ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

afridi786
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by afridi786 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:57 pm

Could any MOds or Gurus please answer the question below for me.
I have applied for ILR on the basis of 10 years students visa I am expecting this week, My wife has been here for 8 months under Tier 4 dependent, I know I need to apply for her FLR (M), but I am not sure if I need to be earning at least £18,600 or I dont need to be earning that as I just got my ILR?

londonbd2013
Newly Registered

Post by londonbd2013 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:07 pm

Hello Everyone,
Does anyone got any idea when HO will start October 2013 applications?
Deeply waiting for a good result...

Many thanks in advance

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:01 am

If you are student then u don't have to show earnings .because students are not allowed to work so don't worry

afridi786 wrote:
SSWSZ wrote:yes I paid for flr(M) today at the desk its price is 950 or 940 something+1420 for set(M) which is paid online when I book the appointment

vm81 wrote:Dear SSWSZ

Thank you very much for sharing your experience... I am really sorry that you have to go through such a stressful time nearly all day... At least the ilr has been granted.

One question - did you paid fees for both sets of aid action then?

As usual your response is highly appreciated...

Thanks

V

Congrats mate I am happy for you. At least you are you got an ILR Now. I wanted to ask you:
I have applied for ILR on the basis of 10 years students visa I am expecting this week, My wife has been here for 8 months under Tier 4 dependent, I know I need to apply for her FLR (M), I am not sure if I need to be earning at least £18,600 or I dont need to be earning that?
ss

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:02 am

No the package is not for me. its for upstairs.Again waiting from first week of september

Ashblackhawk
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence dependent and set(m) and flr (m)

Post by Ashblackhawk » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:34 am

SSWSZ wrote:First of all I want to say sorry to keep you all waiting for so long but the problem is Croydon is far from my home and I have to do some work on my way back so I just get the time to tell you whole story.u all are correct it's not a good day for me but at least it's a happy ending so I am happy now.

Now I start
Reach at 9.55 am inside building 10.am.
Pass security and got token number 10:13
Submit bio and case exactly 10:45
Call on desk number 12:00
The lady told me as my spouse get indefinite due to long residency so I am not eligible for indefinite so I have to go back and then Apply again on flr(m) and then I can apply on Set (m) in 2016 . To my surprise she clearly mentioned that I have to meet income threshold and said our senior says that without this we will not issue you visa even we mention it that I fall under old rules as I came uk on spouse of pbs in 2006 but they said no you have to show income because you will be consider spouse of settled person from now onwards when u will apply on flr(m)...

At this point I said I have flr(m) and specially mail from home office which is marked and says that I don't have to show income threshold and I can apply for set(m) straight away .they then take the email print out and went inside to discuss with senior member.after 10 to 12 mint they came back and said ok we will give you visa first on flr(m) and then indefinite on set(m) but you have to pay fee for flr right now .so I pay the fee of 9.... Something then they take my flr form did entry and ask me to wait ...
After I guess maximum 20 min they call the number and I collect the document and lady congrats me for my approval and tell me about brp which will reach in maximum 10 day's .so I will be out of building around 1:15pm

If some one want any further information just message me and thanks for waiting .
Thanks for sharing SSWSZ. Happy that it ended with positive outcome in the end. Enjoy the freedom.

Ali1975

Post by Ali1975 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:20 pm

Dear SSWSZ,

Grateful if you could please tell me did you book one PEO appointment or two appointments for two visa applications?

Regards

Ashblackhawk wrote:
SSWSZ wrote:First of all I want to say sorry to keep you all waiting for so long but the problem is Croydon is far from my home and I have to do some work on my way back so I just get the time to tell you whole story.u all are correct it's not a good day for me but at least it's a happy ending so I am happy now.

Now I start
The lady told me as my spouse get indefinite due to long residency so I am not eligible for indefinite so I have to go back and then Apply again on flr(m) and then I can apply on Set (m) in 2016 . To my surprise she clearly mentioned that I have to meet income threshold and said our senior says that without this we will not issue you visa even we mention it that I fall under old rules as I came uk on spouse of pbs in 2006 but they said no you have to show income because you will be consider spouse of settled person from now onwards when u will apply on flr(m)...

At this point I said I have flr(m) and specially mail from home office which is marked and says that I don't have to show income threshold and I can apply for set(m) straight away .they then take the email print out and went inside to discuss with senior member.after 10 to 12 mint they came back and said ok we will give you visa first on flr(m) and then indefinite on set(m) but you have to pay fee for flr right now .so I pay the fee of 9.... Something then they take my flr form did entry and ask me to wait ...
After I guess maximum 20 min they call the number and I collect the document and lady congrats me for my approval and tell me about brp which will reach in maximum 10 day's .so I will be out of building around 1:15pm

If some one want any further information just message me and thanks for waiting .
Thanks for sharing SSWSZ. Happy that it ended with positive outcome in the end. Enjoy the freedom.

tnt2429
Newly Registered

Post by tnt2429 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:22 pm

Hi,

I applied for my wife straight to SET(M) without being asked to switch to FLR(M) first like SWSS case. Hence only paid £1426 through online appoinment booking. The appointment went so smooth and without any questions. Guess it was a very lucky day for us. On the SET(M) form we only filled in maintenance for section 7B which does not requires £18,600 salary as my wife came to UK in 2011 (the old rules applied).

