and wait years and years? what would you do if it was your application?

he got quite anxious, started to raise his voice and put the phone down on me?

I have made a formal complaint about him to North West Section complaint unit, I got his full details and his own line manager's details.

I told to complaint unit that none of your staffs has got that luxury to put the phone down on us while I only enquiry about my case which was submitted more than 6 months ago, why do you employ your staffs for? are they there to help us or are they there to put the phone down on us?

I just had enough to get same robotic answer every single time. Plus a supervisor telling me to not call and putting the phone down on me.
Somebody had to speak up, I was more than happy to speak up after having treated with this horrible way by the supervisor.

coolboyuk
- thin ice -

Post by coolboyuk » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:33 am

hi taylondon. this is unbelievable. putting the phone down on us [ who paid ridiculous amount £820] is really an arrogant behaviour. i think we should take this further than this. may be write to the PM or someone.

dolf
Newly Registered

Call centre robots, good for nothing

Post by dolf » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:42 am

Taylondon,

I have to agree with you on UKBA call centre robots. What they say means “NOTHINGâ€

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:03 pm

taylondon - that's attricious!! No-one has the right to put the phone down on you. If you dealt with the situation in a calm manner then what business has he to take that action. Even if you were "screeching" at him he has to warn you first that he isn't happy with your attitude to give you time to calm down and state cleary if you don't he will hang up on you.

I'm so pleased to hear you complained. I only hope the response is adequate and they take action. Who the hell do UKBA think they are :twisted: This made me so angry, all this waiting and then getting treated like 2nd class citizens. Doesn't help that the Government and the opposition are using immigrants as scapegoats as part of the election campaign!! :evil:

We can write to MPs but they won't do anything not now during the election; they don't want to be seen assisting immigrants to stay in the country. Then again if you carry out some hideous crime and find a stupid EU citizen to marry you...

I apologise for my outburst but I'm having one of my "sick of waiting" days ... that should be week.

coolboyuk
- thin ice -

Post by coolboyuk » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:34 pm

Yes, Kiwigirl was correct , they do not worry or care about crime or other illegal way of getting here. what they do is annoying legal people.!!!!!!!!

dungtien100
Newly Registered

Post by dungtien100 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:08 pm

Hi all,

I applied my ILR set O, 10 year legal, last July 2009. I recently received a letter informing that my case is under ACTIVE consideration by one of the HO's case worker (a team leader). The letter dated back on 16th Mar 2010. I was obviously very happy and excited, but ........ the waiting game is really annoyed me now. Has anyone been in my situation? Should I keep my hope up that my application will be sorted soon (days?, weeks or even months?)

Many thanks for reading my message.

NTD

dolf
Newly Registered

Post by dolf » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:17 pm

My advice would be not to think about it. I know it will be very difficult to do. Because, I have already failed trying to achieve that. There are many people who have been waiting for more than 7 months. And of course you have waited longer than that.

UKBA has caused unnecessary anxiety, stress and financial loss to many people, which is not fair on any of us. It is a shame that they charge £820 per applicant saying that it is a processing or administration fee.

They practically have “imprisonedâ€

joh118

Post by joh118 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:08 pm

this whole waiting game got me thinking, what if they took soo long that by the time they put the ILR sticker on your passport, the passport is expired! I think that's gonna happen in my case!

It would sum up the UKBA's poor processing time...ILR granted but on an expired passport!

it's would be quite sad really.

NoWayOut

Post by NoWayOut » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:46 pm

joh118 wrote:this whole waiting game got me thinking, what if they took soo long that by the time they put the ILR sticker on your passport, the passport is expired! I think that's gonna happen in my case!

It would sum up the UKBA's poor processing time...ILR granted but on an expired passport!

It doesn't make any difference if the passport is expired or not. All it means is that you will have to carry your old passport inaddition to your new passport or pay for them to transfer ILR to your new passport.

aman5

Post by aman5 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:31 am

Article 3 of the European Convention on Human Rights prohibits, amongst other things, "inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment".

