ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

John

Post by John » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:22 am

Cool it folks! Otherwise this very useful topic will get locked.

Anyone posting taunting or unnecessarily provokative posts will find their post could well be deleted and their membership of this board deleted.
John

coolboyuk
- thin ice -

Post by coolboyuk » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:26 am

Kiwigirl25, I perfectly understand your support to foxy!. But, no need to reply on behalf.

I have been cool [as my name] :wink: all the way through until yesterday. And I regret for my reaction since.

Main reason that irritated me was use of words and phrases in fox’s post. Not polite at all. And in my view [and some other users too] it did stir the argument up . I have nothing against Foxy.

Yes, as John said, posting “taunting or unnecessarily provocative “comments is unacceptable.
:twisted:

superstar

I am applying too

Post by superstar » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:30 am

Hi there everyone
I found this forum very useful and I’ve been reading this forum for last some weeks.
I am also going to apply on the basis of “10 years legal residenceâ€

coolboyuk
- thin ice -

Post by coolboyuk » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:38 am

superstar, you can not include your wife in your ILR SET[O] application. have a look at the SET[O] form and instruction / guide for more clear details.

John

Post by John » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:57 am

My question is that should I apply for wife with mine case on Set (m) or I should wait for mine to get ILR then I apply for her as in person in March2011?
I am not sure where March 2011 comes from. It does not seem to relate to anything you have posted.

If I were you I would apply alone for ILR, using form SET(O), and then when you have got that, your wife should apply on form FLR(M) for a 2-year spouse visa. Near the end of that 2-year visa she could apply for her ILR, or possibly she could make a 10-year application in December 2011, subject legislation then in place.

Any children? If yes, where were they born?
John

NoWayOut

Post by NoWayOut » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:31 am

kiwigirl25 wrote:
NoWayOut - I know you don't want to complain but promise me if you don't hear by Friday do what sa advised and phone the call centre and threaten to phone Complaints dept if you get a scripted response. Then phone & write to the complaints dept if you don't get anywhere. No use threating and not carrying it out.
I never said i didn't want to complain. The point I was making is that I have already done all the things that you all keep advising me to do. I haven't been taking this wait lying down. However, as you can see I am still waiting and therefore all these things have had no effect, therefore I see no point in repeating them over and over. As Einstein once said insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The only thing I feel I can do is try and contact my MP again but can't do that after the elections so therefore I have to just wait.

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:19 pm

NoWayOut wrote:
kiwigirl25 wrote:
NoWayOut - I know you don't want to complain but promise me if you don't hear by Friday do what sa advised and phone the call centre and threaten to phone Complaints dept if you get a scripted response. Then phone & write to the complaints dept if you don't get anywhere. No use threating and not carrying it out.
I never said i didn't want to complain. The point I was making is that I have already done all the things that you all keep advising me to do. I haven't been taking this wait lying down. However, as you can see I am still waiting and therefore all these things have had no effect, therefore I see no point in repeating them over and over. As Einstein once said insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The only thing I feel I can do is try and contact my MP again but can't do that after the elections so therefore I have to just wait.
I understand now. I had forgotten you've tried everything before. I'll shut up now :wink:

But I do hope you get a decision before it gets to the stage where you have to contact your MP.

Beige
- thin ice -

Post by Beige » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:04 pm

kiwigirl25 wrote:

Bird, who is a Jan app, has heard gives every indication that UKBA are "pushing" through ILR applications.
She was a november applicant. Small point though :D

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:21 pm

Beige wrote:
kiwigirl25 wrote:

Bird, who is a Jan app, has heard gives every indication that UKBA are "pushing" through ILR applications.
She was a november applicant. Small point though :D
Oh dear me, where has my mind gone :roll: It was London101 who was the successful January applicant.

superstar

Post by superstar » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:19 pm

Thanks Coolboyuk and John for good suggestions. I’ll keep updating my ILR progress in here when I'll apply.
Regards

DA375

Post by DA375 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:19 pm

Looks like a quiet day for the forum and no good news for anybody today, never mind, hopefully we all get some during course of this week.

boonbin

Post by boonbin » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:41 am

Hi everyone, here to share some of the information to you all that i requested last month from FOI! Congratulation for you who has received your ILR, and for those still waiting, good luck to u and keep praying!!

Thank you for your enquiries of 29 March in which you have requested information regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) applications. This has been dealt with under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.

Please see the requested information below.

Enquiry One

Accordingly on the UKBA website settlement for ILR under 10 years long stay SET (O) application the waiting time is as follows:

• UKBA decides 95% of postal applications within six months;

Question 1 (A). Could you give a exact breakdown (actual numbers) of application received between 1st August 2009 and 28th February 2010 under `10 years continuous legal stay in UK' indefinite leave to remain category and how many of these applications (actual numbers) were decided within 6 months?

It is not possible to give this exact information as cases received on 28 February 2010 have not yet reached the 6 month target (having been submitted just over 1 month ago), therefore we have provided alternative information based on the number of cases dispatched in this time frame.

The total number of cases dispatched within this time period was 3030. The total number decided within 6 months was 2260. This is an overall achievement of 75% within 6 months (rounded up to nearest 1%).

Question 1 (B). An average waiting time after 6 months (e.g. waited 7 or 8 months)?

The average waiting time after 6 months was 512 days.

Question 1 (C). Please could you also in your reply give exact breakdown of number of cases which UKBA took more than 6 months to decide between the period 1st August. 2009 and 28th Feb 2010?

770 cases from the above sample took more than 6 months to decide.

Question 1 (D). What was the average time as well as maximum time taken to decide cases which fall in the remaining 5% that do not get a decision within 6 months of their ILR applications?

The average number of working days taken to consider all cases dispatched within the time frame above which took longer than 6 months was 512 days. The maximum time taken to consider was 2060 days.

Question 1 (E). How the UKBA is claiming 95% of decisions are taken within 6 months respectively to the data you provided?

The figure of 95% relates to all postal applications. This figure is not broken down by case or form type and so does not relate to 10 Year Long Residence cases specifically. Some types of case may take longer than 6 months and some may take less.

Question 2 (A). How many caseworkers (actual numbers) are exclusively dealing with '10 year continuous legal stay' ILR applications at the UKBA?

Within UKBA, no caseworker will deal exclusively with this case type. Caseworkers are multi skilled to deal with a range of case types.

Question 2 (B). Each case worker assigned how many cases in the same time?

Each caseworker deals with one case at a time. However, where further information is required on a case, the caseworker will contact the customer to request this and, while they are awaiting this information, will proceed to deal with the next case. Due to this, caseworkers can have a variable number of cases with them awaiting completion.

Question 3. Are there any internal targets set by the UKBA as to how many minimum numbers of applications of '10 year continuous legal stay' ILR should be dealt by caseworkers, on an average, at the UKBA every day?

Applications relating to `10 years continuous legal stay' do not attract targets in this way as caseworkers do not deal solely with this case type on a daily basis.

Question 4. What is the criterion when deciding the sort of cases of '10 years continuous legal stay' ILR that normally fall in a category that are to dealt within six months and cases which normally take more than 6 months to arrive at a decision?

There is no criterion set by UKBA on whether a case will take more or less than 6 months to decide. Where further information is required on a case, the time a customer takes to respond may be a factor as to why a decision may take longer than 6 months to decide.

Question 5. What is the basis of allocating '10 year continuous legal stay' ILR applications to various centres (e.g. Croydon, Liverpool, Sheffield etc) in UK?

This is based on caseworking resource. A given percentage of all postal applications are allocated to Croydon and Sheffield. These are mixed case types and (with few exceptions) the split is not based on case type. 10 year long residence is one such case type which would fall into this category.