Regarding SET(M) supporting documents, we submitted:
1. Marriage certificate
2. Life in the UK test
3. PET English test result and certificate (to demonstrate B1 level)
4. 6 cohabitation documents
5. 4months payslips + bank statements to prove payslip payments.
That's all we submitted together with the application form (+ photos + passports).

I hope this helps.

tnt2429
suryavaddi wrote:Hi

Congratulation.....!
Could you let us know which supporting documents you submitted along with SET(M) application for your spouse.
Did she write English language test (Speaking and Listening)?
please give full details if any other documents you submitted for your spouse to get Indefinite.

Thank you very much for sharing of your experience.

tnt2429 wrote:Dear all,
I would like to share my success stories regarding my SET(LR) and my Mrs' SET(M) in PEO recently. First i wanr to send my greatthanks to this forum and my special thanks to the Moderators, Gurusand fellow members for their helpful discussions and tips.

SET(LR) - 7yrs student + 3yrs Tier 2(G)
Application sent: 04/09/2013
Acknowledgement letter: 06/09/2013
Biometric letter received: 20/09/2013
Biometric letter enrolled: 28/09/2013
Approval letter received: 29/01/2014 (dated: 25/01/2014)
BRP card received: 30/01/2014

I then booked premium service at Sheffield for my wife for SET(M). Followed advices from the Gurus in this forum we prepared two forms SET(M) and FLR(M).
SET(M) - 3yrs Tier 2 Dependant since 01/2011.
Appointment date: 03/02/2014
Apponment time: 9:50am
We handed in the SET(M) form but told the officer that we were unsure which forms is suitable in our case and hence we prepared FLR(M) form with us in case. She told us the case worker would let us know later whether SET(M) would be accepted.
At 11:30am we received our documents and passports back with the approval letter for SET(M) with no questions or queries.

I hope this information would help others. Please update my record to the SkyDrive.

Best of luck who are still or going to apply.

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:51 pm

Only one app for set(m) but I took the form flr(m) with me and paid it in peo

Ali1975 wrote:Dear SSWSZ,

Grateful if you could please tell me did you book one PEO appointment or two appointments for two visa applications?

Regards

Ashblackhawk wrote:

Now I start

ss

MrA2Z
Pakistan

Post by MrA2Z » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:20 pm

Mustakim wrote:
meb4ne1 wrote:Mustakim wrote:
Hi everyone

I have applied in may and still havent heard anything from HO.

You should have called them in November. I'd ring them straight away and ask them why it is taking over 6 months. Get contact with your local MP and request him to push the HO on your behalf.

i have called them but got typical answer " under process ".

My solicitor is out of country coming back this weekend. once he is back i will discuss with him what to do whether he will write them a letter to them or should i go thhrough the MP.
Discuss with your solicitor and It is better go through the MP. My friend has applied for HSMP extension. He has been waiting for last 7 months. Now his solicitor wrote a letter to HO. Three weeks have passed after the letter and he is still waiting for their reply.

faisal270
Newly Registered

Post by faisal270 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:19 pm

Hi,

I recently register myself to this forum. Please update my application time line on skydrive

Applied received on :30/09/2013
Biometric enrolled : 27/11/2013 ( First inviation letter did not arrive and they sent another one that took longer)
Approval letter : Waiting
BRP : Waiting

Route : 5 yrs student + 5 yrs dependent

derrick
Newly Registered

Post by derrick » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:40 pm

derrick wrote:Silent reader - been reading this thread everyday. It seems that not many September applications have been processed

ILR 10 years application sent: 03/09/2013
Acknowledgement letter dated: 05/09
Bio Sent 03/10/13
Bio Done 04/10/13
Still waiting for results :(
Approval Letter Sent 04/02/2014 (taking 5 months 1 day from the application date!)

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.

Someone PMed me but sorry the forum system doesn't allow me to send anything back.

fahmeeda52
Newly Registered

Post by fahmeeda52 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:49 pm

fahmeeda52 wrote:
Hi
I came to the UK in 2003 on student visa, covert to PSW visa, now I am on HSMP visa and living in uk from 10 years. So on 4th September 2013, I applied for ILR on 10 years basis. Do you have any idea, how long it will take?

Details:

Application sent: 4/09/13
Ackowledgement & Biometric received : 20/10/2013
Biometric enrolled: 24/09/13
Now waiting: Documents & ILR

It is upto 5 months. Could anyone please suggest me, what I have to do now?

pr5556
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence SET (O) waiting time 2009 - 2010

Post by pr5556 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:58 pm

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone could send me the link to the most recent SkyDrive Excel spreadsheet of timelines and applications please.