HO causing stress, anxiety etc. by keeping ILR applicants on tenterhooks for months/year(s) on end may also perhaps qualify as a sort of inhuman or degrading treatment.

May be worth exploring whether Court(s) could look into the possibility whether Article 3 could also cover mental, emotional and physical stress/trauma caused to ILR applicants by HO holding on to legal applicants applications for months (even sometimes year(s)) on end as well as degrading treatment meted out to applicants by callous behaviour of HO when interacting with ILR applicants when the ILR applications are being processed by the HO....

joh118

Post by joh118 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:40 am

NoWayOut wrote:
joh118 wrote:this whole waiting game got me thinking, what if they took soo long that by the time they put the ILR sticker on your passport, the passport is expired! I think that's gonna happen in my case!

It doesn't make any difference if the passport is expired or not. All it means is that you will have to carry your old passport inaddition to your new passport or pay for them to transfer ILR to your new passport.
Yeah, that's the point. It would be quite sad.

joh118

Post by joh118 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:58 am

aman5 wrote:Article 3 of the European Convention on Human Rights prohibits, amongst other things, "inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment".

HO causing stress, anxiety etc. by keeping ILR applicants on tenterhooks for months/year(s) on end may also perhaps qualify as a sort of inhuman or degrading treatment.

May be worth exploring whether Court(s) could look into the possibility whether Article 3 could also cover mental, emotional and physical stress/trauma caused to ILR applicants by HO holding on to legal applicants applications for months (even sometimes year(s)) on end as well as degrading treatment meted out to applicants by callous behaviour of HO when interacting with ILR applicants when the ILR applications are being processed by the HO....
Yes, this is a possibility. However, we must all remember that the 10 year long residence is still just a consession given by discretion by the UKBA. Sure it may be against human rights but the UKBA has a very strong case, they could argue that the applicants have other options that would have taken a shorter time like applying for Tier 1 or Tier 2 instead. If they lose, they will probably just cancel the 10 year long residence anyway as it is a concession and that may solve the problem but not for future applicants.

hangermajor
Newly Registered

home office enquired

Post by hangermajor » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:13 am

10 years long residence:

I came to uk in early july 1999, studied A levels , Bsc in IT , Msc in IT, also did mcse (microsoft certified system engineer), did A+, N+, and ccna ,and also information communication technology recently completedin 2009 december. I am in a field of computer networks so loved the networking. I ahave been on student visa throughout 10 years and I did not work for the early 5 years in uk as I was serious in studies.I have no gaps and I even renewed visa always at the croydon home office before my visa expiry.

I applied in september 17th sep 2009 for long residency. I was left with only project work with my ICT . then suddenly my wife had a serious health problem as she also had in the past so went for an operation. I did not attend the classes for nearly 3 weeks to look after her. in mid october I started to continue college and suddenly witin few days the college licence got suspended. home office suddenly came to check the college and when they looked my file I was absent for nearly 3 weeks and so the principal was in a lot of mess ,called me and so many questions , .

I was thinking will it make a difference in settlement and so many questions, at one point I was planning to go to canada as it is good for immigrants now a days .I regularly went to college and finished course in december.since december 2009 till march I used to go to college and meet teachers and principal and so on.

On 26th March I called home office and they said to me that the case is nearly done and was told that very shortly you will hear from us. On 30th March I came to know that there was a call to my solicitor from Home office, he enquired to my solicitor wether I am going to college or not and also said that the home office guy had called college and sent them e-mail and letter and no response .so he at the end called my solicitor. my solicitor said that he is going to complete 11 years this july, he said about my studies and so on,, then the guy said to my solicitor that the decession has been already made just waiting for the confirmation from college. then my lawyer said that the college might be closed due to easter holiday , so he needed a strong confirmation that i am attending college, my lawyer did fax him and after that my solicitor called him as he had his no , he faxed him , then was told that my passport will be dispatched next week. Looking all these ,I think it is positive ,,,,,,,,I hope so , my lawer says it is done .but I think unless u get it in ur hand you never know.