Question 6. Once an applicant has sent his '10 year continuous legal stay' ILR application to the UKBA and wants to sent some further documents to support his/her application, how does he/she find out which centre is dealing with his/her application? Calling Home Office on the phone to enquire rarely achieves any results as people taking the calls at the call centres sometimes are not very helpful in providing the necessary information to applicants?

If further documents are required in order to process an application, the caseworker will contact the customer to request these and provide a name and address for return. In advance of this stage, customers should contact the Immigration Enquiry Bureau for further advice.

Question 7. Out of an average of 100 '10 year continuous legal stay' ILR applications received by the UKBA, how many of applications falling under this '10 year continuous legal stay' ILR category (in percentage terms) get a positive outcome?

The grant rate against all outcomes from the data set used to provide the other figures is 68%. It is not possible to provide a "average 100" but a percentage based on the sample should be sufficient.

Question 7 (A). What is the interval of review as to whether the target of 95% applications '10 year continuous legal stay' ILRs decided within 6 months is being actually met by the caseworkers dealing with such applications?

Please see the above response to 1(E). The target of 95% does not relate solely to 10 year long residence applications and therefore no review of this type takes place.

Question 7 (B). What steps have been taken in the last one year to speed up the process to clear the backlog as from 1st Jan. 2010 all '10 year continuous legal stay' ILR applications would only be accepted by post. This may significantly increase the number of applications received in this category this year (as opposed to last year when some of these applications were being decided also by the same day premium service).

There is no current backlog of 10 year long residence applications. All cases are held within a constantly moving queue of work.

Question 8. So what are the non-routine circumstances then under which 10 year Long Residence applications may be sometimes considered along with Asylum caseworker units?

This may happen in rare occurrences where an applicant submits both a 10 year long residence application and an asylum application at the same time or within a very short timescale. This is an extremely uncommon occurrence but may result in the 10 year long residence case being considered by an Asylum unit.

Question 9. Please could UKBA confirm whether when processing applications, applications under '10 years continuous lawful stay in UK' ILR category are clubbed along with 14 years continuous unlawful stay applications in UKBA (i.e. caseworkers of a particular unit in UKBA) who are assigned to deal with 10 years lawful stay applications are also assigned to deal with '14 years continuous illegal stay in UK' applications?

Please see the above response to 2A. Caseworkers are skilled to deal with a variety of case types and so will regularly deal with 10 year long residence alongside other case types, including 14 year long residence.

The figures provided are based on local Management Information only and are not subject to National Statistics Protocol. The figures are therefore provisional and subject to change.

Enquiry Two

- Number of decisions made within 6 months.

- Number of decisions made outside 6 months.

- The average consideration time for cases made outside 6 months.

- The maximum consideration time for cases made outside 6 months.

Applications 5,270

Decisions 5,090

Decisions (Within 6mths) 3,890

Decisions (Over 6mths) 1,200

Average Consideration Time in Working Days (For Over 6mths) 563

Maximum Consideration Time in Working Days 2,060

Notes:

Notes:
1. Applications based on cases raised between the 1 Feb 2009 and

the 28 Feb 2010.

2. Decision, Average and Maximum figures based on cases despatched

between the 1 Feb 2009 and the 28 Feb 2010.

3. All figures rounded to the nearest 5 (except the average).

4. Figures based on local Management Information only and are not

subject to National Statistics Protocol. The figures are therefore

provisional and subject to change.

Question 1. How the UKBA is claiming 95% of decisions are taken within 6 months respectively to the data you provided?

Please see above answer on 1E.

Question 2. How to work it out an average Consideration Time in Working Days (For Over 6mths) 563 (which equal to how many weeks have be wait) Maximum Consideration Time in Working Days 2,060 (which equal to how many weeks have be wait)?

563 working days roughly equates to 113 weeks (based on 5 day weeks) and 2060 equates to 412 weeks.