Thanks.

MrA2Z
Pakistan

Re: 10 years long residence SET (O) waiting time 2009 - 2010

Post by MrA2Z » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:00 pm

pr5556 wrote:Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone could send me the link to the most recent SkyDrive Excel spreadsheet of timelines and applications please.

Thanks.
Here is the link
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=75f30851 ... 4499%21115

meb4ne1

Post by meb4ne1 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:05 pm

fahmeeda52 wrote:fahmeeda52 wrote:
Hi
I came to the UK in 2003 on student visa, covert to PSW visa, now I am on HSMP visa and living in uk from 10 years. So on 4th September 2013, I applied for ILR on 10 years basis. Do you have any idea, how long it will take?

Details:

Application sent: 4/09/13
Ackowledgement & Biometric received : 20/10/2013
Biometric enrolled: 24/09/13
Now waiting: Documents & ILR

It is upto 5 months. Could anyone please suggest me, what I have to do now?
It says you got your biometric letter on 20/10/2013 and you enrolled on 24/09/2013? Is that correct?

There isn't much you can do at the moment as HO says it can take up to 6 months. I'd say hold tight and hopefully you'll get yours this or next week.

MrA2Z
Pakistan

Post by MrA2Z » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:40 pm

Until now average total duration for September applicants is 19 weeks. But one user got in 9 weeks. So it becomes 20 weeks excluding him.

Average total duration for August applicants was 18 weeks.

So now HO is taking more time as compared to August applicants :(

khizarm
Pakistan

Post by khizarm » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:50 pm

Can i have 10 years long residence home office fax number plz. Its urgent

MrA2Z
Pakistan

Post by MrA2Z » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:00 pm

I made a request under the FOI act on 23rd of January and today got the information from HO.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... 030438.pdf

Out of 930 applications received in August, 805 have been completed.

Out of 1190 applications received in September, 230 have been completed.

A request was made on 9th of January and HO replied back on 30th of Jan which is here

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... 030217.pdf

vm81
Newly Registered

Post by vm81 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:27 pm

Now I start

Dear SSWSZ,

One last question - what was your spouse's immigration status before you made your application yesterday - i.e. my Mrs has been here on dep visa (5 Yrs student sep + 1 yr PSW + 3 yrs Tier 1 dep).

as always your response would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

V

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:06 pm

MY spouse status is 8 y student+ 2 year psw.i myself came as student dependent in sep 2006 then change status to tier 1 dependent in feb 2012

vm81 wrote:

Now I start

Dear SSWSZ,

One last question - what was your spouse's immigration status before you made your application yesterday - i.e. my Mrs has been here on dep visa (5 Yrs student sep + 1 yr PSW + 3 yrs Tier 1 dep).

as always your response would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

V
ss

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:33 pm

MrA2Z wrote:I made a request under the FOI act on 23rd of January and today got the information from HO.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... 030438.pdf

Out of 930 applications received in August, 805 have been completed.

Out of 1190 applications received in September, 230 have been completed.

A request was made on 9th of January and HO replied back on 30th of Jan which is here

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... 030217.pdf
thank you so very much MrA2Z, those links above are very eye opening to the HO processing times and volumes of applications.
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:10 pm

Mustakim wrote:Hi everyone

I have applied in may and still havent heard anything from HO.
Fingers crossed, you should have received your ILR by now? Any update?

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:11 pm

k79 wrote:By the grace of ALLAH i have been granted ILR.
Applied on: 16th sept 2013
Acknowledgement: 18th sept 2013
Bio invitation: 5 oct 2013
Bio Enrolled: 8 oct 2013
Approval letter issued :30/01/2014
Approval letter received :03/02/2014
BRP card received: 03/02/2014

thanks for the help of all u people.
goodluck to all who r waiting.
congratulations k79 for your successful application. enjoy your freedom. cheers

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:13 pm

rmkirfan wrote:Hi Gurus,

I will be applying this week inshallah.

In my 10 years stay, I was 3 days in Saudi on my way to India,Entry & Exit stamps are in Arabic.
Do I need to arrange translated copy?

Please Advice.

Many thanks,
Irfan.
Hello irfan, just write a covering letter explaining the dates you traveled out of the UK.
that would be enough

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:23 pm

riz9997 wrote:hi everyone,
my question is once I get the indefinite leave to remain how can I register my son as British citizen who was born here
what documents do i need to attach with the form ?
where do i need to send the form?
how much is the fee for that?
how long that will take?

please give me this information since i am been a silent reader on this forum and find it very helpful.
Hello riz9997, please click on the links below for full information as to your questions above.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... rm_mn1.pdf

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... de_mn1.pdf

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... y-fees.pdf

(new fees commencing from 6th April, 2014) see link below:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ations.pdf

hope this helps