ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Dino99

Post by Dino99 » Fri May 18, 2012 7:06 pm

GBEMI wrote:Not sure where HO will sent my ducoment to Agency or Home? Since they sent my acknowledgement letter to my home. But Dino got his through Agency.
Hi GBEMI,

Just to clarify, I didn't apply through agency or solicitor.

I had provided prepaid envelope with my office address, keeping in mind that I am always in office on working hours when normally post arrives. Received the acknow at office. But HO put a sticker of my home address on top of office address which I written on the envelope. Well.. the fear came true as Post man left the Out of Home card yesterday and I got to pick up the PP today.

Zainy

Post by Zainy » Fri May 18, 2012 7:17 pm

Dino99 wrote:
GBEMI wrote:Not sure where HO will sent my ducoment to Agency or Home? Since they sent my acknowledgement letter to my home. But Dino got his through Agency.
Hi GBEMI,

I had provided prepaid envelope with my office address, keeping in mind that I am always in office on working hours when normally post arrives. Received the acknow at office. But HO put a sticker of my home address on top of office address which I written on the envelope. Well.. the fear came true as Post man left the Out of Home card yesterday and I got to pick up the PP today.
@Dino99 first of all congratulation,i don't know the way royal mail works because when the post man deliever my passport last friday i was also on work and when i get back home i found my pp delievery and nobody was at home and the post man just delievered it without taking anyone signature,its strange but it was good for me anyway,

uddinriaz

Post by uddinriaz » Fri May 18, 2012 7:55 pm

Loveislovely wrote:
carpe_ deam wrote:
antonyos wrote:Hey All

Glad to hear Feb Applicants have started to recieve their passport back. Congrats Vonk.

Hemalay, I also applied on 27th of Feb. Looks like its 3 of us in total applying on this exact date. Sam, Km25, and myself. Lets keep our fingers crossed. Guess we have another 2 weeks wait.

Good Luck
This week Lots of Feb Applicant will receive their ILR...

Lets get Ready!

Best of Luck for all the ILR applicant..

Carpe_deam :D
@Carpe_deam!

I am ready and waiting, due to the fact that I have applied towards the end of February, I'll allow another 2-3 weeks before I get real concern, for now, I am just enjoying other applicants victory..... I am hoping to see your post soon, stay strong and be bless.....

loveislovely
wooow its very good news that Feb applicants have started recieving their passport back i did also apply in feb sent my application on 22nd Feb hope to get good news soon

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Post by Loveislovely » Fri May 18, 2012 7:57 pm

Zainy wrote:
Dino99 wrote:
Hi GBEMI,

@Dino99 first of all congratulation,i don't know the way royal mail works because when the post man deliever my passport last friday i was also on work and when i get back home i found my pp delievery and nobody was at home and the post man just delievered it without taking anyone signature,its strange but it was good for me anyway,
@Zainy, some postman just can't be bothered to do their jobs properly, I have had it done to me twice, when I applied for visa extention as a student, I was shocked, I was home, but he did not even bother to find out if anyone was at home, I was happy though.... another thing, my postman sometimes put other people's mail, even when the address states other wise, I know they maybe tired, but, I do not want them shoving my passport through someone else's letter box.

Loveislovely
All for one, one for all..... Peace

uddinriaz

Re: Feb Applicants

Post by uddinriaz » Fri May 18, 2012 7:58 pm

antonyos wrote:
Dino99 wrote:
rumee007 wrote:
Dino99 wrote:Hey Guys,,

I have provided prepaid special delivery envelope attaching my office address with application but today received the Royal mail 'Out of Home' delivery card at my Home when I was in work this morning.

HO sent acknowledgement Letter to my office address as I requested on form, for some reason they send doc (May be PP??) back at home. However, I will pick up the post from sorting office tomorrow and will update you.

Dino

hopefully you will be sorted today...finger crossed.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey Guys ..... I got it.

Passport Sent: 24 Feb
HO Received: 27 Feb
Acknow: 5 March
ILR Stamped: 29 April
Received: 17 May

Thank you all in this forum for help and support. Hope to see you guys in a year time in Brit Ctznship thread.

Dino.

Dino news is great for all Feb Applicants. Guess we can recieved it anytime next week then, fingers crossed. Just as two other applicants here, I sent my pass on Feb 27th.

woow congratulations dude its mean i am (Inshallah) getting my PP back soon i sent my application on 22nd Feb

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Post by Loveislovely » Fri May 18, 2012 8:29 pm

@Dino99
@Zak149
@Jl70
@Ven25

Congrats guys!

I hope you enjoy your new found freedom, and good luck, I applied one day after Dino and I am keeping my fingers cross, in the hope that I will receive mine sometime next week, I pray that the rest of the members of the forum who are waiting patiently, will receive their's soon.... GOOD LUCK.

Loveislovely

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Post by Loveislovely » Fri May 18, 2012 8:40 pm

Loveislovely wrote:@Dino99
@Zak149
@Jl70
@Ven25

Congrats guys!