The figures provided are based on local Management Information only and are not subject to National Statistics Protocol. The figures are therefore provisional and subject to change.

sa

Post by sa » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:16 am

statistically that means if you dont get result within 6 months,you could be waiting ages...but again this could be skewed by the odd application taking years.
Boonbin thanks for the info.Dont know if the admittance by ukba that they dont meet their targets should be a good evidence for complaint..maybe after the election when the new mp comes,parliamentary ombudsman could be approached with this data.

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:25 am

sa wrote:statistically that means if you dont get result within 6 months,you could be waiting ages...but again this could be skewed by the odd application taking years.
Boonbin thanks for the info.Dont know if the admittance by ukba that they dont meet their targets should be a good evidence for complaint..maybe after the election when the new mp comes,parliamentary ombudsman could be approached with this data.
Read this document: http://www.ombudsman.org.uk/pdfs/UKBA-2010-02-09.pdf

They are already under investigation for not meeting their targets. It covers complaints for all types of ILR applications that have not met the published targets. You will see from this report that the Independant Chief Inspector of UKBA is also producing a report on this matter.

To summarise both reports are not in favour of UKBA, thus UKBA have been asked to put measures in place to retify these long waits.

All you can do is highlight you own long wait to your MP as the "powers that be" already know that UKBA aren't meeting their targets.

sa

Post by sa » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:30 am

they call it straighten a dogs tail...maybe thats the response that we are seeing now.the delays still persist after the brief surge in decisions.

powermatic

Post by powermatic » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:26 pm

HELLO EVERYONE
well, as I can see we have not heard any good news for some time now... I wonder how much longer we have to wait in total silence and blindness :(
I really hope that one of us will get documents soon, preferably January applicants,.... must say I was much more optimistic during time when almost every day someone was announcing good news.
:?
we currently have 4 members in the bottom half of the list that had applied in January. Once they will move to the top of the list we will have a good sign of further progress....
:arrow:

sa

Post by sa » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:56 am

beige you have crossed the 14 week mark..Did you phone up and enquire?If not please do now.

Beige
- thin ice -

Post by Beige » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:33 am

I did that last week sa and i was told 'your application is not complete'

Beige
- thin ice -

Post by Beige » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:19 pm

RECEIVED APPLICATIONS:

london101 applied 8/01/10 received 15/04/10 WAITED FOR 13.6 weeks
Haha applied on 24/07/09 received 25/11/09 WAITED FOR 17.7 weeks
Rajj applied on 15/07/09 received 17/12/09 WAITED FOR 22.1 weeks
bird applied on 06/11/09 recieved 21/04/10 WAITED FOR 23.5 weeks
Oluwa112 applied 10/08/08 and received 17/02/10: WAITED FOR 27.3 weeks
Hangermajor applied 17/09/09 received 06/04/10 WAITED FOR 28.5 weeks
Foxy applied 24/08/09 received 27/03/10 WAITED FOR 30.5 weeks
CLS applied 27/08/09 received 29/03/10 WAITED FOR 31 weeks
Taylondon applied 11/09/09 rejected 16/04/10 WAITED FOR 31 weeks
Croydon applied 17/08/09 received 23/03/10 WAITED FOR 31.1 weeks
Terriblefish applied 08/09/09 received 16/04/10 WAITED FOR 31.3 weeks
Kingie67 applied 17/08/09 received 29/03/10 WAITED FOR 32 weeks
Dolf applied 24/08/09 received 07/04/10 WAITED FOR 32.2 weeks
Thms applied 28/08/09 received 12/04/10 WAITED FOR 32.3 weeks
Boonbin applied on 10/08/09 received 01/04/10 WAITED FOR 33.3 weeks
Sheng applied on 05/08/09 received 07/04/10 WAITED FOR 35 weeks
Liverpool applied 25/07/09 received 12/04/10 WAITED FOR 37.2 weeks

STILL PENDING: under 10 years lawful SET(O) category

NoWayOut applied on 03/08/09 and is still waiting: now 38.3 weeks
sr applied 17/08/09 and is still waiting now: 36.3 weeks
Beige applied 11/01/2010 and is still waiting: now 15.3 weeks
pv applied 20/01/2010 and is still waiting: now 14 weeks
chiko14june applied 20/01/2010 and is still waiting: now 14 weeks
coolboyuk applied 22/01/10 and is still waiting: now 13.6weeks
Sa applied 04/02/10 and is still waiting: now 11.8weeks
yeezhexiang applied 08/02/10 and is still waiting: now 11.3 weeks
graham834 applied 09/02/10 and is still waiting: now 11 weeks
DA375 applied 18/02/10 and is still waiting: now 9.8 weeks
aman5 applied 25/02/10 and is still waiting: now 8.8 weeks
Powermatic applied 10/03/10 and is still waiting: now 7 weeks
mala applied 29/03/2010 and is still waiting: now 4.3 weeks
zeddie applied 05/04/10 and is still waiting: now 3.3 weeks

coolboyuk
- thin ice -

Post by coolboyuk » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:39 am

:D this thread is really quiet nowadays unless anyone having a pointless argument! 8)

BTW, do you guys think that there will be some sort of effect on existing applicants if a new goverment forms next week ? :?

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:05 am

coolboyuk wrote::D this thread is really quiet nowadays unless anyone having a pointless argument! 8)

BTW, do you guys think that there will be some sort of effect on existing applicants if a new goverment forms next week ? :?
What is there to say? "Still waiting, are you still waiting?" "Yup still waiting" :lol: Most of us know it's pointless contacting the UKBA for a progress update so we can't even discuss the progress.

The effect of a new government:

BNP - UKBA will be inundated with application withdraws
The Rest - sweet nada, initially. Though my personal opinion is that the existing applications will be "rushed through" to clear the backlog if there is a new immigration policy on the cards.
Hung Parliament - sweet nada for the foreseeable future.

:lol:

coolboyuk
- thin ice -

Post by coolboyuk » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:31 am

:D speaking of BNP, I thought I better share this joke I received other day

"Britain is full". BNP's manifesto has 73 pages, 60 of them carries information all about immigration, so regardless of the party coming to power, UKBA will be replaced by BNP. :lol:

optimist_eternal
BANNED

Post by optimist_eternal » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:21 am

Irrespective of whichever party comes to power, applicants who submitted their applications before May 2010 may not be too affected as once the UKBA sends acknowledgment to these applicants (of having received these applicants applications), whichever party comes to power, it would be extremely difficult to introduce any new law that would effect applicants whose applications are already with the UKBA before 06th May 2010.

The reason, among other things, why I say this is 'coz Courts may step in if the incoming govt. introduces any new immigration rules with restrospective effect so at least applicants whose ILR applications are already lying with the UKBA (waiting to be processed) may, perhaps, not be affected even if there is any change in policy by the incoming govt. on immigration matters after 06th May.

coolboyuk
- thin ice -

Post by coolboyuk » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:03 am

we just have to wait and see! :?

oluwa112

Post by oluwa112 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:15 am

hello everyone!! Just back from a holiday!!! YAY to the semi Freedom zone. coming thru immigrations for the 1st time with my ILR and as soon as they looked the pages of my passport, his response was oh so you live here. and with a huge grin on my face i replied YES!! (thinking to myself, living here the past 11yrs too). but the immigration officer went on to ask me on what basis, not sure if he was just nosy or was for his job!.... i responded Long Residence and he stamped my passport and i kept it moving! :)

So i wanna say a big congratulations to all those that have heard back good new, and goodluck to those waiting!

And Taylondon so sorry about the rejection after 6months wait. so so cruel pf them to keep u on hold like that. I wish you luck on your next application and i hope that your wait wont be as long