ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

noluck
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by noluck » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:29 pm

Anyone has any idea that whether it is allowed to make fresh application under new category while you still have outstanding application in HO.

HowILR

Post by HowILR » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:43 pm

Can you pls update my details to sky drive:

Application sent: 03/01/2014
Acknowledgement letter sent: 07/01/2014
Acknowledgement letter received: 10/01/2014
Bio received : 23/01/2014
Bio done: 23/01/204

Now start waiting....

Straight forward application 5 years student + 2 years psw + 3 years Hsmp..

Muhammad1

Post by Muhammad1 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:33 pm

Mohd;
straight farward application.
5 yrs student,2 yrs psw,3yrs Tier 1G.
Application set LR sent = 20th sept 2013.
Acknowledgement received = 25th sept.
Biometrics received = 20 oct.
Biomatrics done = 28 oct.
Approval letter = still waiting.
Expecting good news in coming 2 weeks
Inshallah hope fully according to current situation. :D
Best of luck to all.

shez1330

Post by shez1330 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:59 pm

My Timeline

Application sent : 23th Sept 2013
Ack Letter : 28th Sept 2013
Biometric done : 22 Oct 2013
Approval letter/ Biometice : Pending

Is anyone received their documents applied around same time

Pls update skydrive

Thanks
Shez

tweetiebird
Newly Registered

Post by tweetiebird » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:35 am

Hiya

It took 2 working days, I can now see the message and so I sent you further details there.

Best of luck with your application.
turbo_charge wrote:Hi Tweetiebird,

I just had one question and will greatly appreciate if you could answer that:

How many days did it take for the Home Office to respond to your request to expediate the process? (i.e. after you sent them proof of travel etc.)

Was it straight away? A week? couple of days?

Thanks in advance

vm81
Newly Registered

Post by vm81 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:21 am

Dear All

i remember someone here posted an email from Family migrants policy operations team at the HO suggesting that the 2 years qualifying period required for Spouse dependent Settlement can include any previous LTR as a PBS migrant.... i wonder if someone would be kind enough to post it back please as i cant seem to find it now... it will be very helpful.

Thanks

V

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:52 am

I guess you are taking about me here is the mail from HO

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email, I apologise for the delay in responding.

1. If a person has been granted ILR on the basis of 10 years long residence, their spouse can no longer be considered as a PBS dependant, and they must apply for an extension of stay as the partner of a settled person on application form FLR(M). A person here as a PBS dependant would not be able to meet the settlement requirements of the spouse rules if they were to apply directly, without first applying for limited leave to remain on form FLR(M).

2. As long as the spouse was granted leave to enter or remain as the dependant of a PBS migrant prior to 9 July 2012, then the spouse can be considered under the transitional Part 8 rules for further leave to remain as the spouse of a settled person under Paragraph 284. These Part 8 rules do not include the Financial Requirements (including earnings over £18,600) you have mentioned, however they do require an applicant to be adequately maintained and accommodated without recourse to public funds. Further information on this is available on our website at the following address: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

3. A spouse can combine any leave as a PBS dependant with leave as the partner of a settled person granted under Part 8, to meet the qualifying period under paragraph 287 of the Immigration Rules, which is 2 years. They will need to satisfy all the requirements of these rules, including the English language requirement. Further information on this is available on our website at the following address:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... ansitional provisions and http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... uage-life/.

4. A spouse meeting the above requirements can consequently apply for settlement at any point after they have competed 2 years in a combination of these 2 categories (PBS dependant and spouse of a settled person).

I trust this clarifies the situation.

Kind Regards,

Karen.

Karen Joynt | Family Migration Operational Policy | Immigration and Border Policy Directorate | Home Offic

U
vm81 wrote:Dear All

i remember someone here posted an email from Family migrants policy operations team at the HO suggesting that the 2 years qualifying period required for Spouse dependent Settlement can include any previous LTR as a PBS migrant.... i wonder if someone would be kind enough to post it back please as i cant seem to find it now... it will be very helpful.

Thanks

V
ss

vm81
Newly Registered

Post by vm81 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:47 am

thank you SSWSZ. this ir really helpful…

upon receiving my ILR 10 years basis... My wife, who, has been on dep visa since April 2005 (student dep until April '10 and then psw dep from april'10 till jan'11 and then tier 1 dep from jan'11 till now). Do you think we should be fine going for set(m) straight away at the PEO for her ILR? or do i we still have to do FLR (M) and then SET (M) and if so can we do it on the dame day at the PEO?

Your advice would be much appreciated.

thanks

V

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:14 am

The straight way is flr(m) and then set(m) .

I myself will gonna try direct set(m) on 3 February 2014 and then update this forum .pray for me .

vm81 wrote:thank you SSWSZ. this ir really helpful…

upon receiving my ILR 10 years basis... My wife, who, has been on dep visa since April 2005 (student dep until April '10 and then psw dep from april'10 till jan'11 and then tier 1 dep from jan'11 till now). Do you think we should be fine going for set(m) straight away at the PEO for her ILR? or do i we still have to do FLR (M) and then SET (M) and if so can we do it on the dame day at the PEO?

Your advice would be much appreciated.

thanks

V
ss

vm81
Newly Registered

Post by vm81 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:53 am

oh… ok, that would be great! I hope it would turn out to be successful… best wishes

look forward to your update.

Thanks

V

afridi786
Newly Registered

Post by afridi786 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:33 am

Hi Everyone, I have been a silent reader of this forum for few months now. my question is that I have recently applied for a Long Residency visa after being a student for ten years, my wife have been in the UK for 6 months under the Tier 4 dependent, her visa will finish in 2015, my question is that does my wife have to switch from Tier 4 dependent to Partner of settled person when I receive the visa or she can wait till the last month of her visa expiry? Also someone told me that points based dependent can apply to extend their points based dependent visa for up to three years before applying for a partner of a settled person? If she does need to apply for partner of I have to earn £18,600 for my dependent no or when her leave finished in 2015? as I was on Tier 4 so I can not show that I was earning £18,600 in the past 12 months because I am not allowed to work full time. is this gross or after tax? Please help me asap thanks.

afridi786

CKP

Post by CKP » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:38 am

Hi

I went to France on 18th Aug 2007 by coach. There is no arrival stamp from french border control. I came back to uk on 23rd Aug 2007. Ukba stamped my passport on arrival at calis port on 23rd Aug 2013.

Does this make any problem on my ILR application ?

Waiting for you reply

Thanks

afridi786
Newly Registered

Post by afridi786 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:41 am

Hi Everyone this forum is a great thing especially for long residency who are waiting for months and months.

please update the drive for my timeline,
10 years student
Application sent : 16th Sept 2013
Ack Letter : 23th Sept 2013
Biometric done : 08th Oct 2013
Approval letter/ Biometice : Have been waiting all my life :?
Please let me know if any September applications are returned.
Please update skydrive and pray that I get result as soon as possible

Thanks

zubimcs
Newly Registered

Post by zubimcs » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:58 am

I have received my ILR approval letter with other documents on monday 20th-Jan but have not received BRP yet. I was expecting it to be arrived by now. Does any know why if it takes so long. I am anxious because i have already booked a NCP appointment for my son who was burn in UK & is 12 months old now.

kushg12
Newly Registered

Post by kushg12 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:50 pm

tweetiebird wrote:I am in shock, I posted only a few days ago to be put in skydrive expecting to get letter end of Feb at earliest but am happy to report I got my approval letter Saturday 09th January (but was not home to receive it so only collected it today). Thank God and thank you for this wonderful board and the support here. Wishing everyone else the best.

Please update the skydrive:

Application sent: 3rd October 2013
Acknowledgement Letter: 7th October 2013
Biometics Letter: 22nd October 2013
Biometrics done: 25th October 2013
Approval Letter and Passports: 9th January 2014
BRP: Waiting

I have to say that I sent them two extra letters post application. One to explain I had travel plans in December and January (for holiday) which were ignored. I then have an urgent work trip end of January and so my employer sent a letter and faxes asking for expediting the process, I also called the case worker to ask for expediting. They never said they would expedite it. So I am not sure if this is just the natural processing time it would have taken anyway.
Congrats tweetie bird. I wanted to ask you a question. I requested home office to expedite my application couple of weeks ago. I sent them an email,fax and letter as well. Do they write to you to let you know that they have received a request to expedite the application? or how am i supposed to find out that they have received my request. Waiting for your reply. Thank you

egoneo

Post by egoneo » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:50 pm

khani wrote:
Hardikjshah83 wrote:
khani wrote:Hi

Anyone know about the Gap effect on application ??? I applied for tier 4 extension in 2008 before my visa expiry date, but few days later HO retrurn my application as invalid as I forgot to fill the criminal part of application. They asked me to fill it and return, i did the same but cant remember when I sent my application again it was before or after expiry of my visa.

thanks
You ate allowed 28 days gap. So if you have returned your file within 28 days it should be allowed by HO.

If you not sure you can ask HO to provide all your immigration history in FOI request by providing your details.

This way they will send all your applications case worker notes etc . Whatever they have on file for you . You can then determine when you have returned your application.

I have requested that way.

Thanks, are you sure 28 days gap is allowed ?? I was checking some posts here, some say 10 days gap is on discretion of case worker ??? Yes I definitely submitted it well before 28 days.
Hi Khani,

i am in somewhat a similar position to you. I submitted an application in 2007 a few days before the expiry of my visa but the home office returned the application a few days after my visa expired citing that i hadn't ticked a box in the criminal section, and gave me 28 days to return the application otherwise my "money will be returned and application invalid", since they had not returned my money and given me 28 days it is fair to say section 3c was invoked.

Read these it will help

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2003 ... on/12/made
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2007 ... on/17/made

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:23 pm

postman leave a card for me.lets see. i applied 6th september

Taz_555
Newly Registered

Post by Taz_555 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:28 pm

Dear friends,

I am about to apply for ilr on the 10 year basis but have a massive gap of 9 months (between August 2006-May 2007)

I came to the uk in february 2004 and my current visa is due to expire in September 2014. All visas were student visas. I have never been late with any applications nor been refused any visas.

Reason for the gap was that my college was harassing me for money and threatening to get me into trouble with home office (even though they didn't have any teachers and was just making money). I was still young and was stressed and depressed and when back home to my family. There I saw my family doctor who advised me not to go back any soon. Things got worse as my mom suffered a heart attack and this affected me more and was unable to return anytime soon. It's took me about 9 months to recover mentally and came back to Uk still having a valid visa.

I did change college and notified HO of this event when I applied for renewal which I got without any difficulty.

I need your input guys. Do you think they will consider this to be a valid reason for the gap. I have a letter from my family doctor outlining the events which led to this 9 months gap. I have spoken to a solicitor and he says it's 50-50. What are your thoughts guys?
Last edited by Taz_555 on Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

meb4ne1

Post by meb4ne1 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:48 pm

esmsi wrote:postman leave a card for me.lets see. i applied 6th september
Hoping and praying its the good news for you... keep us updated... you picking it today?? :mrgreen:

afridi786
Newly Registered

Post by afridi786 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:53 pm

[quote="zubimcs"]I have received my ILR approval letter with other documents on monday 20th-Jan but have not received BRP yet. I was expecting it to be arrived by now. Does any know why if it takes so long. I am anxious because i have already booked a NCP appointment for my son who was burn in UK & is 12 months old now.[/quote]

Congrast Mate when did you apply ?

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:07 pm

No.

This delivery is my online shopping.

Again waiting game for ILR
meb4ne1 wrote:
esmsi wrote:postman leave a card for me.lets see. i applied 6th september
Hoping and praying its the good news for you... keep us updated... you picking it today?? :mrgreen:

members

Post by members » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:44 pm

kushg12 wrote:
tweetiebird wrote:I am in shock, I posted only a few days ago to be put in skydrive expecting to get letter end of Feb at earliest but am happy to report I got my approval letter Saturday 09th January (but was not home to receive it so only collected it today). Thank God and thank you for this wonderful board and the support here. Wishing everyone else the best.

Please update the skydrive:

Application sent: 3rd October 2013
Acknowledgement Letter: 7th October 2013
Biometics Letter: 22nd October 2013
Biometrics done: 25th October 2013
Approval Letter and Passports: 9th January 2014
BRP: Waiting

I have to say that I sent them two extra letters post application. One to explain I had travel plans in December and January (for holiday) which were ignored. I then have an urgent work trip end of January and so my employer sent a letter and faxes asking for expediting the process, I also called the case worker to ask for expediting. They never said they would expedite it. So I am not sure if this is just the natural processing time it would have taken anyway.
Congrats tweetie bird. I wanted to ask you a question. I requested home office to expedite my application couple of weeks ago. I sent them an email,fax and letter as well. Do they write to you to let you know that they have received a request to expedite the application? or how am i supposed to find out that they have received my request. Waiting for your reply. Thank you
please give us the email & postal addresses, and the fax number that you sent your request to

MrA2Z
Pakistan

Post by MrA2Z » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:41 am

I don't know about other things but £18,600 is definitely gross. It can include your savings as well. Just go to any Asian accountant, they will guide you.
afridi786 wrote:Hi Everyone, I have been a silent reader of this forum for few months now. my question is that I have recently applied for a Long Residency visa after being a student for ten years, my wife have been in the UK for 6 months under the Tier 4 dependent, her visa will finish in 2015, my question is that does my wife have to switch from Tier 4 dependent to Partner of settled person when I receive the visa or she can wait till the last month of her visa expiry? Also someone told me that points based dependent can apply to extend their points based dependent visa for up to three years before applying for a partner of a settled person? If she does need to apply for partner of I have to earn £18,600 for my dependent no or when her leave finished in 2015? as I was on Tier 4 so I can not show that I was earning £18,600 in the past 12 months because I am not allowed to work full time. is this gross or after tax? Please help me asap thanks.

afridi786

rehan78
Newly Registered

Post by rehan78 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:50 pm

Thankx GOD i got my visa today

application sent : 10 sept 2013
Ack letter : 16 sept 2013
Bio invitation : 08 oct 2013
biometric done : 12 oct 2013
Approval letter : 25 jan 2014

Best of luck everyone

raaz0800

Post by raaz0800 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:58 pm

rehan78 wrote:Thankx GOD i got my visa today

application sent : 10 sept 2013
Ack letter : 16 sept 2013
Bio invitation : 08 oct 2013
biometric done : 12 oct 2013
Approval letter : 25 jan 2014

Best of luck everyone
Congratulations brother finally you got relief. Free from this stress.How did you complete ten years.
Raaz