I hope you enjoy your new found freedom, and good luck, I applied one day after Dino and I am keeping my fingers cross, in the hope that I will receive mine sometime next week, I pray that the rest of the members of the forum who are waiting patiently, will receive their's soon.... GOOD LUCK.

Loveislovely
ATTENTION ALL.......

Can someone update the TIMELINES...... PLEEEEASE.

Chemistry

Re: Feb Applicants

Post by Chemistry » Fri May 18, 2012 10:40 pm

Please what documents did you send with your application?

antonyos wrote:
Dino99 wrote:
rumee007 wrote:
Dino99 wrote:Hey Guys,,

I have provided prepaid special delivery envelope attaching my office address with application but today received the Royal mail 'Out of Home' delivery card at my Home when I was in work this morning.

HO sent acknowledgement Letter to my office address as I requested on form, for some reason they send doc (May be PP??) back at home. However, I will pick up the post from sorting office tomorrow and will update you.

Dino

hopefully you will be sorted today...finger crossed.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey Guys ..... I got it.

Passport Sent: 24 Feb
HO Received: 27 Feb
Acknow: 5 March
ILR Stamped: 29 April
Received: 17 May

Thank you all in this forum for help and support. Hope to see you guys in a year time in Brit Ctznship thread.

Dino.

Dino news is great for all Feb Applicants. Guess we can recieved it anytime next week then, fingers crossed. Just as two other applicants here, I sent my pass on Feb 27th.

GBEMI
- thin ice -

Post by GBEMI » Fri May 18, 2012 10:41 pm

WHO IS NEXT?

GBEMI
- thin ice -

Post by GBEMI » Fri May 18, 2012 10:45 pm

@Jl70
@Ven25

COULD YOU TELL US HOW MANY WEEKS IT TOOK FOR YOUR PASSPORT TO GET BACK.

GBEMI
- thin ice -

Post by GBEMI » Fri May 18, 2012 10:47 pm

WE WILL ALL HEAR GOOD NEWS THIS COMING WEEK BY THE GRACE OF GOD.

piscean_sa
Newly Registered

ILR Long Residence Waiting Time

Post by piscean_sa » Fri May 18, 2012 11:11 pm

Hello All,

Just for everyone's info...

Application sent: 02/02/2012
Acknowledgement received: 09/02/2012
ILR Visa stamped: 28/04/2012
Visa/Passport received: 18/05/2012

5 year Student visa
1 Year SEGS visa
10 months Student visa
4 Year Tier 1 visa

(I had about 10 years and 8 months, and not exactly 10 years)

Good luck everyone.

Ash2
Newly Registered

Post by Ash2 » Sat May 19, 2012 12:40 am

By the grace of Almighty Allah I have received my ILR
Applied: 1st Feb 2012
No Acknowledgement letter received ( Phoned up UKBA and asked for reference No which was given)
ILR granted on 23 April 2012
Passport received 17 May 2012

Due to administration error made by UKBA, last leave was granted but HO file showed application made was out of time. Sent proof and coverying explaining situation.

Outcome: ILR
Thanks for your help and prayers, I pray for you all who are waiting for their ILR. Goodluck Ash

jl70
Newly Registered

Post by jl70 » Sat May 19, 2012 7:26 am

GBEMI wrote:@Jl70
@Ven25

COULD YOU TELL US HOW MANY WEEKS IT TOOK FOR YOUR PASSPORT TO GET BACK.
posted 25/01/2012
recvd 17/05/2012
16weeks 1 day(113 days)

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Post by Loveislovely » Sat May 19, 2012 1:46 pm

GBEMI wrote:WE WILL ALL HEAR GOOD NEWS THIS COMING WEEK BY THE GRACE OF GOD.
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Post by Loveislovely » Sat May 19, 2012 1:55 pm

@Piecean & Ash2
Congrats on receiving your ILR, enjoy....

uddinriaz

Post by uddinriaz » Sat May 19, 2012 3:24 pm

Inshallah we will my friend,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
GBEMI wrote:WE WILL ALL HEAR GOOD NEWS THIS COMING WEEK BY THE GRACE OF GOD.

uddinriaz

Post by uddinriaz » Sat May 19, 2012 3:26 pm

[quote="Ash2"]By the grace of Almighty Allah I have received my ILR
Applied: 1st Feb 2012
No Acknowledgement letter received ( Phoned up UKBA and asked for reference No which was given)
ILR granted on 23 April 2012
Passport received 17 May 2012

Due to administration error made by UKBA, last leave was granted but HO file showed application made was out of time. Sent proof and coverying explaining situation.

Outcome: ILR
Thanks for your help and prayers, I pray for you all who are waiting for their ILR. Goodluck Ash[/qu

congratulations,,,,,,,,,,,

ONE-DAY
Newly Registered

Post by ONE-DAY » Sun May 20, 2012 12:50 am

km25 wrote:Hi Everyone,

Here's my info

Application posted on: 27/02/2012
Application reached HO on: 28/02/2012 (Reached before the new biometric application process started)
Acknowledgement dated: 01/03/2012

Case:
Straight forward - Student + Tier 1 visa. However, lost passport had my first visa for 1 year. Had a photocopy of the lost passport and the visa fortunately!