I think my decession was made 2 or 3 weeks ago as I also called my college principal and he told me there was an enquiry from the home office but he never told me that time.

what I want all guys who have been waiting for long more than 6 months make sure that the college , work area or anythign to do with ur visa , i mean the contact places wether they have been contacted by home office. some people do not respond to the home office as in my case the college did not as they had got letter , e-mail and so on. but my lawyer did a good job .

what I can say is there is light at the end and do not loose hope. at one point i was reallly frustrated and mad, I have to send my wife back home and so on ,,,,lets pray for all of us and guys please push the home office by calling or faxing to the home office with ur reference no........I hope my case turn into 100 percent positive. praying for my passport to be with me next week by saturday.

guys ask ur employes , colleges or anywhere you think the possibility of home office calling and enquiring about it. be careful?

I have also heard that if ur case is negative you will get a response within 3 months time . so Long waiting cases more than 6 months is positive as I think so , investigation might be the case,, I think now the average case of waiting is going to be around 30 weeks looking at th last 4 cases.

if i hurt any body I am really sorry ,,,,cheers

thanks fo reading I hope you will get any information.

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:08 pm

Hangermajor - thanks for your story, some very interesting points. Why do you think you've hurt someone? Have I missed something? Your story certainly gave me something to think about.

It appears that if do you hear within 3 months it's bad news. Over this time it's a positive because they are carrying out further investigations. However over 6 months is too long especially if you are unable to work during this time. Even 3 months is too long.

Looking at the timeline of the list it appears something happening in August 2009 that delayed applications received during and after this time. Those that applied in July heard within 6 months. What on earth went on during July/August in that God forsaken UKBA? :?

I'm 1.5 weeks short of 3 months waiting (which is not long compared to the rest of you) and I've had enough. My mother was rushed to hospital this week and there was no way I could get back home quickly if I was needed. Fortunately it was only gallstones and after a simple operation she is now home recovering quickly. What if it was something serious, withdrawing your application doesn't appear to be easy and I wouldn't get a refund (I would need that £820 for my airfare). My friends are now asking questions as they can't understand why I'm not working or even travelling. I don't think they believe that it's taking so long for UKBA to process my application and that there is another reason for my current behaviour.

I tell myself that others have waited far longer than I but that's 3 months of my life gone. The once physically and mentally active girl as now turned into a lazy uncaring slob. I thought I could do volunteer work to keep myself busy during my wait but even that's not allowed. There is something I want to do which will keep me busy but even that may go against the immigration laws that bind me. I feel I'm not contributing to anything or anyone anymore.

Shout me down for not having to wait for longer than 6 months but understand that my mother's illness has got me pondering my situation and lack of freedom. The reason I applied for my ILR was to gain freedom not lose it further. Hopefully next week I will be back to "normal" and not feeling so sorry for myself. :) Plus I do know the wait will be worth it in the end.

(Edit) NB: I do know that immigration laws are there to stop people like me from working etc. But it would be nice if they could grant a temporary visa to people who having pending ILR applications. Then revoke that visa once a decision has been made.

taylondon

Post by taylondon » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:21 pm

I have just received a letter today from HO saying that my application is currently under active consideration on Liverpool casework team, and I will be notified of the final decision asap. They would expect me to be contacted regarding with my application within the next 2-3 weeks
I think the decision has already been made and it is in post-decision process (writing the decision letter, sticking on the ILR, posting etc)
I really pray and hope they've made the positive decision,

NoWayOut

Post by NoWayOut » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:41 pm

taylondon wrote:I have just received a letter today from HO saying that my application is currently under active consideration on Liverpool casework team, and I will be notified of the final decision asap. They would expect me to be contacted regarding with my application within the next 2-3 weeks
I think the decision has already been made and it is in post-decision process (writing the decision letter, sticking on the ILR, posting etc)
I really pray and hope they've made the positive decision,
Thats really good news! Especially after the rudeness you encountered on the phone. I doubt it would be a negative decision after all this time. It definitely seems that Liverpool PEO is the only one handing out long residence ILR's at the moment.

I just hope that I can hear something soon. :cry: