ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Spatacus » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:57 pm

SSWSZ wrote:One friend of mine got ILR yesterday applied on 9 sep 2013
hello sswsz
congratulations to your friend
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

jdoon
Newly Registered

Post by jdoon » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:04 am

Got ilr 10 yrs lawfull residence
App. Sent 12 sep13
Ack rec.14sep13
Bio.done 22oct13
Approval 27jan14
Bio card 28jan14

Ashblackhawk
Newly Registered

Post by Ashblackhawk » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:42 am

vm81 wrote:Hello

Wonder if anyone has any recent success in applying set(m) directly at PEO rather than flr(m) and then set(m) for their spouse who has been here for at least 5 or more years (however has been on student dependant + psw dependant plus pbs dependant). I'm aware that our friend sswz is going to try PEO on 3 feb but if anyone else has succeeded recently or in past.... Please shed some light. As I have posted earlier I'm thinking of applying set(m) directly for my wife who has been here since 2005 in various dependant visa categories as stated above.

Your insight would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

V
My case below written a month ago. Don't forget certificate proving degree in English or any official/authorised set of certificate which proves English proficiency. FYI, the application was made at PEO Croydon.

Good luck.
Disclaimer: this is for guidance and not any kind of official advise.

Hi guys,

I want to share the story of my spouse's ilr - set m visa application that we made today and she got her ilr within one hour or so. Hope it will give some guidance to people in similar situation.

The situation goes as follows. My current tier 2 visa was expiring in april 2014 however since I was eligible for ilr lr in august i went for it. Got it one week before 4 months were about to finish from the day of application. Likewise my spouse had her tier 2 dependent till april 2014. I received my ilr - long residence two weeks back. My wife was with me since July 2006 first as student dependent till early 2009, then as psw dependent till early 2011 and then as tier 2 dependent. Her total time in uk = 7.5 years. She started working in uk as dependent since jan 2007 and still does. Now I decided to take a chance and go for set(m) appointment not flr(m) as I checked out that few people have got that in past while some of them recently had to change to flr(m) and then to set(m) like mr. Ganti. My solicitor also advised me to apply for flr m followed by set m after it, but I decided not to do so. I did took flr m and flr fp which I saw were present on ukba website just in case I have to go for one of those.

I took set(m) appointment online and took all the necessary documents like four documents which were in both our names from atleast three different sources including tenancy agreements spanning over last two three years or so and also six documents in my name, bank statements, utility bills - electric water and landline, usual payslips, employment letters, council tax, hmrc, dvla, nhs etc. I also took six documents which were in my spouse name (including Naric confirming degree in english) spanning for two three years too also from similar kind of sources. For case workers reference, I also put copy of immigration rules from 278-287.

So basically I reached office twenty minutes before appointment, first ticket number was issued, I had prepared full file folder containing all documents which was collected along with my wife's passports & brp and my brp with ilr and my passport too, no questions at this point, then my spouse was called for biometric after which we waited in cafeteria for one hour and then we were called at desk for document collection where we were told that my spouse has been granted ilr based on her set m application. Got the approval letter, brp will be sent in 7-10 days by post.

No questions asked in the whole process and was straightforward may be because I had nicely laid out all the documents in order and probably all that was needed was present for the case worker spanning up to three years.

Sometimes luck does work on your side. Hope it helps.

Thanks to guys here who had provided earlier references on my query on people with similar situations in the past.

Good luck to all.
Ashblackhawk
Or go here
http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... ml#p965231
Last edited by Ashblackhawk on Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ashblackhawk
Newly Registered

Post by Ashblackhawk » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:01 am

Spatacus wrote:

Wonder if anyone has any recent success in applying set(m) directly at PEO rather than flr(m) and then set(m) for their spouse who has been here for at least 5 or more years (however has been on student dependant + psw dependant plus pbs dependant). I'm aware that our friend sswz is going to try PEO on 3 feb but if anyone else has succeeded recently or in past.... Please shed some light. As I have posted earlier I'm thinking of applying set(m) directly for my wife who has been here since 2005 in various dependant visa categories as stated above.

Thanks

V
Hello vm81,
some people have tried that on this forum and they have succeeded, you might want to give it a try there is no harm in trying, i can only advise you to fill both FLR(M) and SET(M) forms and go along to the PEO with them, just incase they insist that your dependant must first change to FLR(M) before SET(M).
Hope this helps
Hi Spatacus,

Could you add the link that I gave in the previous post (which directs user to my post) to your set of links with similar situation that you provided to my query on same subject three months back or at least let moderator know about it so it can be useful to as many people out there in future in similar situation.

Congratulations to all guys who have got ilr recently and good luck to all who are on their way.

Thanks.

vm81
Newly Registered

Post by vm81 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:41 am

Dear Alexander12, Spatacus and Ashblackhawk - thank you very much for your response. its been extremely helpful. I think we might go for direct Set (M) but will take FLR (M) with us when we go. we would go to PEO in Liverpool.

Thanks again

V

Alexander12
Newly Registered

Post by Alexander12 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:57 am

vm81 wrote:Dear Alexander12, Spatacus and Ashblackhawk - thank you very much for your response. its been extremely helpful. I think we might go for direct Set (M) but will take FLR (M) with us when we go. we would go to PEO in Liverpool.

Thanks again

V

Good Luck Buddy,
and keep us posted with your progress.
All the very best

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:22 am

Congrate you and pray for us.

jdoon wrote:Got ilr 10 yrs lawfull residence
App. Sent 12 sep13
Ack rec.14sep13
Bio.done 22oct13
Approval 27jan14
Bio card 28jan14

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:16 pm

Have you not recived yet?
You done bio before me
a242 06/09/2013

Badman87

Post by Badman87 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:50 pm

Does anyone know who delivers the ILR? Is it normal Royal Mail or is it DX? If so, what time range do they deliver?

a242
Newly Registered

Post by a242 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:00 pm

esmsi wrote:Have you not recived yet?
You done bio before me
a242 06/09/2013
I am still waiting....pray for me.

pritti
Newly Registered

Post by pritti » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:10 pm

Hello All,
I need some advice for my 10 year ilr application.
my visa expired on 5th August 2013.
my 10 year was completing on 24th Nov 2013.
my lawyer filed FLRO application base on private life which was refused and i have been granted appeal for june 2014.
now that i have completed 10 year in uk can i submit my 10 year ilr application
this is what i have been advised by one solicitor and another solicito claim i cannot.

i also had 2 exam in dec 2013 which was mentioned in the flro app.

please help as i am so confused as i am getting different views.

many thanks
priti

Md anser
Newly Registered

Post by Md anser » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:39 pm

Hello guys,

I think i am in big trouble. Yesterday morning i received a letter stating that I have to pay fine of 550 pounds for not buying the ticket in tram and the decision have been made by the court. I called the baileef people and they mentioned this offence took place about 4 years ago and they contacted me at my previous address , where as the address they mention, as my previous address, actually it was the first address when I came in the UK. any way now I am very scared. Will it effect on my application?[/b]( I applied on 24th nov and I did my biometric on 12th january).....

CKP

Post by CKP » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:57 pm

pritti wrote:Hello All,
I need some advice for my 10 year ilr application.
my visa expired on 5th August 2013.
my 10 year was completing on 24th Nov 2013.
my lawyer filed FLRO application base on private life which was refused and i have been granted appeal for june 2014.
now that i have completed 10 year in uk can i submit my 10 year ilr application
this is what i have been advised by one solicitor and another solicito claim i cannot.

i also had 2 exam in dec 2013 which was mentioned in the flro app.

please help as i am so confused as i am getting different views.

many thanks
priti
explain your case in detail here as what visa you are on at the moment etc..

pritti
Newly Registered

Post by pritti » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:21 pm

hi..
i was on student up to 5th august 2013. And just before expiry my solicitor advise to apply for flro . i still had 2 acca exam to resit but he advised to file flro instead of student visa.
Visa was refused in beginning of October 2013. November 12 filed for appeal. on the 24th november 2013 i completed 10 years in uk. i have received hearing date for June 2014. However i want to file for the 10 year ilr now.

is that possible as im getting different views. many thanks

afridi786
Newly Registered

Post by afridi786 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:11 pm

[quote="afridi786"]Hi Everyone, I have been a silent reader of this forum for few months now. my question is that I have recently applied for a Long Residency visa after being a student for ten years, my wife have been in the UK for 6 months under the Tier 4 dependent, her visa will finish in 2015, my question is that does my wife have to switch from Tier 4 dependent to Partner of settled person when I receive the visa or she can wait till the last month of her visa expiry? Also someone told me that points based dependent can apply to extend their points based dependent visa for up to three years before applying for a partner of a settled person? If she does need to apply for partner of I have to earn £18,600 for my dependent no or when her leave finished in 2015? as I was on Tier 4 so I can not show that I was earning £18,600 in the past 12 months because I am not allowed to work full time. is this gross or after tax? Please help me asap thanks.

afridi786[/quote]

Dear MODs or any Gurus,
Could you please answer the question above as I want to know that do I apply for FLR (M) or other forms? do I apply straight away or wait till her visa finishes in end of 2015? Can she extend her Tier 4 dependent or apply for FLR (M)? Do I need to show £18,600? she has been here for 7 moths now. Please reply ASAP and I hope they finish September applications asap as I have been waiting desperately

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:03 pm

It's very clearly discussed in this form that when you get ILR because of long residency your dependent will have to apply for flr(m) and then settlement .i also post home office mail regarding this matter .also your wife is here just 7 months ago so she came under new rules means she can apply for indefinite after 5 years .about income threshold I don't think you have to show this time because ur student through out 10 years but after 2.5 years when your wife is due for 2nd term of her flr(m) you have to meet income threshold .what my suggestion is when u get ILR straight away apply for your wife flr(m) as you have to do the same when your wife current leave to remain expires.

Plz senior members correct me if I am wrong .this is just my opinion wait for more responses and then decide .you have enough time .hope this help.

afridi786 wrote:
afridi786 wrote:Hi Everyone, I have been a silent reader of this forum for few months now. my question is that I have recently applied for a Long Residency visa after being a student for ten years, my wife have been in the UK for 6 months under the Tier 4 dependent, her visa will finish in 2015, my question is that does my wife have to switch from Tier 4 dependent to Partner of settled person when I receive the visa or she can wait till the last month of her visa expiry? Also someone told me that points based dependent can apply to extend their points based dependent visa for up to three years before applying for a partner of a settled person? If she does need to apply for partner of I have to earn £18,600 for my dependent no or when her leave finished in 2015? as I was on Tier 4 so I can not show that I was earning £18,600 in the past 12 months because I am not allowed to work full time. is this gross or after tax? Please help me asap thanks.

afridi786

Dear MODs or any Gurus,
Could you please answer the question above as I want to know that do I apply for FLR (M) or other forms? do I apply straight away or wait till her visa finishes in end of 2015? Can she extend her Tier 4 dependent or apply for FLR (M)? Do I need to show £18,600? she has been here for 7 moths now. Please reply ASAP and I hope they finish September applications asap as I have been waiting desperately
ss

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:10 pm

Passport and documents deliver by Royal Mail .and brp card came in simple brown envelop without any logo on it so don't know about company .

Badman87 wrote:Does anyone know who delivers the ILR? Is it normal Royal Mail or is it DX? If so, what time range do they deliver?
ss

xincognito
Newly Registered

Post by xincognito » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:34 pm

Spatacus wrote:
xincognito wrote:Application Sent: 21/01/2014
Payment Taken out : 23/01/2014
Acknowledgement letter: 28/01/2014
Biometrics letter received:
Biometrics enrolled:
Approval:
i wish you good luck xincognito
Thanks mate. I appreciate it! :)

Professor123
Newly Registered

Post by Professor123 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:27 pm

pritti wrote:hi..
i was on student up to 5th august 2013. And just before expiry my solicitor advise to apply for flro . i still had 2 acca exam to resit but he advised to file flro instead of student visa.
Visa was refused in beginning of October 2013. November 12 filed for appeal. on the 24th november 2013 i completed 10 years in uk. i have received hearing date for June 2014. However i want to file for the 10 year ilr now.

Hello and sorry to hear about the refusal. The HO clearly states that you should have been in the UK lawfully for 10 years to apply for ILR - 10 years route. You can apply 28 days prior to the 10 years though according to HO. It seems that the solicitor clearly knew that you would not be given ILR and " advised " you to do so.
You cannot apply for ILR-10 again as you have a pending case with the HO. You will have to wait until their decision in June. In court you could argue that you have completed 10 years and that there was no gap in your residency.
Also, as one friend said : "you are the only person that that fight your case with tenacity. Many solicitors are just here to make money and some of them don't even know what they are doing. the law is in the Judge's hands and the HO." Everything that you need to know regarding ILR is on the UKBA website.
Good luck.

SUNSHINE19
Newly Registered

Post by SUNSHINE19 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:29 pm

Hello Gurus,

Can anyone of you please help me with a query . I have applied for long residence(10 years long stay ILR ) visa about 5 months ago, after eagerly awaiting for this long I managed to missed a courier from DX and I rang and found out that it was from home office. Now I do know for sure that the courier contain a BRP CARD but I am utterly confused whether this BRP is old one which still has leave remaining untill jan 2015 or its gonna be the new one for the ILR application I made . Btw I have not received my visa paper work yet,that's the reason of this big confusion.

Please do reply :)

Many Thanks

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:59 pm

Professor123 wrote:
pritti wrote:hi..

Hello and sorry to hear about the refusal. The HO clearly states that you should have been in the UK lawfully for 10 years to apply for ILR - 10 years route. You can apply 28 days prior to the 10 years though according to HO. It seems that the solicitor clearly knew that you would not be given ILR and " advised " you to do so.
You cannot apply for ILR-10 again as you have a pending case with the HO. You will have to wait until their decision in June. In court you could argue that you have completed 10 years and that there was no gap in your residency.
Also, as one friend said : "you are the only person that that fight your case with tenacity. Many solicitors are just here to make money and some of them don't even know what they are doing. the law is in the Judge's hands and the HO." Everything that you need to know regarding ILR is on the UKBA website.
Good luck.
Hello pritti,
sorry to read about your case. you cannot apply for 10 year ILR when u have a scheduled hearing coming up in June 2014. i think you might want to gather all your documents and wait for the appeal hearing day, you can discuss this with an experience solicitor who have dealt with this kind of case in the past. In my own opinion, i would say you should mention it at the court that you are now qualified for 10 years ILR, they might help you sort it out. otherwise asked forum moderators for advice.
cheers and i wish you all the best.

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:07 pm

SUNSHINE19 wrote:Hello Gurus,

Can anyone of you please help me with a query . I have applied for long residence(10 years long stay ILR ) visa about 5 months ago, after eagerly awaiting for this long I managed to missed a courier from DX and I rang and found out that it was from home office. Now I do know for sure that the courier contain a BRP CARD but I am utterly confused whether this BRP is old one which still has leave remaining untill jan 2015 or its gonna be the new one for the ILR application I made . Btw I have not received my visa paper work yet,that's the reason of this big confusion.

Please do reply :)

Many Thanks
Hello sunshine,
there is nothing to worry about. when u rang the courier did u find out how to collect your mail?? if not contact them again and make arrangement for them to re-deliver it to you. Once you receive it you will then open it and find for yourself. we on this forum cannot really give you an answer as to what is in your mail that you missed.

good luck

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:15 pm

Ashblackhawk wrote:

Thanks

V
My case below written a month ago. Don't forget certificate proving degree in English or any official/authorised set of certificate which proves English proficiency. FYI, the application was made at PEO Croydon.

Good luck.
Disclaimer: this is for guidance and not any kind of official advise.

Hi guys,

I want to share the story of my spouse's ilr - set m visa application that we made today and she got her ilr within one hour or so. Hope it will give some guidance to people in similar situation.

The situation goes as follows. My current tier 2 visa was expiring in april 2014 however since I was eligible for ilr lr in august i went for it. Got it one week before 4 months were about to finish from the day of application. Likewise my spouse had her tier 2 dependent till april 2014. I received my ilr - long residence two weeks back. My wife was with me since July 2006 first as student dependent till early 2009, then as psw dependent till early 2011 and then as tier 2 dependent. Her total time in uk = 7.5 years. She started working in uk as dependent since jan 2007 and still does. Now I decided to take a chance and go for set(m) appointment not flr(m) as I checked out that few people have got that in past while some of them recently had to change to flr(m) and then to set(m) like mr. Ganti. My solicitor also advised me to apply for flr m followed by set m after it, but I decided not to do so. I did took flr m and flr fp which I saw were present on ukba website just in case I have to go for one of those.

I took set(m) appointment online and took all the necessary documents like four documents which were in both our names from atleast three different sources including tenancy agreements spanning over last two three years or so and also six documents in my name, bank statements, utility bills - electric water and landline, usual payslips, employment letters, council tax, hmrc, dvla, nhs etc. I also took six documents which were in my spouse name (including Naric confirming degree in english) spanning for two three years too also from similar kind of sources. For case workers reference, I also put copy of immigration rules from 278-287.

So basically I reached office twenty minutes before appointment, first ticket number was issued, I had prepared full file folder containing all documents which was collected along with my wife's passports & brp and my brp with ilr and my passport too, no questions at this point, then my spouse was called for biometric after which we waited in cafeteria for one hour and then we were called at desk for document collection where we were told that my spouse has been granted ilr based on her set m application. Got the approval letter, brp will be sent in 7-10 days by post.

No questions asked in the whole process and was straightforward may be because I had nicely laid out all the documents in order and probably all that was needed was present for the case worker spanning up to three years.

Sometimes luck does work on your side. Hope it helps.

Thanks to guys here who had provided earlier references on my query on people with similar situations in the past.

Good luck to all.
Ashblackhawk
Or go here
http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... ml#p965231
Ashblackhawk congratulations on your spouse's ILR success application. Did you include any form of maintenance fund for your spouse??

pritti
Newly Registered

Post by pritti » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:16 pm

Many thanks for the reply .
Last edited by pritti on Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:20 pm

vm81 wrote:Dear Alexander12, Spatacus and Ashblackhawk - thank you very much for your response. its been extremely helpful. I think we might go for direct Set (M) but will take FLR (M) with us when we go. we would go to PEO in Liverpool.

Thanks again

V
Hi vm81,
you are most welcome. i wish you all the best. May God be with you as you embark on the journey to freedom.