Documents sent:
Application form, Photocopy of lost passport/visa, lost report from police station, Old Passport, New Passport, Life in the UK results and table showing immigration history and details of absence from the UK.

Thanks everyone and lets hope we get our ILRs soon.

Best Wishes,
KM
What's up, I hope you're good. What's the update on your application please. Any good news.

ONE-DAY
Newly Registered

Re: experience ON SET O

Post by ONE-DAY » Sun May 20, 2012 12:52 am

nickpatel2012 wrote:application posted 19th march 2012
money taken 21/03/2012
case number assigned 29/03/2012
fingure print letter printed 15/04/2012
letter receievd 19/04/2012
fingured done 23/04/2012

now waiting

does anyone knwo how long will i have to wait?
What's up, I hope you're good. What's the update on your application please. Any good news.

GBEMI
- thin ice -

Post by GBEMI » Sun May 20, 2012 8:10 am

Can someone update the timeline pls

vladmeer
Newly Registered

Post by vladmeer » Sun May 20, 2012 4:34 pm

Hello everyone,

Sorry guys i was away from updating the timeline... because i had an injury.

May i say congratulations to all who have received their passports (especially Dino who got it fairly quicker) ..im so happy for them and i wish the best of luck to all those who are still waiting.

i just updated the Time Line excel file on Skydrive.

You will notice i have encompassed two new fields in the table.These are Invitation for Biometric Date and Biometric Enrollment Date. These dates are coloured in green and were added because it is now an requirement for ILR applicants to have their Biometrics taken. And , it will help members to have a good guess when to expect getting their letters asking for their Biometrics.

please you are welcome to have a look ...

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?ci ... CKorAY-TW0

copy and paste above link in browser address bar

All credits for this Excel Sheet goes to original poster and author vien1206

The newly entered information (update) is in black , and i kept the old entries in greyed out.

May i also stress the importance of everyone sharing their information.. this is for the benefit of everyone ...an all for one and one for all thing ;) this is also directed at the silent followers of this great forum.

Average UKBA Processing Time (Based on the last 16 completed applications) is now up to 14.9 weeks, up from 14.7 last week.

all the best guys!

ps: i got passport on 14/05/2012 !

Vladmeer

vladmeer
Newly Registered

Post by vladmeer » Sun May 20, 2012 4:45 pm

hemalay wrote:@Vladmeer I have to quote your comments here. Golden Words.

Remember name of the game is waiting game. you have to wait and when you are waiting Just chill. I have seen people panicking here for no reason.

Prayers for all.

vladmeer wrote:
rumee007 wrote:yeah vladmeer..guess we are nearly there. ppl who applied after 31st jan 2012, they started to get their PP back. so hopefully we should get ous back next week sometime. fingure crossed.
what i am worried about is i was refused twice while i was extending my visa. one was in 2007 and another was in 2009. had some traffice offence issues and i didnt know that record stays up to 5 yrs if you pay fine to any court.
so fingure double cross this time they dnt find any silly reason to refuse my application as no offence been made last 5 yrs.
thnx again ppl here for the support.

hi rumeee007

I agree with past posts suggesting that as long as your stay is currently legal at the point of filing the application then that's all that matters. And i assume your situation has been cleared up when u made the application. in this case, i wouldnt worry too much if i were you.

What is striking is that most people here have not gone through a solicitor because they feel their case is straightforward... unless of course if they have got any complications.

Also, if you have noticed most applications are successfull. But i have also noticed people get more anxious whether their application would be rejected MORE than the anxiety of waiting for weeks hearing nothing, which i think is unjustified a little.

This is why i think people should keep their hopes up since its mostly about waiting... so it helps carry on doing other things in life than contiue worrying.

Patience is a virtue

i also wish everyone updates their situation here so we can all estimate how long our applications are taking .... especially the silent members!

All the best to everyone
Vladmeer

Thank you hemalay ... i am keen to know if u have heard anything about your application.

Vladmeer

Dino99

Post by Dino99 » Sun May 20, 2012 5:09 pm

@Vladmeer .. thanks.

I think my payment method (Postal Order) and Cover Letter (Full immigration history + SAR report) triggered the trick of quick decision. Please note here I had two FPN's which was declared.

By any means the above doesn't guarantee any quick decision, just sharing my exp.

Dino

hemalay

Post by hemalay » Mon May 21, 2012 8:33 am

@Vladmeer : Congratulations mate, I am now topping the waiting list and trust me if my mum could see it she would not be very proud.

@Dino99 : Congratulations dear, This is really good to see you receiving your passport back in 13 weeks. when I posted my application, average waiting time was 9- 10 weeks. There is another thing if you receive you acknowledgement letter very late or do not receive at all, normally you get you paperwork back earlier then others. this has been posted here in this forum before.

@GBEMI : You are really very optimistic and positive from day one, hope you get good news this week.

@ Loveislovely : you are really supportive for every one. God bless you.

Last week was another busy week and all the January applications are now complete (as per list below).

Prayers for all.

Credit for this list to original author vien1206 and thank you vladmeer for updating.
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday